[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Aside from the Star Wars game we've played, I've never heard of Scum recruiting members. It's almost exclusive to TP.

The only official scum role I'm aware of that can do it is the Yakuza. The mechanic is that the Yakuza chooses a player and dies, and the target becomes a Vanilla Mafia.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I would have had to be a solo scum player though to be capable of recruiting new members.

You were being so uncooperative, that I was questioning if you were ever telling the truth.

If you think you have a good argument, you don't just tell people to look at the evidence. You have to point it out.

Just now, Retaliation said:

You were being so uncooperative, that I was questioning if you were ever telling the truth.

If you think you have a good argument, you don't just tell people to look at the evidence. You have to point it out.

Why would I be cooperative though with Town at this point?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Why would I be cooperative though with Town at this point?

I could still win after town killed me, so I was more worried about them being capable of killing my abomonation, which is why I was pushed rather firmly to be more scum aligned the more town focused on me.

Because you lose if you don't.

Need I remind you that both Orange and Sunflower(late) voted you up for lynch?

Honestely, I was capable of working with you Retaliation, the rest of town I had given up on.

You were accidentally making yourself more of a threat than you were. Saying the abomination would start killing people if we lynched you was not a smart move lol.

The fact both scum were roleblockers, cop resistant, with 3 town roleblockers and a rolecop was awful. I frankly might as well have been a vanilla role. 

7 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

You were accidentally making yourself more of a threat than you were. Saying the abomination would start killing people if we lynched you was not a smart move lol.

The fact both scum were roleblockers, cop resistant, with 3 town roleblockers and a rolecop was awful. I frankly might as well have been a vanilla role. 

That was my best play if my character was killed, kill town and force them to focus on scum instead so they couldn't kill my abomonation. And you can see how effectively it worked out for my abomonation that KY died.

Edited by Shade939

I might be venting a bit because of how much of a waste of time this game was for me.

Awww.  Yeah, as scum something we noticed is you were usually right but the rest of town ignored you. That can't be a good feeling.

Hope you're still interested in these upcoming games.

Like I said in the post that got eaten, I had fun. I could have just used some of the time playing this to study or something more constructively fun. It's also a good demonstration of how hard of a time I can have defending myself, even if the lynch myself plan worked in hindsight.

I do want to make a 40k mafia mk 3 following the chaos victory in the first one. Game was a good reminder of some of the lessons I learned.

25 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Btw, I plan to have no vanilla or pointless roles in my game. There might be a counter or two, but I certainly won't have 5 roleblockers >.>

Like I said in the post that got eaten, I had fun. I could have just used some of the time playing this to study or something more constructively fun. It's also a good demonstration of how hard of a time I can have defending myself, even if the lynch myself plan worked in hindsight.

I do want to make a 40k mafia mk 3 following the chaos victory in the first one. Game was a good reminder of some of the lessons I learned.

Oh, I've never seen you host and I don't know much about 40k, but I'd join.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Btw, I plan to have no vanilla or pointless roles in my game. There might be a counter or two, but I certainly won't have 5 roleblockers >.>

Oh, I've never seen you host and I don't know much about 40k, but I'd join.

Vanilla roles are fine, they let you stop power creep. I actually depowered the scum mason in 40k mafia by forcing the mason begin with several unconnected scummates. Vert had to find them to get actions like night kills and day kills.

This game definitely doesn't top CYOR I, but it's a good lesson for everyone. I still don't know why almost everyone went for the roleblocker abilities, but I do need to learn to not be afraid to push back start dates when more balancing is needed. I suppose having this game on the backburner since December didn't help in that regard.

27 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Awww.  Yeah, as scum something we noticed is you were usually right but the rest of town ignored you. That can't be a good feeling.

Hope you're still interested in these upcoming games.

Yeah I called him the Cassandra... cursed to speak prophecies that are 100% true but nobody believes them. Maybe he could even play as her in the Gods game! lmao :D

Edited by Sunflower

Just now, Sunflower said:

Honestly I didn't think it was a bad game. I'm not sure why everyone's saying that. There were a lot of things that through us for a loop and we always had to be on our toes to try to figure out what was going on.

You just have less to compare it to is all. :p

From a scum perspective it was fine I'd imagine. From a town one we only had 2 mislynches, and just abruptly lost.

That'll be the Treestump role's cause. The Treestump isn't counted among the living town players when deciding if town has the numbers to win a game--since it can't vote and all.

From a scum perspective it was fine I'd imagine. From a town one we only had 2 mislynches, and just abruptly lost.

Three actaully, you needed my vote to counteract the four effective votes Scum had.