[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

So I ran some mid-game scenarios and found an exploit that needs patching: in single battles, no two players may battle eachother consecutively.

If such a thing does happen, I'll randomize the battle by replacing the player in the Rocket category.

Reminder CvC:

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47   Category 5
Killing_You    
Shade939 TheIrishMan Shade939
FRAYDO    
Sunflower Category 5 Shade939
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Shade939
Category 5 Hurricane Category 5 Shade939

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

So I ran some mid-game scenarios and found an exploit that needs patching: in single battles, no two players may battle consecutively.

If such a thing does happen, I'll randomize the battle by replacing the player in the Rocket category.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean like if I single battled on d3 I can't single battle on d4?

Just now, Sunflower said:

Oh gotcha. So town can't just rely on my Dragonite to take out a rocket player for example.

Correct, nor can they just force two suspected scum players to fight eachother each day.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Our train on Shade is too strong, we need some variety.  If he's actually not scum scum are letting us just walk into it easily.

It kinda depends on what we think of FRAYDO's claim. If it's true, then you and Irish are probably not rocket. Then again, the boss might be a godfather like Cat 5 said. FRAYDO forgetting to do anything last night kinda throws a wrench in that a little. Anyway that just leaves Shade, KY, Cat 5, and me - and I know what I am.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, on that front, I think we might still have to carry out the battles.  This is a battle game after all.  An outnumbered town could still win if they have better pokemon.

By all rights, all I have to do is win every battle I'm thrown into and as long as I can't be eliminated by night actions I should win the game still. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

By all rights, all I have to do is win every battle I'm thrown into and as long as I can't be eliminated by night actions I should win the game still. :v

Well, given how lapras has worked out for me, I'd say you can rest easy and bow out if you want, I can handle things from here. ;) :v

Player Trainer Nomination Rocket Nomination
OrangeP47 Category 5 TheIrishMan
Killing_You    
Shade939 TheIrishMan Shade939
FRAYDO    
Sunflower Category 5 Shade939
TheIrishMan TheIrishMan Shade939
Category 5 Hurricane Category 5 Shade939

I'm confused on how I'm still a suspect >.> Literally any explanation on how I could be Rocket can be said about Orange as well. I just found something that no one else ever noticed and I'm the one that needs to be tested? Wow, good job.

34 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Does Irish have a particular reason to not throw the battle in order to eliminate his rival?

Not really, but it's interesting that Orange is concerned that I get weakened. And what do you mean by their commitment? The only person's commitment you'd be testing is mine.

44 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It will not earn him any favor with the rest of us, and it would be one way of ensuring Irish gets weakened in return at least :p

Just now, Sunflower said:

Yeah I'll mercilessly call him a chicken if he does that!

So? I would've done whatever it took, even to the detriment of my other goal to complete this one. I'm just following in Orange, Retaliation, and Shade's footsteps from last game. What do I care about your favor, Orange? Didn't help me any before when I was practically guaranteed Town.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I'm confused on how I'm still a suspect >.> Literally any explanation on how I could be Rocket can be said about Orange as well. I just found something that no one else ever noticed and I'm the one that needs to be tested? Wow, good job.

Not really, but it's interesting that Orange is concerned that I get weakened. And what do you mean by their commitment? The only person's commitment you'd be testing is mine.

So? I would've done whatever it took, even to the detriment of my other goal to complete this one. I'm just following in Orange, Retaliation, and Shade's footsteps from last game. What do I care about your favor, Orange? Didn't help me any before when I was practically guaranteed Town.

There was no town that game :p;)

The same argument could be made for me, yes, except that I'm the one making the argument and I know it's not me.  If someone else did make the argument against me I'd have little defense, at least on that front.

The weakening thing comes because of our strategy, at one point, of keeping everyone roughly equal.  The thing is, if I battle, I don't think I'll lose, so it'll just be wasted effort.