[GAME OVER] PokeMafia Generation I

Jeod

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Alternatively, you're admitting you're clueless.

As far as I can tell, FRYADO put an arbitrary time limit on how long it is before Scum have to be discovered which is by day seven pretty much, which is when that Rocket thing happens during the night I'd guess, despite the fact this game should last for something like a guaranteed ten days and that number would only really decrease if we only had one scum member.

If Team Rocket doens't have a way to counter FRAYDO's ability, then that literally means that the only way for Team Rocket to win would be to battle everyone in game, which I don't see how they could pull that off unless they had roughly equal numbers to Town, or some really powerful night actions, especially when you take into consideration that you could force Rocket Members to fight each other assuming you could control the vote...

Just now, Shade939 said:

As far as I can tell, FRYADO put an arbitrary time limit on how long it is before Scum have to be discovered which is by day seven pretty much, which is when that Rocket thing happens during the night I'd guess, despite the fact this game should last for something like a guaranteed ten days and that number would only really decrease if we only had one scum member.

If Team Rocket doens't have a way to counter FRAYDO's ability, then that literally means that the only way for Team Rocket to win would be to battle everyone in game, which I don't see how they could pull that off unless they had roughly equal numbers to Town, or some really powerful night actions, especially when you take into consideration that you could force Rocket Members to fight each other assuming you could control the vote...

Or Rocket could have been expected to really pull their weight early on and cause trainer on trainer before trainers got their act together.

Just now, Shade939 said:

But what about the VP and Items for winning?

If it's trainer on trainer, one trainer gets weaker, one gets stronger, but possibly less trainers overall.  It's quite possible to become strong without battling.  I got to stage 3 just now on a strong pokemon and I didn't battle it once.

Just now, Shade939 said:

And you really undervalue the benefit of having better items.

In my planned revision for Gen 2, I'm going to introduce a shopping system :v

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why don't you place your full list of actions, OrangeP47? If you really are lying, maybe Shade could use the information you've already given to find a contradiction in your actions? Or maybe Shade should be asking this question himself if he's so concerned?

N1 Ice Beam Lapras, Train a pokemon I don't want to reveal

N2 Train pokemon, scout KY

N3 Train pokemon, scout Cat 5, Buy TM

N4 Train pokemon, scout shade

N5 Train pokemon, Scout Shade, purchase TM

25 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Alright, I've gotta leave. Time for my votes, then. I'd also like to additionally petition to extend the day as long as necessary since we haven't had any input from FRAYDO and he might not be aware.

##Trainer Category5

##Rocket Shade939

I may do this since the storm has changed course and isn't projected to hit Virginia until Thursday night.

The day is extended to tomorrow at normal hammer time.

Just now, Shade939 said:

And you should have had less health.

I played some Pokemon Y yesterday, and literally the first pokemon I came across was a Pinsir.  It did not stand a chance against my Mega-Charizard.  Then, I played some showdown battles, random battle, and the first pokemon my opponent had was a Pinsir.  It stood no chance against my Zapdos.  I think the verdict is clear, it's just not a good time for Pinsir.

So sorry! Work and school have me backed up like crazy, and circumstances have prevented me from returning to my own home to actually sit down and actively participate. This should be resolved by tomorrow, depending. Irl issues aside, things are good.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

So sorry! Work and school have me backed up like crazy, and circumstances have prevented me from returning to my own home to actually sit down and actively participate. This should be resolved by tomorrow, depending. Irl issues aside, things are good.

Did you scan anyone last night, or were too busy?

I missed the phase entirely, but hey I have 2 Pokécoins saved.

I did read later that I was watched.

Lastly, I skimmed somewhere before my phone died that Shade really, really wanted to be investigated. That reads as too eager to be cleared, but who knows.

The scum win condition should be to equal or outnumber Town, right? If that's the case, a 3-man Scum team would be silly. They'd just have to eliminate one player to win. I couldn't find if that's actually their win condition looking through the rules but I did find something interesting that I think we all missed.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, Jeod said:

Players will be assigned their role of either Trainer or Team Rocket. They will be asked to choose six Pokemon from the list of Base Forms. Movesets will be randomly assigned based on which moves their Pokemon can learn, but all players will start the game with two TMs from a list of TMs compatible with their roster. Of the Team Rocket members, one may be a Boss and if there are more than two, another may be an Admin. Boss Rocket and Admin Rocket may select one Evolved Pokemon to make up their party of six.

This means that if there are two Scum members, only one of them would start out with an evolved Pokemon. Granted we're so far into the game that it'll only get harder to determine whether a player started out with an evolved Pokemon, even if they didn't, it doesn't mean they're clear.