[Game Over] RA:APB-themed Mafia Game VII (B0tes Edition!)

VERTi60

Just now, ChopBam said:

Nothing happened to me either.

I'm afraid you might be trying to destroy our airfield, Jeod. That's another reason I'd be cautious with shots if I were you. We'd lose our lynching ability (and the Spy Plane??).

If Jeod's an attack sub he can't hit anything on land anyway.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

All units can "reveal" any empty tile on the map, that's one of the first things I checked with Verti.

And it was Orange who fired that shot.

Ah, interesting. Considering that attack subs can't hit ground (or can they?).

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

No it was me.  I'm an attack sub, so even though I can't hit land, land shows up.  If there's a thing there it would probably be detected maybe.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Actually, according to the OP, only surface naval units will be hit. It doesn't specify whether or not it can hit empty ground.

Just now, Nodlied said:

I assume they can't damage units on land, but Verti has to reveal any tile unit shoots at one way or another. So even a torpedo would reveal a land tile, instead of it being completely unknown. No idea what happens if a unit is in that tile or not though, it could very well incorrectly mark that tile as empty if it's the wrong weapon type.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I assume they can't damage units on land, but Verti has to reveal any tile unit shoots at one way or another. So even a torpedo would reveal a land tile, instead of it being completely unknown. No idea what happens if a unit is in that tile or not though, it could very well incorrectly mark that tile as empty if it's the wrong weapon type.

I'd been thinking detect personally, and while I suppose it might reveal as empty, I still think it would detect.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'd been thinking detect personally, and while I suppose it might reveal as empty, I still think it would detect.

The general intent is a unit won't be given away by firing it's weapon, so it's possible that it might detect in that case, since it wouldn't reveal the weapon fired since the land type of the hit unit is still unknown.

Now, as for whether or not you should fire at M12, that's debatable since it's just as likely to be a Town power role trying to stay hidden as it would be a Scum role trying to remain hidden. Since we've destroyed one Scum member, that puts the odds at more around a 45% of hitting Town.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Now, as for whether or not you should fire at M12, that's debatable since it's just as likely to be a Town power role trying to stay hidden as it would be a Scum role trying to remain hidden. Since we've destroyed one Scum member, that puts the odds at more around a 45% of hitting Town.

Honestly, I'd be satisfied with a "hey it's me!"  If it's someone I find towny then we don't have to fire, but if it's someone who's scummy, then maybe we fire :p

6 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

M12 has already been registered as a hit, so that won't achieve anything.