[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

Really, we're all like third party with our own goals being to seize the throne. At this rate however it looks like either nobody wants to take it from me or nobody can contest it. It might be a balance thing, it might be a player skill thing, it might be both. But as long as nobody wants the throne or can't possibly take it by force, the game is over.

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

"There can't be a rebellion if there is nobody left to rebel"--this is the line of thinking I completely disagree with and what I have an issue with.

That's what happens when the game is set up so the First Rebellion is supposed to succeed, and we actually have generic actions locked behind it such as a house choosing to go independent.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Really, we're all like third party with our own goals being to seize the throne. At this rate however it looks like either nobody wants to take it from me or nobody can contest it. It might be a balance thing, it might be a player skill thing, it might be both. But as long as nobody wants the throne or can't possibly take it by force, the game is over.

It's not like the game ends for the Rebels if they lose all of their troops overthrowing the capital so a new king is elected.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I think in the end we all have the same goal, and that is preventing Ice Skrull from becoming king.

In order to do so we have to defeat this rebellion, the one after and the one after that, while keeping enough combined troops to survive the Long Night.

2 minutes ago, rubeci said:

I think in the end we all have the same goal, and that is preventing Ice Skrull from becoming king.

In order to do so we have to defeat this rebellion, the one after and the one after that, while keeping enough combined troops to survive the Long Night.

Considering that actually requires overthrowing Jeod, are you certain of that?

1 minute ago, rubeci said:

"In order to do so we have to defeat this rebellion, the one after and the one after that"

What?

The only way to stop this rebellion is to overthrow the king, or eliminate basically everyone in fame so they can't be converted.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The only way to stop this rebellion is to overthrow the king, or eliminate basically everyone in fame so they can't be converted.

If that is whats necessary or do you believe any new king would not face rebellion again immediately?

11 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I or my partner can convert others and you guys won't know who, and then - even if they or their convert died - they'd end up converting someone else, up until there is only the King left. >.>

You were very thorough in your calculations, so tell me, why didn't you include Orange in all of this?

Just now, Voe said:

You were very thorough in your calculations, so tell me, why didn't you include Orange in all of this?

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that Orange specifically sent forces to defend Sunflower, just to make the rebels as weak as they can get for maximum conversions.

But well, think what you like.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think that Orange specifically sent forces to defend Sunflower, just to make the rebels as weak as they can get for maximum conversions.

But well, think what you like.

I sent troops to Sunflower thinking we'd actually win :(

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I sent troops to Sunflower thinking we'd actually win :(

You're too shrewd for me, to ever fully trust you :v

##vote Irishman

It's true, I could have sent 2500 more troops than I did.  Maybe that would have made the difference :(

You better tell me what is your plan for tackling the irishman conundrum.

##unvote

I'll reserve my decisions for then it's more relevant.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

You better tell me what is your plan for tackling the irishman conundrum.

##unvote

I'll reserve my decisions for then it's more relevant.

TBH I'm just going to keep voting rebels, but I've not done so yet cause I don't want to rain on everyone's sourpuss parade :p

Just now, Shade939 said:

At least Jeod has a reason to try and keep the throne, even if it'll most likely result in everyone being killed by the dead in the end.

I have a very good reason for being loyalist:  It buys me time to build my religion abilities and turtle.  I've said this from the start :p

I also realised that with the force-based recruitment mechanic, my 20k mercs ability as king would only have ever been a hindrance. It sounds pretty dumb tbh.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I have a very good reason for being loyalist:  It buys me time to build my religion abilities and turtle.  I've said this from the start :p

Tell me how that works out for you at the end..

Orange, if what Irishman says is true, you'll be the only loyalist remaining at the end of the game. You'll never even have a chance to rebel until you and Jeod are the only two left. Then, remember Jeod's vote counts as 1.1, meaning he'll vote you down for inspection, and then invade you with 30k troops with a 3x player elimination multiplayer. You can't win this, no matter how hard you build up.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Orange, if what Irishman says is true, you'll be the only loyalist remaining at the end of the game. You'll never even have a chance to rebel until you and Jeod are the only two left. Then, remember Jeod's vote counts as 1.1, meaning he'll vote you down for inspection, and then invade you with 30k troops with a 3x player elimination multiplayer. You can't win this, no matter how hard you build up.

As long as there's a rebel to vote it's fine.  If there's no rebel to vote, I assume the mechanics change and we enter a new phase.  Same for if WIN gets triggered first, which is likely.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Precisely, and had I known that this game had very little teamwork fundamentals like in base mafia games, I probably wouldn't have signed up. I despise winning through promoting myself at the expense of others when we're essentially under the same banner.

As long as there's a rebel to vote it's fine.  If there's no rebel to vote, I assume the mechanics change and we enter a new phase.  Same for if WIN gets triggered first, which is likely.

When there is no rebel to vote, there starts a new rebellion. As of the winter mechanic, we're only half way there.

Just now, Voe said:

When there is no rebel to vote, there starts a new rebellion. As of the winter mechanic, we're only half way there.

I'm pretty sure a rebellion of 1 wouldn't be allowed to happen.  If it would, then I'll join in with the rest of you at being more outraged. :p