[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Precisely, and had I known that this game had very little teamwork fundamentals like in base mafia games, I probably wouldn't have signed up. I despise winning through promoting myself at the expense of others when we're essentially under the same banner.

I feel like things would have been better if we had more of the nation RPG mechanics to it,  that would have supported letting players ally together to various extents and supported a more guild alignment system, instead of having the vote basically override everything else.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I feel like things would have been better if we had more of the nation RPG mechanics to it,  that would have supported letting players ally together to various extents and supported a more guild alignment system, instead of having the vote basically override everything else.

Edit: Would have supported a more fluid alignment system, where you could have trade and military alliances, and if you had been allowed to attack anyone in game and switch sides whenever you wanted basically.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Edit: Would have supported a more fluid alignment system, where you could have trade and military alliances, and if you had been allowed to attack anyone in game and switch sides whenever you wanted basically.

Being able to rebel whenever you want would be nice.

Well, since the game has effectively stalled, I think it's alright to say: I spoke to Verti about this situation and I believe as long as nobody wants to try to contest the throne, and nobody can, the game can end early. That's an option at least, @VERTi60 can confirm and tell us how to proceed with that route.

Another option I can see is skipping to the end of this phase since we all know we're lynching TheIrishMan today.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

Unless we lynch you, Jeod.

My interest in this game was lost the moment it was discovered that I'm apparently extremely difficult to challenge and don't offer any motivation to loyals to turn on me.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

My interest in this game was lost the moment it was discovered that I'm apparently extremely difficult to challenge and don't offer any motivation to loyals to turn on me.

Having Targaryans on your side definitely flipped the balance of power.

Just now, Voe said:

Having Targaryans on your side definitely flipped the balance of power.

Well we don't have any specific win conditions besides "seize the throne", which was already kinda foggy. Sunflower's personal ambitions were to hatch her dragons and raise them just because she wanted to see interesting dragon stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Like seeing if they could melt the Iron Throne or not. :p

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Well we don't have any specific win conditions besides "seize the throne", which was already kinda foggy. Sunflower's personal ambitions were to hatch her dragons and raise them just because she wanted to see interesting dragon stuff.

Fantastic.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

That was not the quote I thought it was.

A completely passive and uninvolved player not only gets the most powerful rebel house, but also stays loyal and becomes the hand, warranting their elimination when the first rebellion ends.

Just now, Voe said:

A completely passive and uninvolved player not only gets the most powerful rebel house, but also stays loyal and becomes the hand, warranting their elimination when the first rebellion ends.

Don't be so insulting. You should see the kingdom doc.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

"Cool dragon things" probably involved winning the game :p

Just now, Jeod said:

Don't be so insulting. You should see the kingdom doc.

The one that 80% of the players have no access to? I don't think that qualifies as involvement. You could have been chatting on facebook for all that matters.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

At least from what I heard from my alliance doc, it actually sounded like Sunflower was doing all the work in the Kingdom doc ;)

It's true, I have a life. :v Sunflower did all the maths and was the one who had the idea about the number of rebels relating to the kingdom income.