[GAME OVER] Cop Mafia II

Jeod

Instead of debating, let's actually chart this out.

Lynches

• D1 5 cop reports (with 1 fake)
  • D1 lynch player
  • D2 have 3 additional cop reports (with 1 fake)
  • D2 is LYLO with two confirmed town and a total of 8 cop reports (with 2 fakes)

No-Lynches

• D1 5 cop reports (with 1 fake)
  • D1 no-lynch
  • D2 have 4 additional cop reports (with 1 fake)
  • D2 no-lynch
  • D3 Have 3 additional cop reports (with 1 fake)
  • D3 is LYLO with two confirmed and a total of 12 cop reports (with 3 fakes)

Unless I've horribly missed something, it's quite frankly stupid in my opinion to not nolynch until the last possible day.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's considered well known over an MU as a meta-tell.

The fact that if we no lynch today we ARE at MYLO tomorrow, and you've missed this is troubling.

Do you try to pay attention to meta with players? Like, with how they usually speak in their posts? If so, you should know by now that I post like this no matter what my alignment is.

As for the MYLO part, just look at my last post. Also,

##vote nolynch

7 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

That just doesn't seem like it's worth it. There's only two ways this goes, we get insanely lucky and Voe is mafia (which is less likely now, I think). Or he flips town and then what? I'm just having a very hard time thinking of anything positive we get out of this that we don't already get from making charts and analyzing posts.

I was going to type out the way it plays out and how it would result in us getting more information, but while doing so, I realized that it honestly wouldn't change that much. So, I do concede to your point.

##vote NoLynch

Just now, ChopBam said:

I didn't consider the possibility of nolynching two days in a row. This would be the only path forward if we were to nolynch today. Let me think about this more.

##unvote

Actually, I didn't either.

So you're proposing two no-lynches? That makes slightly more sense.

I'm not going to back down on the scum read, and tbh there's not much you can do to convince me on it anyway, but it's not my primary concern at the moment.  Choosing a lynch puts destiny in our own hands (See Voe being a convergence). That said, possibly coordinating our cop reports is probably out of the question, as whoever's scum could just kill where we're not checking, so that's also a concern.

16 hours ago, ChopBam said:

[PLAYERS] [N0 RESULT] [IS NOT THESE COP TYPES]
Voe iLTS Town Not Paranoid
Killing_You ChopBam Town Not Paranoid
iLikeToSnipe Voe Mafia Not Naive
ChopBam Killing_You Mafia Not Naive
OrangeP47 Voe Town Not Paranoid

Is there a good/better way to keep charts updated? We are going to want a long running chart we updated each day.

The players who'd received Scum reading Night 0 should investigate themselves Night 1 to verify for insane/paranoid. Everyone else (ie those who received Town readings) should investigate the targets yielding Scum from Night 0.

And obviously, ##vote Nolynch extends the game for more reports to come in.

I'd also like to mention how iLTS/myself and ChopBam/KY reports came in pairs, giving one another a town/scum read. Orange is the only one who stands out :raise:

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

I don't see how that'd help, unless they're a Sane Cop that managed to get Scum N0. Every other circumstance, they'd get another Mafia result from themselves, leaving them with no context as to which one is Insane and which is Paranoid.

I just had this idea and I'm going to try thinking it through some more, but what do you think about this? Nobody self investigates N1, but everybody self investigates N2? I think that would maximize information, but I'm not sure yet.

1 minute ago, Voe said:

I'd also like to mention how iLTS/myself and ChopBam/KY reports came in pairs, giving one another a town/scum read. Orange is the only one who stands out :raise:

I mean, I'm town, but if Jeod made a pattern like that that'd be ultra-dumb.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I just had this idea and I'm going to try thinking it through some more, but what do you think about this? Nobody self investigates N1, but everybody self investigates N2? I think that would maximize information, but I'm not sure yet.

Maybe...? I don't see the need now, but when we get there, I might be open to my mind being changed.