C&C Launch Party!

FRAYDO

Everyone is prolly having their own Remastered release parties but see, you want to join ours because we’re cool and you love us! So much so that you’ll spread the word and tell others!

Come hang on our Discord for our C&C Launch Party! 6 PM BST, June 5th we’ll be there! 🎉

Time Converter for your convenience: https://savvytime.com/converter/eest-to-cest-bst-est-cst-pst/jun-5-2020/6pm

psst

hey

keep reading

keep an eye out for a map contest for your chance to win some epic C&C posters from us!

[blurb]The C&C Remastered Collection is Launching! So Join us on Discord to celebrate the launch![/blurb]

20 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Everyone is prolly having their own Remastered release parties but see, you want to join ours because we’re cool and you love us! So much so that you’ll spread the word and tell others!

Submit to Yuri's will...

I'll try and be there! I don't know if I will be, but I'm planning on getting my daily stuff out of the way early so I can check out the remaster when it drops, so we'll see!

What are your thoughts about the remasters? I think they did a very good job, considering what they wanted to achieve.

To me it's still the same games that I played for years, just with a lot of good upgrades. However, that doesn't make me want to replay all the campaigns all over again, unless there are new goodies added to them that worth all the hours to put into them...? Unit queues are a very welcome upgrade for playability at least.

3 hours ago, moonsense715 said:

What are your thoughts about the remasters? I think they did a very good job, considering what they wanted to achieve.

To me it's still the same games that I played for years, just with a lot of good upgrades. However, that doesn't make me want to replay all the campaigns all over again, unless there are new goodies added to them that worth all the hours to put into them...? Unit queues are a very welcome upgrade for playability at least.

It's done pretty well. It's not the very best remake ever, but it's definitely not a failure like the warcraft remake. I haven't tried multiplayer yet btw. 

One of the things I sort of miss are game mechanic and game content upgrades.

Sometimes I'm bothered by bad path-finding and overall dumb unit behavior (Like when you order a group of tanks to flank attack and enemy base, and 1/3 decides to drive there straight through enemy Tesla coils). On that part, it's just like in the originals. Maybe if I'll play multiplayer, I'll find they've upgraded that, though. I've read that some multiplayer mechanics aren't put into the campaign games.

For now, its a pretty good remake, but not on par with for example Age of Empires 2 DE (which really upgraded graphics ánd content ánd game mechanics by huge amounts).

EDIT: Just to give another example: In the 6th GDI mission, you get a single Commando to destroy a certain Nod structure. The mission opens with you having to destroy two SAM sites, so a Chinook can arrive to transport you around.

The thing is, destroyed SAM sites sometimes randomly spawn riflemen, who unavoidably and immediately open fire on your Commando after you C4 them. In my first play-through, both SAM sites spawned 2 riflemen, and my Commando was down to 1 HP before I even made a single mistake. In my second play-through, I came out of it with 100% health, because no riflemen spawned. 

It's a bit of a pity that they didn't just fix these kind of issues IMO.

Edited by GaryOak