[GAME OVER] CYOR VI

Jeod
Message added by Jeod,

59 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I mean, if you want to get into meta/WIFOM arguments like that, why would I do that as mafia? There would be ample opportunities for me to blend in as town. However, that's bad for me as a neutral that needs to survive. If I pretend to be town and mafia believe it, that makes me an NK target.

In other words, I have every reason to claim neutral if I really am neutral or if I'm TP pretending to be neutral. I would only claim town if I was town or mafia. I'm only on your list to lynch right now because I've chosen to act this way. This isn't a case of "subverting expectations". Claiming mafia and saying "lynch me!" as mafia would be totally against my meta and "subverting expectations". It'd also be completely idiotic.

Context. Never said town wouldn't claim neutral.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Just claim neutral no matter what and then bitch and moan when people lynch you for "no reason". Win Mafia Championships with that strat.

If there's ever a closed setup year I might do it for the memes, I'm well known enough now I can get away with it as long as I recant by D2.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Just claim neutral no matter what and then bitch and moan when people lynch you for "no reason". Win Mafia Championships with that strat.

You're free to assume that everything follows a meta or set of strict rules. I'm not going to complain if you lynch me. I'm just giving you the straight truth of what will happen.

Besides, if you want to go purely by my meta then I'm definitely not mafia. Why would I give up control of the vote and just sit back as mafia? But am I suddenly mafia because I wouldn't do that as mafia? Strictly applying my meta I am either neutral or TP.

If you believe otherwise, then let's talk. At this point you're just pushing for a lynch you know doesn't help town.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean it seemed to me to be more like an alignment test sort of implication.

Bottom line is, I trust Shade to try a gambit that is unpredictable and leads to results that aren't what he claims will happen. So... I did not (and still don't) trust that he has any kind of alignment test.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Bottom line is, I trust Shade to try a gambit that is unpredictable and leads to results that aren't what he claims will happen. So... I did not (and still don't) trust that he has any kind of alignment test.

I mean, purely fatal actions aren't generally his meta, even when they are fatal, they generally have a gimmick or rng, and I say that as someone that got pwnt by lucario.