RA through TS where did the attack dogs go?

Raptor29aa

I noticed that Soviets had dogs in RA1 and then later both Soviets and Allies had dogs in RA2 Strangely after the tiberian meteor hits and tiberian dawn rolls around no dogs. Later in tiberian sun this creature emerges the tiberian fiend. 

I think it is possible that the large numbers of dogs became mutants?

This is Lore not cannon, but I think it answers the question8BCB5F99-33D0-472C-8609-6B02F22AB8E3.jpeg.187e520666579204ab63b3a56eb0d714.jpeg

Edited by Raptor29aa
Misspelled a word

20 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

I noticed that Soviets had dogs in RA1 and then later both Soviets and Allies had dogs in RA2 Strangely after the tiberian meteor hits and tiberian dawn rolls around no dogs. Later in tiberian sun this creature emerges the tiberian fiend. 

I think it is possible that the large numbers of dogs became mutants?

The dogs that become mutants were more than likely just normal stray dogs as due to people abandoning major cities in hours due to tiberium and war. We can see IRL people abandoning their homes and unfortunately pets when hurricanes happen or other natural disasters. I can imagine that this would be exuberated in TS due to how fast the conflict moved. These stray dogs probably just mutated into what we see in TS.

In terms of the official attack dogs, they disappeared from the strategy of both armies as this topic is obviously discussing. I believe the reason for so during Tiberian Sun is that the world simply became too toxic and infected. Every GDI and Nod soldier dons helmets and gear to help protect them. With the exception of Slavik and a couple of other units for aesthetical reasons, we can see that both armies are doing their best to protect themselves from the world they're fighting in. In fact most of the units we see without gear are mutants themselves. My best guess for the dogs disappearing is that the world has become too infected and using dogs would only kill them or turn them into untrainable tiberium fiends. It was just too much of a risk to take for either side or became ineffective to use because other units had taken their place in a more safer better way (For example, wolverines were able to move fast and kill people a lot better and safer than a dog could).

(Although it should be noted some missions allowed you to take control of a fiend. Maybe Nod and GDI never were able to or trusted training tiberium fiends.)

I think the most logical explanation is that they simply fell out of favor for a number of reasons. Most likely, advanced technology that was able to fill the role of the dog without putting a living thing in danger, especially in regards to identification. It's worth remembering that attack dogs were absent during TD as well, so I don't think the oversaturation of Tiberium is that big of a factor.