Blog 54 (07/11/07)

Welcome to this week's blog. I'm really rather shattered at the moment from all the intense coursework deadlines. (I redid my entire graphics coursework within the space of 24 hours, 11 A3 pages so far). So yeah. But we have some cool stuff for you to see nonetheless.

<h3>Model Updates</h3>

Thought our Apocalypse Tank was good? Think again. I'm currently upgrading the model so that it will truly be the icon that it is meant to be.

Click for a nice image of the current Apocalypse Tank.

So here is a work in progress shot of the re-equipped Apocalypse Tank so far.

Apocwip-1.png

I have also been preparing some new resources to harvest. That's right! New Ore! This will be used in both AR and APB with textures to come from Venompawz :D They are just like cheesy peas at the moment though.

Ore-1.png

Finally, to go with the ore we have the Ore Extractor. This model has been endited and finished off by me. Chevy787 is currently unwrapping it. Check it out.

oreextbw7.th.png

<h3>Animations</h3>

You may know that we are planning landing zones for harrieres so that they will automatically deploy the landing gear when they get close to an Air Force Command HQ. This will trigger an animation (there is a video of the legendary boxplane around somewhere).

dtrngd was taking a look at how these kinda of animations can be triggered for almost anything and has produced two nice experimental videos which hint at some of the future possibilities.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="

http://i153.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/dtrngd/RandomAnims.flv"></embed>

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i153.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/dtrngd/Elevators.flv"></embed>

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

Breaking News! The Soviets are back��‚��€�this time on American soil. And their mysterious mind-control technology is turning Americans into mindless automatons faster than a season of back-to-back Jerry Springer. Take up arms for the Red, White and Blue........ or just the Red. Whatever your allegiance, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising pushes the frontier of FPS/TPS/RTS hybrid gaming. In other news......

Coursework is handed in, for now......

cfehunter is back on XP, so he'll be getting back to work as his compatibility issues have gone.

We have a new staff member! Give a big warm welcome to DannyCon, who has joined Bluehell Productions to make models and textures. His help will be greatly appretiated and will help to propell both projects forward and an ever increasing rate. Also, to top it off, he is british! Another one of use on the team can't be bad! He has begun by making a start on the Allied Harrier, expect some news on that soon :)

BogdanV returned to us briefly with a staggeringly awesome new feature that he had managed to accomplish in the game. We aren't going to show you just yet though. It is really quite special.

Dutch Sunshine, an avid AR & APB fan, has translated APB into Dutch for us. This means that dutch fans will expect a version in their native language. In the fufutre, AR will also be translated into dutch, so watch this space.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Shed</h3>

No one approached me about mods this week. So I can put what ever I want here.

Red Alert: A Path Beyond is curently showcased on the official EA C&C site (proof). Check it out at commandandconquer.com

Next up is a cool, real life RA2 Tesla Coil..... but stylised :) Check it out at tesladownunder.com

Finally, assassin over at C&C Source put up an awesome, official storyboard depicting two tesla troopers playing poker. Check it out here.

<h3>Closure</h3>

We are closed, sorry. Please return next week for more stuff.

-The Management-

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Cool, always thought the Apoc wasn't quite right, but that looks a lot better. And those animations triggers is just awesome, even getting trees to fall over just... WOW

And can't wait to test that "new feature" whatever it is it must be awesome

But the "real life RA2 Tesla Coil" link gets me 404 error

I assume so since he said 'Check it out' and then there was a gap and then a new section....

A screwup on my part, try now.

The Apoc tank has got a totally new turret and back section. I'm also aiming to redo the wheels and tracks and most of the object faces.

Guest Xenon560

Nice ne apoc tank and well done with the animations. it would be good to have trees fall over and desks and chairs breaking. :D

the real life RA2 tesla coil is soo cool

I'll find the missing treads :D

Nice blog, i cant wait to knock down some trees :)

i saw the Real life RA2 Tesla coil at school, because the site isn't block in the cencor

also in the blog 53, i meant a skined Battle Fortress. I'll apply to help the team out soon, as soon as the school work kind dies down a bit.

Edited by Rufrky

lol PUBLICITY!!!! but I really can't tell the difference between the new and old apocs, but if the mod team says its better, I'll take their word for it. :D

YAY! proper ore!!!

EDIT: Could the harrier animation script logic also work for harvesters? So that when they are in a certain zone in the Ore Refinery the back tips? That would be so cool... :D

Edited by r34ch

Guest lawmakerex

Wow you guys have done what Ea couldn't do in renegade. The triggering system is really....Wickedly...HOT. Keep up the good work, you guys are the greatest. Just imagine what would happen if people could buy APB. Good job guys.

BTW, i love the site about the tesla, who knew you could create such a thing, the Apocalypse tank is great too. I wish i was with you creating this games so that i can get all the praise too....lucky you.

W00t! great blog guys! /me gives 30 cybar-cookies to team :D

Great animations and such, i didn't even know it was possible until now lol, nice videos dt... Also, welcome DannyCon, nice to see another fellow Englishman joining the team! (he knows it's an adjustable spanner) :p

Btw, that is one awesome Tesla Coil.

Thats a good point in general, trees that can be destroyed/felled.

Would be nice on some inf only maps, imagine rocket troopers or guardian GIs firing and suddenly a tree falls

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Thats a good point in general, trees that can be destroyed/felled.

Would be nice on some inf only maps, imagine rocket troopers or guardian GIs firing and suddenly a tree falls

Could make for some nice strategies, shoot at a tree so that only one more of your shots will let it fall, and then wait till the whole enemy army comes by, and let them be crushed by a tree (inf, do die if they get a tree down on them, right?)