Blog 87 (25/06/08)

Welcome to this week's blog. What are you reading this for? There are much cooler things below this sentence, so go check them out. :)

<h3>Flak Track</h3>

TheBeerinator has been putting the finishing touches to the Flak Track before we send it into rigging. All I can say is that it is looking really rather awesome. I shan't go into detail about it, since I would simply be repeating what I wrote last blog. Heh. Anyway, here's some images.

1-1-1.jpg

Urban_Flak-1.jpgSnow_Flak-1.jpg

Forest_Flak-1.jpgDesert_Flak-1.jpg

<h3>New Shoes</h3>

I looked at the Rhino Tank wheels in horror when I first saw them, because they are blocky and not too nice. But never fear, OWA is here! I have modelled up some new wheels that will look real nice on any tracked vehicles we have, so feast your eyes on these!

NewRhinoShoes-1.png

Click picture to enlarge

Here is an image of the old wheel model, in action, to compare.

ScreenShot16-1.png

Note: This will not slow development.

<h3>Map: Freezing Straits</h3>

dtrngd has been rapidly working on this new map which, as the name suggests, is based on some cold straits of land which the Allies and Soviets are contesting over.

Once we get naval combat into the game, this map will be expanded with extra island with tech oil derricks on them, creating new gameplay opportunities. This is what I was talking about in the podcast a couple of weeks back. Here is the first WIP image that has been approved to show to you guys :)

FS3-1.png

<h3>New Staffer: Lord_Kane</h3>

You may have seen Lord_Kane promoted to an op in the IRC channel, this can only mean one thing...

Evil really did get an upgrade.

But in all seriousness, with the abscence of Ryo Hazuki, we were once again in need of a PR guy. Since I did the podcast with Lord_Kane a couple of weeks back, as well as knowing him well enough to trust him with forum access, I offered him a position as PR guy, which he accepted.

So Make sure to keep your eyes on the front page and on moddb for evidence of his posting, as well as hearing him in upcoming podcasts too!

Welcome to the team Lord_Kane.

Ninjaedit by TruYuri: World is coming to an end due to the above announcement. Let's give One Winged Angel a round of applause for this!

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I went for pizza today with some friends, including cfehunter. It was scrummeh! I'm also having a shindig over at my place tommorrow. The general idea of a shindig is that 5 of us (known to ourselves as the shindig 5) get together at somebody's house, bringing games, food, whatever. Tis rather fun.

cfehunter is going to get owned at Super Smash Brothers tommorrow (j/k).

danpaul88 is off to a wedding, have fun man!

dtrngd has been mapping, as seen above.

Chevy got back from the beach, but he saw no pirates.

<h3>Shout Outs!</h3>

A new section that randomly crops up every time I want to make a shout out to someone.

This week's shout out goes to the PMT girls over at http://muse.mu !!!

So a big "heya!" goes to nettynunu, maria_way, lost153 and especially Pinky753!

You people rock!

Sorry if I missed anyone :D

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

The coolest thing that I have seen this week has to be this:

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Life (Hidden Referance)</h3>

Mate. Feed. Blog. Repeat.

Guest GummiBear

WOW I never noticed the old wheels were so blocky, but the new ones are nice. Also nice texture of the flak. and that looks like a very interesting ma... a short route but very narrow near the bases due to bridge and a MUCH longer one that is though much wider. And last but defiantly not least congratulations to Lord Kane

Guest Deadpikle

'reference. Not referance.

:D

Anyway, I love how the flak track looks, and the new wheels are quite nice. Also youtube vid does not work.

In each new blog the same

vehicles are looking more and more better. Are you guys ever satisfied with them? :p

Any news on kirov model or any updates on v3/apocalipse tank ?

Edited by VERTi60

Guest r34ch

dtr's map as usual looks win.

Honestly i think the rhino has lost some of its cartoony-ness with now circular wheels, but it does look much much better

Guest MuadDib15

The flak track looks awesome (is it a 4 banger?). The wheels on the Rhino look much better than they did before too.

Also, Frank Klepacki owns. Sound could be better though. :/

Sweet blog! TBH, while testing, I never noticed that the old wheels were that blocky either, good job though :D

Also Muse are awesome, I love Matt Bellamy's voice. And WOOT! Frank Klepacki is still rocking out that tune hehe xD.

Guest Aidoneus

I would quite happily kill Frank and deprive the world of his genius for ownership of that guitar.

Also, Slipknot reference, yes.

Guest EVA-251

Flak Track is amazing, but one question- will there be a real Soviet scheme? Be it from the cameos, or the ingames? None of those really resemble their real RA2 skins.

Guest Chad1233

Yay, no blocky tank wheels! I also saw the Hellmarch vedio befor and way awsome, and the map thats in production is great too!

Love the Flak Track, nice one beer :x

New wheels are alot better!

Another win map!

Welcome Lord_Kane :>

Love the vid lol

Another great blog!! keep it up!

Oh yea OWA, how was pendulum?

We didn't got to see them in the ends because the queue was too long and when we got there we found out that it was only a DJ set.

I would quite happily kill Frank and deprive the world of his genius for ownership of that guitar.

Also, Slipknot reference, yes.

Aido wins a cookie :3

Flak Track is amazing, but one question- will there be a real Soviet scheme? Be it from the cameos, or the ingames? None of those really resemble their real RA2 skins.

It's hard to distinguish the paint job from the voxels.

Guest r34ch
We didn't got to see them in the ends because the queue was too long and when we got there we found out that it was only a DJ set.
ROFL! They nearly got you too eh? Same story over here, probably same DJ doing the set xD