RA2:AR FAQ

I have a frew questions regarding the Chrono Legionnaire:

1. Is he excpected to be in the first release of AR?

2. When he teleports over long distance will it take time for his body to materialise like in RA2?

3. If he attacks a buliding, will the buliding start deconstructing and eventually vanish?

Thanks

Edited by TSAR1

Thank you for the feedback.

This is a continuation of my second question:

Q: When you want to teleport long distances do you have the option of opening a maplike interface on your HUD and clicking where you wish to go?

Thank you for the feedback.

This is a continuation of my second question:

Q: When you want to teleport long distances do you have the option of opening a maplike interface on your HUD and clicking where you wish to go?

There is some overhead map stuff planned, but whether we'll use it for the CLeg is unknown yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Much Appreciated

Now I understand that in the first installment of AR there won't be Naval Units, but I have to ask these questions anyway.

Q:Which naval units would be included or excluded?

Q:If included, how will you control the aircraft on the Allied Carrier?

Q:If included, Will there be an animation when a Giant Squid attacks a ship?

Thank You.

Much Appreciated

Now I understand that in the first installment of AR there won't be Naval Units, but I have to ask these questions anyway.

Q:Which naval units would be included or excluded?

Q:If included, how will you control the aircraft on the Allied Carrier?

Q:If included, Will there be an animation when a Giant Squid attacks a ship?

Thank You.

1. I believe we are planing to include all of them

2. It's undecided I think a good way would be for it to be a building or fake world box vehicle that has remote terminals for the planes. so other players can ride on the ship and use the remote planes. I'm not quite sure if any of this is possible.

3.If I have anything to say about it, it will.

Guest Sargent Lanier
2. It's undecided I think a good way would be for it to be a building or fake world box vehicle that has remote terminals for the planes. so other players can ride on the ship and use the remote planes. I'm not quite sure if any of this is possible.

You could make it so the planes are like AI controlled and attack what ever your target retical is looking at.

Thank You, making the carrier a floating buliding is an excellent idea, I hope the rest of the development team considers this.

More questions:

Q: Will the flare concept for Superweapons from APB be implemented in AR?

Q: Will the Shock Trooper increase the range of the coil by powering it up?

Q: If Boris is included, Will he still laser designate buildings from long range and can the allies shoot down Boris's air support?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TSAR1

You could make it so the planes are like AI controlled and attack what ever your target retical is looking at.

The bigger ships will need crews of about 3.

Thank You, making the carrier a floating buliding is an excellent idea, I hope the rest of the development team considers this.

More questions:

Q: Will the flare concept for Superweapons from APB be implemented in AR?

Q: Will the Shock Trooper increase the range of the coil by powering it up?

Q: If Boris is included, Will he still laser designate buildings from long range and can the allies shoot down Boris's air support?

Thanks in advance.

1. Nope.

2. Yes.

3. We haven't thought about Boris much yet. So we're not sure how the designator will work.

Thanks once again, One Winged Angel. You are probably getting annoyed by my constant questions, no?

Ok next question:

Q: How exactly will the Chronosphere function? Will there be a node where a player can jump in and select a group of units and teleport them where he pleases?

Q: Regarding the Harrier, will have more armaments beside one missile?

Q: When dealing with the kirov, will the Allied mssiles be more beefed up in comparison to the Siege Chopper?

Q: Can you shoot Down V-3s and missiles from the Dreadnoughts?

Thanks again,

Edited by TSAR1

Thanks once again, One Winged Angel. You are probably getting annoyed by my constant questions, no?

Ok next question:

Q: How exactly will the Chronosphere function? Will there be a node where a player can jump in and select a group of units and teleport them where he pleases?

Q: Regarding the Harrier, will have more armaments beside one missile?

Q: When dealing with the kirov, will the Allied mssiles be more beefed up in comparison to the Siege Chopper?

Q: Can you shoot Down V-3s and missiles from the Dreadnoughts?

Thanks again,

I actually really like questions :p

1. We haven't really thought out the placement of the "out" point but the "in" point will most likely be the Chronosphere itself. So when it activates, you drive your tanks in.

2. The Harrier will just have a single type of missile. We haven't decided how many of them it'll have yet though.

3. The Kirov will still be a bastard to destroy, but it'll be fair. for example, a Kirov won't be able to solo an undefended base as easily as in RA2.

4. We're working on it.

Guest BaneOfSorrows

Will we get a "Do a Barrel Roll" macro?

If not, can we at the very least have a "Use the Boost to Get Through" macro? I ask these questions in all seriousness. Seriously. :D

Will we get a "Do a Barrel Roll" macro?

If not, can we at the very least have a "Use the Boost to Get Through" macro? I ask these questions in all seriousness. Seriously. :D

Still looking into that one.

We get to drive INSIDE the the Chronosphere? Thats Awesome!!!

I am pleased to know that you enjoy questions because I am going to be sending more questions.

Q: Will the Psychic Sensor be included in AR? If so, how will it function?

Q: If Ivan sneaks behind an Allied Soldier, can there a sequence where he grabs the soldier and slits his throat?

Q:Will all the factions for the soviets and allies be available all the time or will it depend on the map?

Q: Will there NPCs (Civilians,Cars, Animals?)

Q: Will there be a map where the Soviets and Allies have to defend themselves from dinosaurs?

Thanks once again.

Q:Will all the factions for the soviets and allies be available all the time or will it depend on the map?

It's up to the map maker to set which factions are available on each map. By default all factions are enabled on a map and one will be randomly picked for each side, however it is possible to disable certain factions on a map through the script settings for the game controller on each individual map.

For instance the North Korea faction might be disabled on a map which does not feature an Airforce Command Center because it would be a useless faction on that map.

As for the other questions... wait for OWA :p

Guest AdrwIvrsn

aww :D

I would have liked to see a new faction with it's own perks for the Soviets, oh well thanks anyway.

Well, just because those were the factions that were playable doesn't mean that they are the only members. For example, you could have maps that take place in North Korea (who are sided with the Soviet Union) or in Japan (sided with the Allies). But they are only maps and there are no new factions, North Korean or Japanese, introduced.

But this is only an idea from me; this isn't in AR. It really depends on what maps we decide to make.

For instance the North Korea faction might be disabled on a map which does not feature an Airforce Command Center because it would be a useless faction on that map.

FYI all country spec units/technology required the radar. Not just the american paradrop and the korean Black Eagles :p

No Radar - no country spec stuff.

Thanks anyway gentlemen,

In continuation of my previous unanswered questions

Q: Will ivan have friendly fire like in RA2?

I'd like to say yes, but then again, I don't want Ivan becoming the new demo truck.

Guest ganein14

I'd like to say yes, but then again, I don't want Ivan becoming the new demo truck.

You forget OWA, Ivan couldn't wire himself to explode, though he could wire other Ivans. :D

• 2 weeks later...