Anyone here like Star Trek?

If so i found this game which is being made:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/star-trek-excalibur

Not only is it going to be a fully immersive starship sim, it's also going to have 3rd/1st person modes where you can walk around the ship and perform various ship duties... including leading away teams and boarding parties of other ships...

As a big fan of Star Trek, this is exactly the game i've been looking for based on the series...

Funny it had to fall down to an non-profit development house to make something this good.

Intrepid_03.png

t6.png

06.jpg

04.jpg

I'll certainly be giving it a go when it releases. For now, though, Star Trek Online is good enough for me.

yep, Klingon for the win. gotta love dat Vo'quv carrier and Birds of Prey although i have a soft spot for my feds Mirror heavy Cruiser too :dance:

back on topic, this looks awesome and reminds me a bit of Star Trek Bridge Commander where you controlled your Galaxy/Sovereign from the bridge by giving out orders to the crew, although you never got out of the chair in that game.

back on topic, this looks awesome and reminds me a bit of Star Trek Bridge Commander where you controlled your Galaxy/Sovereign from the bridge by giving out orders to the crew, although you never got out of the chair in that game.

STBC manual fire mode FTW. Hope this will have something similar. Edited by Plokite_Wolf

STO was one of my first favorite MMOs and I enjoyed it for a while but then it actually became a lot more micro management that I could handle, more or less just like ACK pointed out in regards to crew management. All the grinding missions became repetitive, the amount of various resources and complexity started to be overwhelming, and fun factor decreased. For anything pretty or good you had to pay or trade your a** off and there were still limitations on everything which sometimes frustrated me for quite some time. TBH I haven't seen the game for years so maybe it got a bit better here and there but it's probably even more complex :p

That said I've started a little mini Star Trek series in RC where I intend to build some ST ships, maybe even Galaxy, Excalibur, or even some of the new ships.

Shnappz, did you ever play Star Trek Elite Force? That had a rather fun single player, the 2nd one wasn't as good however. But the game does let you walk around ships (it is a single player game keep in mind) but you can't control them.

Jared i love elite force...the first one was really awesome, and i was really into voyager when it came out.

I played the second one quite recently and actually thought it was really good!!

Love bridge commander too... i used to play that online!

yeah, i liked exploring voyager, the ship missions were awesome. considering it was like ID tech 3 i remember the graphics being quite good as well!

Love the eerie atmosphere of EF1 :)

Yeah, I thought the environment was set up quite well, if I went back and played it now I don't know if I'd see it the same, but at the time it was excellent. I also remembered getting a kick out of the multiplayer, you could force a lot of AI bots into the game (and that multiplayer was quite fast paced so it could get rather interesting).

Yes, both Armada games were RTS. Pretty solid ones. The first one was the second best-selling ST game (the first being 25th Anniversary). STA1 had entertaining singleplayer missions, while STA2 expanded on it in almost every aspect and is great for modding (proven by the famed Fleet Operations mod).

Haven't played the STA3 mod for SoaSE, and from the little I've seen from videos, it has little gameplay similarities with the official ones.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Oh bloody hell, I played the Elite Force 1 demo way back when I was a wee tyke and it scared the life out of me! In the mission you played you could shoot the 'borg' but they'd become immune to your weapons and would just keep coming at you! Used to have nightmares of that game :stare:

Oh bloody hell, I played the Elite Force 1 demo way back when I was a wee tyke and it scared the life out of me! In the mission you played you could shoot the 'borg' but they'd become immune to your weapons and would just keep coming at you! Used to have nightmares of that game :stare:

Lol it was quite a tense experience knowing that with every shot they could adapt... Pretty scary

Have you played the full thing? It's pretty nasty when they swarm you when Seven tries to hack a console.

I did notice that, apart from the I-Mod, they are unable to adapt to the vapourizing secondary attack of the phaser rifle (at least in patch 1.2).

Have you played the full thing? It's pretty nasty when they swarm you when Seven tries to hack a console.

I did notice that, apart from the I-Mod, they are unable to adapt to the vapourizing secondary attack of the phaser rifle (at least in patch 1.2).

Huh, I never noticed that and I doubt my game was patched (CD install and I don't usually hunt down patches unless the game doesn't work). Maybe they patched that in because people were having issues with the difficulty?