[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

How funny would it be if we're all just bickering and FRAYDO was the Kira?

2 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

ChopBam had a slip also about Kira instantly learning someone's name if invited to the doc conversation. It wasn't even a suggestion/theory but looked more of a straight up stated fact.

I did say "if Kira gets into the doc he'll have names," but it was more of a speculation. I assumed people getting into docs would trust each other enough to reveal their names to each other. Anybody joining that doc later would get those names. Sorry I wasn't more clear on this.

Voe, how do you know someone has a weapon?

Heh, technically speaking, isn't the Death Note a weapon?

Also to fill out the less serious post, I propose once people start dying (I assume it'll happen at least once) that the doc for the dead people to eat popcorn in be called the Dead Note ;)

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

For some reason I read it as the players with the most trust points at the end of a day could talk at night. That one is my bad and it sort of screws with my line of thinking. However, CK and Nodlied still monopolize the market unless we choose to pile the trust on a single player.

Didn't Chris just give pretty much everyone the ability to talk? As for piling trust on a single player, that wouldn't have been necessary if people didn't pile suspicion on him.

Also, tell me more about the Shimispaghetti's and the ownership of the debtnote. Who all owned the debtnote in the china cartoon, how dangerous are these characters, and what objectives did they have (excluding the M3 Light, as that guy isn't in the game)?

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Thanks, that was somewhat helpful, but by the Emperor was that place filled with weeaboo heresy, I had to resort to comissar mode to protect myself from that aweful sight. Also, I'd still like Jeod to give me the info on my question, as that is about the danger of the individual characters. (Although the fact that these shimishimishimis use these booklets as a way of sustaining their own life tells me that they are inherently evil.)

44 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Also, tell me more about the Shimispaghetti's and the ownership of the debtnote. Who all owned the debtnote in the china cartoon, how dangerous are these characters, and what objectives did they have (excluding the M3 Light, as that guy isn't in the game)?

Since Light isn't in the game, probably the most dangerous is Misa, since all she wanted to do was help Light (she believed he saved her life when a criminal was killed via Death Note). Then there's Higuchi, who was a board member of a business and used a Note to kill key players in competing businesses. His goal was to maintain a high status in society. Neylon and Soichiro Yagami are likely neutral or good. Neylon was a member of the American Mafia but was working with Mello (my counterpart) to find Kira. Soichiro is Light's father and only used the Death Note to see Mello's real name. He never actually wrote anything in the notebook.

Lastly, there's Mikami, who straight up idolizes Kira as "God" and does whatever Light tells him to do. Sort of like Misa, but with a more psychotic approach.

That's five people, and only three of those five actually wrote any names in the notebook.

I'll take a moment to add something possibly crucial: when an individual relinquishes ownership of a Death Note, they lose all memories of the notebook's existence as well as what they did with it. This is how Light eluded L. The point is that some players will likely have their goals changed if they come into possession of a notebook. Yet another reason to be wary of who we choose to trust each day.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm still partial to CK and Nodlied monopolizing the trust points especially after ChopBam gave useful information.

##propose suspicion Chaos Knight 13

Jeod proposed 13 Suspicion Points to Chaos_Knight!

2 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Not only that, they'd be the only ones being able to talk to each other. xD

You know what? Let the people talk! At least ones at 0/0

##propose trust Killing_You 2
##propose trust FRAYDO 2
##propose trust Mojoman 2
##propose trust Cat5 2
##propose trust Orange 2

Chaos_Knight proposed 2 Trust Points to Killing You!
Chaos_Knight proposed 2 Trust Points to FRAYDO!
Chaos_Knight proposed 2 Trust Points to Mojoman!
Chaos_Knight proposed 2 Trust Points to Category 5 Hurricane!
Chaos_Knight proposed 2 Trust Points to OrangeP47!

19 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Sure ##Propose Trust Chaos_Knigh 6

Nodlied proposed 6 Trust Points to Chaos_Knight!

V3nENhK.png

So, I've done some reading about this series, and I'm now quite alarmed about ChopBam and Chaos_Knight. This discussion about whether names would be revealed when invited to a doc didn't seem like much to me, given that I know nothing about the series. But now that I've seen that these Shinigami Eyes reveal names on sight, makes it indeed seem like entering a doc would reveal names to one who had these powers. With that in mind, I feel that one of ChopBam and Chaos_Knight are one of the people with said power. Either ChopBam who stated it, or Chaos_Knight who caught the "slip". I'm leaning towards Chaos_Knight because it's easier to know what a slip is when you are a mafia player who is trying to avoid one. Knowing what a "slip" might be makes it easy to trap someone who accidentally says something that might be suspicious if taken out of context.

Furthermore, given that Chaos_Knight thinks it is a slip that people can have their names revealed by being in docs with someone who has Shinigami Eyes, I'm not sure why Chaos would feel like it's a good idea to let everyone run around.

##vote Chaos_Knight

I may have more on ChopBam in a bit. I need to understand the material better before I proceed.

That's a very interesting point indeed. I suppose Nodlied is the one always asking for info about the series, but perhaps CK had just overlooked/forgotten this about the series. My stance has always been that if the Shinigami Eyes are in play then we don't even need to be in docs for Kira to know.

You definitely raise a good point, but I'm not sure it's quite as strong as you believe.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

That's a very interesting point indeed. I suppose Nodlied is the one always asking for info about the series, but perhaps CK had just overlooked/forgotten this about the series. My stance has always been that if the Shinigami Eyes are in play then we don't even need to be in docs for Kira to know.

You definitely raise a good point, but I'm not sure it's quite as strong as you believe.

You must be assuming that Shinigami Eyes means this becomes a normal mafia game where Kira can just choose a player to identify during the day and make a kill during the night, correct?

8 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So, I've done some reading about this series, and I'm now quite alarmed about ChopBam and Chaos_Knight. This discussion about whether names would be revealed when invited to a doc didn't seem like much to me, given that I know nothing about the series. But now that I've seen that these Shinigami Eyes reveal names on sight, makes it indeed seem like entering a doc would reveal names to one who had these powers. With that in mind, I feel that one of ChopBam and Chaos_Knight are one of the people with said power. Either ChopBam who stated it, or Chaos_Knight who caught the "slip". I'm leaning towards Chaos_Knight because it's easier to know what a slip is when you are a mafia player who is trying to avoid one. Knowing what a "slip" might be makes it easy to trap someone who accidentally says something that might be suspicious if taken out of context.

Furthermore, given that Chaos_Knight thinks it is a slip that people can have their names revealed by being in docs with someone who has Shinigami Eyes, I'm not sure why Chaos would feel like it's a good idea to let everyone run around.

##vote Chaos_Knight

Shinigami eyes AFAIK aren't given by default, they cost half of one's lifespan. And they work well. Way too well, since you only need to see person's upper half of the face to know their name. According to the lore at least. My best bet is that Kira either need an investigation on the target or something equally as "mod-confirming" to kill.

Also by your logic, me looking into people's posts, looking for slips and trying to get stuff going is "scummy". Okay then. I guess I should return the favor.

##vote Cat5

I'll admit, it's not a complete theory, but it's why I'm so hesitant. I'll present two possibilities.

1) Kira knows who we are, but for some reason didn't N1 because it'd have somehow been suspicious, or he needs people not allied with him to do certain things, and he'll only kill once they've outlived their usefulness. I'll admit, I have nothing to support this idea, but I fail to see how meeting 1 on 1 (or small groups) is sufficiently distinct from our big group meeting of everyone right now.

Or

2) Because the meta has changed, Kira doesn't know who his supporters actually are, kind of like large games of Secret Hitler. He couldn't just randomly kill because he might hit someone with a compatible goal, and he needs to figure their goal out first.

These also have one big factor at play too and also all my other thinking:  The real Kira is stated to be an NPC right now, so we're dealing with a proxy, like Misa or someone (I'm going to just say Misa for ease of coversation). It's possible Kira knows all, but Misa is the active killer, and they can't actively talk right now, so there's a disconnect of information on the scum side. Or Misa could see everyone's name with Shinigami eyes, but doesn't have accurate 'orders' on who she needs to kill, etc. This type of setup with so many differeny motives is great for several different mafias or having third parties or what not. In summary, and I'll bold this as it's the important part and I'm really kind of rambling: I don't think the scum side are in full communication with each other. Again, though, my rationale for believing this is thinking that someone *does* know our identities, is responsible for Voe's odd behavior, but has not laid into the town full bore yet for some strange reason. The bold is what my guess at the 'some strange reason' is.

Hell, maybe there are two scum players who both get orders from Kira, know there's another out there who is on Kira's side, but don't know specifically who that is. Kira might know all with the eyes and relay info, but hasn't relayed who the full team is.

The rules specifically outline that: in order to use the Death Note, the victim's identity (player's character name) has to be revealed to the killer first (either by public investigation, other night action, or some other means). Just by mentioning some character's name in game however will not cut it, the killer needs to know the real identity of the specific player first.

The mafia team clearly does not know any names right now unless they used actions during the night to do so. I'm certain that one of those actions would be being in a doc with another player with Shinigami Eyes active.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'd love to discuss more about this stuff, but it's hammer time and thanks to CK's vote, it looks like Cat5 is getting investigated today.

Didn't the CVC say there was another hour left?

5 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

The rules specifically outline that: in order to use the Death Note, the victim's identity (player's character name) has to be revealed to the killer first (either by public investigation, other night action, or some other means). Just by mentioning some character's name in game however will not cut it, the killer needs to know the real identity of the specific player first.

The mafia team clearly does not know any names right now unless they used actions during the night to do so. I'm certain that one of those actions would be being in a doc with another player with Shinigami Eyes active.

My argument is that someone on scum knows, but whoever has the Death Note does not. Unless we decided Voe's claim he was being influenced was just him being weird?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't believe Voe's claim at all. Frankly, I think he's trolling.

I'm pretty damn sure he is, and most of you fell for it.

Well aside from making me feel like Kira can choose one of us to die at any moment, it didn't overly affect my thinking, aside from the argument about Shinigami Eyes and the utility of them in docs vs the general day game, which I wouldn't feel is settled either way.