[DAY 9 - Game End] Death Note themed Detective Mafia Forum Game

VERTi60

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

That is remaining to be seen. To from get X amount of kills to protecting Kira to whatever Vert made up? Idk. There are many possibilities really. So far keeping Note and Kira in play seems like the most visible one with all the baiting to get someone to counterclaim.

And? Shinigami can't be killed and can only be seen by those who have come into contact with a Death Note. There's still no reason for you to tunnel me so much unless I am Near and you are a Kira or a Shinigami.

Apologies on going MIA here. My girlfriend has since taken the night shift at work and with the computer in our bedroom I respectfully had to be off while she rests during the daytime.

I have difficulty in forming cases and reading over each post on the phone, so I currently cannot contribute as much as I would like. Where I find windows of opportunity, I will post my thoughts in hopes of moving the case forward.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

And? Shinigami can't be killed and can only be seen by those who have come into contact with a Death Note. There's still no reason for you to tunnel me so much unless I am Near and you are a Kira or a Shinigami.

Basically. "There's no point for Shinigami to exist in the game so you shouldn't tunnel me unless you are a Shinigami"

Em

Wat

38 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'll consider my hunch validated. I suspect your alliance and you go all out on me :v

The fact that Chris and I tend to work well together and generally have good trust in each other bothers you? õ_o 

34 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You sound upset. :v

And this post makes you sound like Voe when he feels he's invincible and can get away with anything. We call that overconfident. That behaviour doesn't do you any good.

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

So you think I'm a Shinigami then? If so, what's the point of my role? Care to tell me? Shinigami are inherently neutral. Ryuk never cared who won between Light and L, and all Rem wanted to do was protect Misa. All Sidoh wanted to do was get his first notebook back. So tell me, even if I am a Shinigami as you claim, what's the point of tunneling me?

Alright, story time with uncle Mike. Back in 2011, during the first Death Space mafia, there was a scum team that consisted out of me and Voe. Voe was the actual bad guy that wanted to create Necromorphs to kill everyone. I was a guy who merely wanted to escape with the Marker. I didn't need to kill anyone nor did my character want to kill anyone. Voe and I had two completely different objectives. Yet both of our characters were scum. Moral of the story is that you do not need to have an inherently evil objective in order to be scum.

Just now, Mojoman said:

"Keep voting Jeod until it eventually works" is a poor strategy. I'd rather get information from someone useful.

##Vote_Nodlied

I suggested it as a possibility, as it was an actual thing in one of the earlier games never did I follow up on this proposal for the specific reason you just posted.

Just now, Jeod said:

I was in that game. I know all about it. Anyway, the fact that you two want to vote me constantly is scummy considering I can't be investigated at the moment.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Read the post above yours. If that doesn't explain enough, then I don't know what else you want to know.

I explained my role enough to answer the questions asked about the Day 1 results, and explained that a Shinigami would probably have the same ability, and yet you still want to vote me. Together with your 'alliance' (which I've never witnessed in the past 4 mafia games here), I have reason to believe you two need to be revealed.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I explained my role enough to answer the questions asked about the Day 1 results, and explained that a Shinigami would probably have the same ability, and yet you still want to vote me. Together with your 'alliance' (which I've never witnessed in the past 4 mafia games here), I have reason to believe you two need to be revealed.

Where the living shit do I say that I want to keep voting you? As for the alliance thing that you ''haven't seen during the past 4 mafia games'', you might realise that non of those games are Verti RPG games and that the only game where massoning up (town only) was possible, was the Staplerfahrer game where I was murdered on N1. We haven't had a game with independent objectives where massoning up between all people is possible in years.

You're trying far to hard.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I was in that game. I know all about it. Anyway, the fact that you two want to vote me constantly is scummy considering I can't be investigated at the moment.

More lies don't make you any favors. If I wanted to vote you I would've voted you. But it's pointless, we both know it.
The only vote on you atm is Voe's.

My point is. Since you are a Shinigami, whatever you say or do should be taken with a grain of salt. A truck-sized grain of salt. That is all. This, however, might be helpful in finding Kira.

Indeed, they aren't actually voting for you, though. Yeah, they were kind of tunneling there, being overzealous when there was no endgame for that line of reasoning, but now it seems the overzealousness has swung the other way. There are indeed reasons to be suspicious of CK and Nodlied for the tunnel, but they've not put their votes on the line yet.

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Indeed, they aren't actually voting for you, though. Yeah, they were kind of tunneling there, being overzealous when there was no endgame for that line of reasoning, but now it seems the overzealousness has swung the other way. There are indeed reasons to be suspicious of CK and Nodlied for the tunnel, but they've not put their votes on the line yet.

They don't need to yet. Voe has done the work for them.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

A fair point, I suppose, that you're currently on the hot seat.

For what it's worth, while I don't want to commit to anything at this time (and hopefully get this sorted out, but not holding my breath), if it comes down to it tomorrow I'll take action to prevent a "wasted" vote from happening again (if I can). I do not do this absolving anyone of suspicion, and I really don't want to cast suspicion on anyone either until more information is gained.

9 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You are still implying that I want people to vote on you. Hell, I've even stated that voting on somebody else would be the correct course of action, yet you seem dead set on playing the ''Nodlied + Chaos_Knight want to keep voting me!'' card while this is simply not the case.

I'm not convinced he's clean. It's too early to say. But I don't get the bad guy vibes from him, and most of the times, these seem to be correct in RPG games (Also keep in mind his proven ability to pick up on potential holes in people's posts, as proven by the KY posts).

As for your final question: I've played many games with him before and I see the potential to get a strong team game going. He's been the strongest masson ally I've had during all RPG games, including the ones where we didn't share the same team. And before you ask, yes, I am cautious when it comes to these things, as both of us know that either of us can use the old relationship to one or the other's advantage. The entire giving one another trust thing is based on this relationship.

So is he part of the good guys? Part of scum? Part of whatever faction there may be out there? Only time will tell.

Keep in mind that even Kira can acquire and use L's equipment. It's reasonable to assume Chaos Knight chose to probe me because I couldn't be investigated, but it's also reasonable to assume that he chose to probe me because I would be either a backup role he would need to know about asap, or a Shinigami which he would obviously want to know about as Kira.

Essentially, my point is to be careful who you give trust to--and don't give it blindly.

I want to know why we're actively pushing others over ChopBam in trust. What's the goal there? But at the same time, why isn't ChopBam bothered by this as he's the one who proposed the idea in the first place?

Also, I've noted Jeod effectively surrendering the argument and also trying to get someone else higher in suspicion. He clearly doesn't like the position he's in right now.

I want to say quite a few other things but these are the major points right now. I'll be back around two hours before when I think hammer is. Hopefully I have it right this time.

ChopBam doesn't need to have the most trust, he just needs more trust than suspicion to be able to contact people. Granted, we *could* give him the most trust to get whatever special night power is on D2 (not necessarily the same as on D1), but that's an entirely separate issue.

There is apparently a lot I don't understand about this game, because even though I'm taking his word that he needs it, I have no idea how it's used or what it does. And I have more points to give out than anybody else, for reasons I don't understand. The amount more I have than everybody else has evidently increased from 15 to 25! I guess that could make me slightly more important than others if I ever figure out what to do with it.

Proposal - can be turned 1 to 1 into suspicion or trust and put on someone.

Suspicion - used to break ties on votes

Trust - if you have more of it than suspicion you can basically initiate masons as will. Helps regen proposal.

There are also powers out there that require one or the other of the three things, but we don't know anything about that really, other than what our own roles have given us.

Okay, so I can meet with this person even if I don't know which of you they are. As long as they have enough trust (over suspicion?), there is a conmand I can use to meet with them. If you have activated any beacons or whatever, make sure you have trust by tonight.

9 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Also, I've noted Jeod effectively surrendering the argument and also trying to get someone else higher in suspicion. He clearly doesn't like the position he's in right now.

What do you mean surrendering? I've said who I am and for those who refuse to believe it, I've entertained them by showing there's no endgame to their line of thought.