Login failed

AntiVirGear
Go to solution Solved by danpaul88,

I'm assuming that you meant that you are not able to login to the launcher. If thats the case then yes, its broken for all of us. The forum upgrade broke a few things and we're still in the process of working it out. But you can still choose a nickname on the launcher and play the games from it as it is. Hopefully we'll have it all fixed up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Danpaul is working on updating the launcher, but its not workable as of yet. There were some major changes with how that stuff works going from the old forum version to the new one, so he's having to re-design some things to get it working. We'll let you know as soon as its working, and it will likely make "the news" when it does.

You should be able to see the two public servers though, that feature has never been dependent upon logging in. Its possible for it to falsely read a zero player count, but click join anyway to find out!

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Danpaul is working on updating the launcher, but its not workable as of yet. There were some major changes with how that stuff works going from the old forum version to the new one, so he's having to re-design some things to get it working. We'll let you know as soon as its working, and it will likely make "the news" when it does.

You should be able to see the two public servers though, that feature has never been dependent upon logging in. Its possible for it to falsely read a zero player count, but click join anyway to find out!

The server listing has been broken for a while, and even before the forum upgrade it took quite a while before the servers were displayed. No doubt this is a notable factor in the limited player retention, and I was sure you guys were aware of it...

Edited by Raap

Yeah, I cannot get the servers to display anything at all unless I re-download the client and let it update itself but the problem with that is, it'll revert back to not showing any servers once I close the program, I'm not sure if anyone else has that problem too or whether it's been noted.

edit: Okay that's weird, the above post just magically appeared when I posted this message...

Edited by JigglyJie

The posts in this thread are not in chronological order, please be aware of this. It appears to be a feature we gained in the upgrade :p I'm hoping we can disable that, its somewhat confusing if you aren't expecting it.

So what you're telling me is that you don't have join buttons? At all?

There isn't any join buttons at all, whenever I click the Server Browser tab, none show up at all. The only way I can fix this, temporarily, as I said above, is to reinstall the launcher but once I close it, it'll happen again once I open it up again.

I wonder if anyone else has a similar problem or not, because if I am, then I guess I might have to do a full removal and install of it.

edit: Okay now I think I'm going crazy, as I was typing this, I left the launcher open for about 5 minutes and now SUDDENLY, they appear. ARghjskdhfdjhsjahdfg

Edited by JigglyJie
derp

So you don't get this?

test.thumb.PNG.15db65b97587979593c2a8370b5bf001.PNG

If you have this screen, then you can hit the join button and it will totally work. There is nothing on the backend that can break that can cause this screen not to function, unless the game servers are actually down.

Help me out guys, screenshots, something. If you don't have that screen, then thats a new one.

Well, as a matter of fact I now have same screen you have. Before I checked again, I had an entirely blank screen. If it helps any, I have been using Steam to open the launcher. Perhaps the Steam Overlay affects the launcher somehow?

1 minute ago, moonsense715 said:

As far as I know, there is a big-caching time interval that happens throughout the entire application. 5 or 10 minutes, somewhere there. If you keep the launcher open for that long, you should get the server list showing.

Never had it happen before the forum update.

Exactly what Jeod was saying, leaving the launcher open for several minutes does cause them to show up but I have to ask... why? Can it not be restored to how it was? After a few seconds it appeared? Ideally it should, otherwise this'll turn off new players from trying again, thinking it doesn't work. Or is there some technical issue with this?

42 minutes ago, JigglyJie said:

Exactly what Jeod was saying, leaving the launcher open for several minutes does cause them to show up but I have to ask... why? Can it not be restored to how it was? After a few seconds it appeared? Ideally it should, otherwise this'll turn off new players from trying again, thinking it doesn't work. Or is there some technical issue with this?

Do you use an external app like Steam or Origin to launch the Launcher, like I do?

It happens *sometimes* for me. Sometimes there's no list, but it pops up after a few minutes, sometimes it's there instantly but 0 players. Sometimes APB is there, but not Reborn, or sometimes the opposite. I always check the server stats page though to see if people are online, rather than the launcher.

Edited by OrangeP47

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Do you use an external app like Steam or Origin to launch the Launcher, like I do?

Nope, all I have open is Skype and Steam but I haven't added it to it. Launching with them closed produces the same result. I did think it could be my Kaspersky but then I realised it can't be because if you're getting the same problem then it's unlikely to be related, and even then Kaspersky never conflicted with it before. Mind you, this only started happening right around when the forum got an upgrade, so I guess it's related...?

And yeah, I too tend to get the exact same problem as @OrangeP47 has as well, although that's more uncommon. I'm tempted to do a full reinstall at this rate but I'd rather not if it's just a simple case at work instead.

• 1 month later...

Correction to my above post (I was slightly misinformed): We have made progress on it, and it is working for most users currently. But if you are a new user who joined after somewhere around the last week of January of this year, you may not be able to login. The login function is primarily for staff and testers though, so you really don't gain much by logging in as a normal user. But we are working to get the issue corrected, and we will make it known when it is done.

Also, welcome to W3D-Hub! :D

• 4 weeks later...

@Einstein Hey, I'm unable to login to the launcher. It was working fine until the recent launcher update. Now when I try to login I'm told that "Your username or password are incorrect." I just re-logged on this website and the same username and passwords works fine.

7MZclLd.png

Edited by NodGuy

• 1 month later...

The issue in that case was a little different, but let me reiterate that logging into the launcher is of no benefit to non-staff/testers at this point. It literally does nothing if you dont work here. It will in the future, by which point we will have the login truly fixed, but not at this time.