[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

9 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

So the thief was either a one time action or it didn't happen, otherwise I would suspect the thief would go after Jeod. Has anyone lost anything tonight?

How would you be so certain that they'd target Jeod? Again, that typewriter isn't that powerful of an item, and while the grenade would be tempting, I believe someone claimed to have a gun, which would be much more useful.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

That's where I'm leaning, yes, given that I much more suspect FRAYDO over Chaos_Knight.

On that note, since Jeod using the grenade raised him from Innocent to Suspicious, how much would you bet that a nightkill would raise someone's status to Hostile?

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

@Nodliedis it possible to nominate and investigate one person at the same time?

Yes. However, a suspicious or hostile investigation result will prevent the nominated player from accessing the vault. Same with lynched players for obvious reasons.

EDIT: In which case the person with the second most votes will gain access.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

How would you be so certain that they'd target Jeod? Again, that typewriter isn't that powerful of an item, and while the grenade would be tempting, I believe someone claimed to have a gun, which would be much more useful.

True but Jeod reported the grenade had infinite tries. We are not sure how the gun works. But you have a point anyway.

On that note, since Jeod using the grenade raised him from Innocent to Suspicious, how much would you bet that a nightkill would raise someone's status to Hostile?

What else other than murder would raise someone's status? Maybe the thief action too.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Yes. However, a suspicious or hostile investigation result will prevent the nominated player from accessing the vault. Same with lynched players for obvious reasons.

Ok so if @Category 5 Hurricane is still innocent then we could proceed to investigate him and nominate him, unless we agree on something else.

So first death, that's concerning.

I believe we should all do the nationality claim that was discussed, and perhaps SAS (Search All Serbs), but I'll have more to say after I'm done eating dinner. At this juncture we can go for more evidence or try and find the thief and/or killer. It would be nice if those objectives aligned closely.

!vote no on investigating Cat5. We have an active thief and an active murderer (who may possibly be the same person) on the field, so we can no longer follow the "investigate-down-the-list" protocol. We gotta go with the best scumreads that we have, which for me are FRAYDO and Verti60. And in accordance with my plan from yesterday...

##investigate Verti60

I'm open to other ideas, by the way.

MAFIA EDIT:

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

So first death, that's concerning.

I believe we should all do the nationality claim that was discussed, and perhaps SAS (Search All Serbs), but I'll have more to say after I'm done eating dinner. At this juncture we can go for more evidence or try and find the thief and/or killer. It would be nice if those objectives aligned closely.

I'd be more interested in finding the thief and/or killer, to be honest. But I agree that getting our nationalities out in the open would be productive, or at the very least show who's willing to be transparent.

I'm Bosnian, by the way.

8 minutes ago, Killing You said:

!vote no on investigating Cat5. We have an active thief and an active murderer (who may possibly be the same person) on the field, so we can no longer follow the "investigate-down-the-list" protocol. We gotta go with the best scumreads that we have, which for me are FRAYDO and Verti60. And in accordance with my plan from yesterday...

##investigate Verti60

I'm open to other ideas, by the way.

Investigating me on innocent status may not yield any evidence though, and if so it would be fake (considering what Cat5 reported).

4 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

Well, looks like we have the first kill. And we can't lynch yet... How wonderful >_>

Hopefully, doing kills at very least would mark the person as damn hostile outright, else stuff might get complicated to handle.

Who do you think was the killer?

Also everyone else should speak up so that we have some food for discussion.

I'd suspect either Fraydo or Orange atm (I mentioned it yesterday that these two would be suspects aside from CK but it looks CK could be cleared tonight by the nominated player)

2 minutes ago, Killing You said:

So you're saying there's a correlation between evidence validity and the status of the holder?

Well Jeod didn't release any evidence (he was innocent), while to suspicious guys Fraydo and CK did produce evidence. But according to Cat5 one could be fake hence we can be sure it's also the alignment that is involved.

While I'm town and innocent I don't think I could produce a valid evidence. It's just to clear me (and probably sentence me to death for the night kill, similar to Jeod).

One thing I've noticed... if some of us don't have evidence (as some independently claim, and as Cat 5 said about Mojo and I), baring the fact for the moment that some of us could have evidence we don't know about, because it's been confirmed via Jeod that no evidence actually is possible, but the percentages of evidence go up by 10%, then some of us either A) have to have more than one piece of evidence, or B) More evidence is unlocked as the game progresses, maybe via World Tension.

So you're saying there's a correlation between evidence validity and the status of the holder?

Might be.
We don't know it for sure. Ah, the joy of "figure it out yourself" game mechanics.

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

Who do you think was the killer?

Also everyone else should speak up so that we have some food for discussion.

I'd suspect either Fraydo or Orange atm (I mentioned it yesterday that these two would be suspects aside from CK but it looks CK could be cleared tonight by the nominated player)

Realistically speaking, I can suspect (in declining order):
FRAYDO - Mr. Unknown. Where is he anyway?
You - You countinue to act as if you seriously have something to hide. I can't shake off this feeling.
KY - Again, sort of a dark horse. He had a grenade at the start after all. On the other hand, he's somewhat helpful.
Orange - We don't know much about him really. He's kinda helpful but also secretive.
Retal - "Sleeper" role eh?
Mojo - He has a gun for one. Another "sleeper" role if I am not mistaken?
Irish - Trying to steal my sympathy with charts again. Ehh.
Cat5 - As funny as it is, all we know for a fact is that he had a spy glass. Though he's fairly contributing.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:57 AM, Nodlied said:

Innocent players will be freed immediately but will leave behind any evidence they might unknowingly carry. Suspicious players will spend one night being blocked from any actions and will have all of their items and evidence confiscated. Hostile players will spend the rest of his days in prison, being blocked from any actions, losing all items and evidence. Essentially, the players is eliminated.

According to OP anyone can have evidence but we know the evidence is fake unless the person is either guilty of something or his alignment is anti town.

3 minutes ago, Chaos_Knight said:

FRAYDO - Mr. Unknown. Where is he anyway?
You - You countinue to act as if you seriously have something to hide. I can't shake off this feeling.
KY - Again, sort of a dark horse. He had a grenade at the start after all. On the other hand, he's somewhat helpful.
Orange - We don't know much about him really. He's kinda helpful but also secretive.
Retal - "Sleeper" role eh?
Mojo - He has a gun for one. Another "sleeper" role if I am not mistaken?
Irish - Trying to steal my sympathy with charts again. Ehh.
Cat5 - As funny as it is, all we know for a fact is that he had a spy glass. Though he's fairly contributing.

Maybe it's just your style, and I don't know you very well, but I feel as if you understate certain facts, or maybe it was done for the sake of brevity.  FRAYDO being suspicious, for one, but on the other hand it's hard to say anything solid about him.  Sleeper roles would probably be more concerning if it weren't for the fact that we have multiple claims on that.