[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Basically the case I mentioned earlier, where OrangeP47 has some connections to FRAYDO and Chaos_Knight, both of whom I think are scum. Makes him a more interesting investigation target than VERTi60, in my eyes. VERTi60's case is all about him being shifty and potentially deliberately "forgetting" information.

All that said, I've been thinking about it all day and I've got reasons to investigate FRAYDO again, reasons to investigate OrangeP47, and reasons to investigate VERTi60. I think that they all might have some merit. It's just that at the moment, I think we'll learn more from an OrangeP47 investigation than a VERTi60 one. If we don't learn much, then VERTi60 is probably the next logical target.

It goes back in part to the argument that Chaos and VERTi60 were bickering at each other when they were both the highest chance of being investigated, which makes me think one is scum, the other is not. And at the moment, I think Chaos is scum. That leads me to think VERTi60 is not, by default.

I wouldn't be so sure, honestly.  It's entirely possible that they're both scum arguing to provoke that reaction from you, or that they're both town and are playing pretty poorly. I do see your line of thinking, and to be honest I've got a stronger scumread on Verti. He did start that debacle, after all, and he's claiming to have no problem with being investigated when he clearly does. If I went on, though, I'd be repeating myself.

21 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Indeed, where HAS Mojo been to.

I mean, don't get me wrong, what I've said still stands, but it seems as if people aren't even interested in it, so I'm like, 'why bother?' :p

All you've really said is you have a role that's important and investigating you would hurt town and be a waste of time. That's not really all that groundbreaking. I don't think you've even claimed innocent or suspicious.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

There is something that bothers me about Mojo as well, because he apparently didn't do as we discussed during our connection last night.

Poor Mojo has a hard time following orders :v. I also didn't really intend to for that to be anything more than a flippant remark.

11 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

He's also made it sound like he thinks he would be killed if revealed. Saying as much when town would get you killed anyway. That statement only works from a scum point of view. Pretty sure he used that exact tactic during the Death Note game.

That's an interesting point. Investigation only reveals Innocent/Suspicious/Hostile, items, and evidence. It doesn't tell you anything about what they or the item can do. We already know there's a grenade and gun in play. What could possibly jump his priority to number 1 for scum kills with just a description?

8 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

All you've really said is you have a role that's important and investigating you would hurt town and be a waste of time. That's not really all that groundbreaking. I don't think you've even claimed innocent or suspicious.

I've claimed suspicious. I didn't really make a big deal of it though. I suppose I could have been more clear, but when there was a large number of us saying the same thing I didn't feel like beating a dead horse, basically.

But yeah, I'm pretty inexperienced as town, so perhaps I did not handle the pressure very well. To be fair I've pointed out the flaw myself already, which is just a side effect of being exasperated. I'm like locked into one path and there's nothing I can do about it.  Another trip to the wiki to learn how to play better is probably in order. I guess I'm just like, I've laid out my case, the points are good, but the response, up until recently seemed to be just more of 'no you'.  There are good reasons to investigate me. There are good reasons to investigate Verti, and FRAYDO again, etc.  The decision on who to investigate is a trade off between the pros and cons. I just think that evidence point is so strong and I've been cleared on that front it should get more attention.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

That's an interesting point. Investigation only reveals Innocent/Suspicious/Hostile, items, and evidence. It doesn't tell you anything about what they or the item can do. We already know there's a grenade and gun in play. What could possibly jump his priority to number 1 for scum kills with just a description?

Wait... it doesn't say what your item does.... doesn't it....  I totally thought it did but it's just been we've all been so forthcoming this game (thanks Jeod) that we've been told what the items do independently...

I feel like an idiot now and that I've played terribly.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I'm playing badly because I've already made myself a target for scum, when I was actually going to be fine if I'd just not have flipped out.

In my experience, the opposite is true. Generally, the worse you play, the less likely you are to be targeted by scum because they see you as a potential red herring for town to chase while scum do as they please. It's the good players (like Jeod and Cat5 this game) that get the targets painted on their backs by scum. Now, sometimes power roles can also be heavy targets, but those are usually doctors and cops. Even then, if the player is a bad enough townie, scum may decide to use the aforementioned tactic anyway.

Congrats Collective Soul...I've never heard any music and felt the base so clearly from 2 miles away and with a river and creek separating us. >.> (just a general complaint)

Well Orange, I feel like the main problem is that you've been too indecisive, always taking the "wait and see" approach. Which seems scummy. When added atop being one of the suspects of being the thief, leaving the other ones to be CK (who can potentially prove he's not), KY (who already gave up his grenade), and Vert (who claims backup with solid reasoning for the claim), it makes you the most suspicious.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

Congrats Collective Soul...I've never heard any music and felt the base so clearly from 2 miles away and with a river and creek separating us. >.> (just a general complaint)

Well Orange, I feel like the main problem is that you've been too indecisive, always taking the "wait and see" approach. Which seems scummy. When added atop being one of the suspects of being the thief, leaving the other ones to be CK (who can potentially prove he's not), KY (who already gave up his grenade), and Vert (who claims backup with solid reasoning for the claim), it makes you the most suspicious.

That's just how I am. A vote is a weighty tool, and deserves to be treated as such.  Plus, it's what I took away from the Death Note game on how to be town, because of what Cat 5 said then. (Yes, I was scum that game, but it was my first game, so I still learned a lot). If your alibi can't be confirmed, it's useless. Therefore, I didn't talk about it. That's what I gathered from that game. Right now my alibi can't be confirmed, so it's useless.  Investigating me will confirm it, but it'll hamper town minorly in the process. (Downgraded from what I thought was going to happen).

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

You ninja'd me.

Basically as soon as I'm investigated I lose my usefulness, aside from vote power. I can't really talk about it without also drawing a big target on me.  If we get more evidence and possibly nail a scum, that's good though. If we need to clear me for voting purposes and logic and some time, that's fine I guess, we're just kind of shooting ourselves in the foot.

This is what you said earlier. Now, after you realize that the items found do not have their uses revealed, now you say that you'd have been just fine if you didn't flip out. It will only hurt town minorly now, instead of it being a death warrant.

I need whiplash treatment.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is what you said earlier. Now, after you realize that the items found do not have their uses revealed, now you say that you'd have been just fine if you didn't flip out. It will only hurt town minorly now, instead of it being a death warrant.

I need whiplash treatment.

I seriously forgot how items were working in this game. That's one of my big derps, though not my only derp.

It would only hurt minorly town now because I'm suspicious and the item would go to the vault, but that means we don't get to use it tonight.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Are you saying you do have an alibi? An alibi isn't useless if it can't be confirmed initially. Who knows, there might be someone who can either corroborate your story or prove it to be false at a later time.

Plus, it doesn't necessarily need to be confirmed. It just needs to match up with reality. Even then it may not be believed, but it's far better than not offering one at all.

I doubt it'll help your case at this point, though.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Plus, it doesn't necessarily need to be confirmed. It just needs to match up with reality. Even then it may not be believed, but it's far better than not offering one at all.

I doubt it'll help your case at this point, though.

So just to be sure, you all are saying this is the time to roleclaim?

With all this hemming and hawing, there has to be only one thing that scum would think OrangeP47 can do. Despite the fact that he's pretty much narrowed down all possibilites pretty well with his claims of doom and gloom, he's resisting actually claiming anything, as if he still has something he needs to hide from someone.

I think the only reason why you shouldn't claim, is if your role is actually much weaker than you've been making it sound.