[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Chopbam certainly didn't.

I felt like chop was trying to get himself lynched.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Not when you're someone who gets stressed out easily like I do. lol Besides, KY literally posted himself as town on his chart when we have no way to verify that. And Cat 5 says he's not suspicious at all even though he is because afaik we don't know what he's been doing this whole time. He just says he didn't do anything important or doesn't want to say what he did.

I might just be tuning out people's reasoning on why they're town. I believe cat5 had already claimed a role.

Just now, Sunflower said:

Besides, KY literally posted himself as town on his chart when we have no way to verify that.

I'm not the first one to do such a thing, and I won't be the last. It's to the point where claiming yourself town on such a chart is something I'd consider innocuous.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

He said he was a watcher, and that he could only use it once "unless he got an item to replenish it", but that was the extent of it, no?

I didn't remember the one time use bit. I was hoping to get cat5 to claim something himself however...

10 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I didn't remember the one time use bit. I was hoping to get cat5 to claim something himself however...

Considering that Category 5 seems to be trying to trick players even when he's town, how does he actaully act when he is scum?

It's been so long since I had a proper scum role, I don't even know if I could tell you. The last two "scum" games I remember were the Debt Note game where I played as town anyway and actually did get town to trust me even though they knew I was scum because I was actively helping them reach their objective for as long as I could (rather than threatening them all the time, take note Shade), and the Killer Mine Layer game where I was converted to Third Party after the scum team was eliminated, and all I had to do was abuse the ghost distractions that VERTi60 added to the game until I won.

I feel like I do pretty bad as scum, I remember that. I feel like the one thing I probably can't do when scum that I would do as town, is get into a heated debate with someone. When I know the facts aren't with me, it's pretty hard to go on the attack.

7 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It's been so long since I had a proper scum role, I don't even know if I could tell you. The last two "scum" games I remember were the Debt Note game where I played as town anyway and actually did get town to trust me even though they knew I was scum because I was actively helping them reach their objective for as long as I could (rather than threatening them all the time, take note Shade), and the Killer Mine Layer game where I was converted to Third Party after the scum team was eliminated, and all I had to do was abuse the ghost distractions that VERTi60 added to the game until I won.

I feel like I do pretty bad as scum, I remember that. I feel like the one thing I probably can't do when scum that I would do as town, is get into a heated debate with someone. When I know the facts aren't with me, it's pretty hard to go on the attack.

To be fair, odds are Town are going to lose the game if they waste their time killing me today, and I prefer to be killed off for a decent reason like Jeod deciding to target me because he was scum last game.

It's a bit of an exaggeration to say that I suspect him a lot, but he is the leading suspect because he has claimed to be a daytime roleblocker.

I greatly suspect that one of the roleblockers, maybe two, are Mafia. I'm leaning towards the daytime roleblocker because there are so many daytime roles that Mafia would want to stop. ChopBam's, Sunflower's, Shade's, and my own daytime action comes to mind.

So that puts OrangeP47 and Killing_You as suspects. I lowered Killing_You down my list because of him corroborating your story, so OrangeP47 is left alone on top. I feel like that only one of the daytime blockers will be mafia, so if one of them is, the other probably isn't. Then it's either Sunflower or Nodlied. 

Just now, Shade939 said:

Funnily enough, that was only a one shot ability, my character is actually very weak except for his abomination.

Although, to be fair it turns out I can gather items from dead players also.

Just now, Retaliation said:

For those of you who have played previous CYOR, is an origin role something you would expect to potentially be both town and scum?

Honestly, it's also a matter of game balance so some roles that are toeing the line could easily get pushed to one side or another to balance things out.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Not certain I completely understand the question, but I don't see a reason why an origin character couldn't be Scum or Town depending on what their items did.

Neither do I, but I haven't played one of Jeod's games before. It could help explain the lack of daykill on N1 though.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Not certain I completely understand the question, but I don't see a reason why an origin character couldn't be Scum or Town depending on what their items did.

Well, there aren't many instances where a scum team could use an item generator. If they make good items, they would just toss them between themselves, so why not just include it as part of the role?

On the other hand, if they tossed around bad items that made us leery of using the items handed to us, during a game that might have a lot of them, I can see that being useful, especially if passing items can't be tracked or watched.

Neither do I, but I haven't played one of Jeod's games before. It could help explain the lack of daykill on N1 though.

You'd still have to come up with a reason why their teammate didn't perform the NK instead.

Just now, Shade939 said:

You'd still have to come up with a reason why their teammate didn't perform the NK instead.

At this point, assuming you aren't scum yourself and that Retaliation isn't scum either, I think the only conclusion we can reasonably make is that the scum team had something else they wanted to do. We can't really guess what that was without having an idea on what their roles are.

The main thing I'm thinking of, if it's a nodlied/sunflower team. Exploit the suspicion on me D1 by roleblocking me, while nodlied takes the free night to make an item.

It did stand out to me that Sunflower just outed herself as a night Roleblocker and didn't seem to realize that she put herself at risk by saying that.

On the Nodlied case, if we consider why TheIrishman was killed, it may have been that he was a priority kill, in the case that Nodlied is scum. Assuming only teammate, there is only one player left that can kill TheIrishman. They might have been forced to kill him just to make sure they can.