[Game Over] CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition

TheIrishman

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Basically, I have an ability that lets lynch vote skip a player IF and only IF they are not scum.  If they are scum, they get lynched like normal.  If they are town, the vote goes on to the second the most voted thing.  I can use this ability ONCE, unless I'm wrong and the person I target actually does get voted as scum. In which case I get a redo later.

In the event of the vote skip, the second most voted thing takes effect? I'm willing to vouch for Shade, but does that mean I get lynched then? Or will the vote skip both of us? Asking for clarification.

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

I was planning on rolling the die. So probably FRAYDO. But more importantly, the method of doing it would possibly boost a town player's abilities.

I thought I saw my name. It would be my luck too.

Just now, FRAYDO said:

In the event of the vote skip, the second most voted thing takes effect? I'm willing to vouch for Shade, but does that mean I get lynched then? Or will the vote skip both of us? Asking for clarification.

Whoever is in second place on the vote gets lynched (or no lynch) if Shade is not scum.

So for example.

Shade - 3 votes (not scum)

FRAYDO - 2 votes

In this case you'd be lynched.

In another example.

Shade - 3 votes (scum)

FRAYDO - 2 votes

In this case Shade would be lynched, and I get a do-over on my ability at a later date.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Whoever is in second place on the vote gets lynched (or no lynch) if Shade is not scum.

So for example.

Shade - 3 votes (not scum)

FRAYDO - 2 votes

In this case you'd be lynched.

In another example.

Shade - 3 votes (scum)

FRAYDO - 2 votes

In this case Shade would be lynched, and I get a do-over on my ability at a later date.

So, if Shade is scum you don't use up your ability?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

So, if Shade is scum you don't use up your ability?

It's a one shot ability, but if I'm wrong about someone I get a redo later.  MAX 2 times though.  If I'm wrong twice that's just too bad.

It's a one shot ability, but if I'm wrong about someone I get a redo later.  MAX 2 times though.  If I'm wrong twice that's just too bad.

I'd tell you to save it, but honestly you might as well use it day one just to prove I'm not scum. Which honestly, how surprising would that be?

Well, if you have no risk from using it if there is scum (i.e. you don't lose a charge or anything) then I see no point in not using it on Shade if we have an alternative target. I would be shocked if he isn't scum at this point.

Is it going to lynch the first target if they're 3rd party or just if their scum? That could make a big difference in its use...

Well, if you have no risk from using it if there is scum (i.e. you don't lose a charge or anything) then I see no point in not using it on Shade if we have an alternative target. I would be shocked if he isn't scum at this point.

Is it going to lynch the first target if they're 3rd party or just if their scum? That could make a big difference in its use...

If you think I'm third party, do you really want to even vote me up?

Just now, Shade939 said:

If you think I'm third party, do you really want to even vote me up?

Of course. 3rd party != town. If you're a 3rd party you might be a "not as bad" 3rd party like a survivor, but you could be something like a serial killer or a cult leader.

Of course. 3rd party != town. If you're a 3rd party you might be a "not as bad" 3rd party like a survivor, but you could be something like a serial killer or a cult leader.

What type of 3rd party do you think I'd be?

I believe third party is counted as "not scum" unfortunately.

Still hostile though. I’m still volunteering to be the first target unless we have a better alternative.

5 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Still hostile though. I’m still volunteering to be the first target unless we have a better alternative.

I think the ability should more be used to prevent a possible mislynch than as kind of a soft cop.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Then you shoudln't have told scum about it...

If I just sprung this out of the blue bad times would be had by all, probably :p

I revealed it because I felt bad for you, because I think there's a chance you're town but you're woefully inadequate at defending yourself.

If I just sprung this out of the blue bad times would be had by all, probably :p

I revealed it because I felt bad for you, because I think there's a chance you're town but you're woefully inadequate at defending yourself.

Shade is my spirit jedi :shyguy:

Like saying I have a mind control ray? :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

It worked for you last game, so I say yes, but I'm not actually scum so it's a bit different. :v

TBH I kinda wanted someone to point out that the Lone Wanderer can be either good or bad karma, but nobody ever did :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

Right, I do want to ask this at least one time? But is literally no one concerned about my character being a jester of having any ability that allows me to target anyone who lynches me?

TBH from my understanding jesters just try to get lynched, it's the other roles and the vengeful modifier that blow back on a train.