[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

That's another thing.  I guess it wasn't directly said, but after KY did the investigation, he was in control of the eggs.  Handing out eggs was a free action.  Now obviously scum have an interest in not giving eggs to town, but I expected the eggs to continue throughout the game and be a lot more evenly distributed. I'm surprised nobody pushed the investigators more about their reward, if you had, you might have forced more balance.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

That's another thing.  I guess it wasn't directly said, but after KY did the investigation, he was in control of the eggs.  Handing out eggs was a free action.  Now obviously scum have an interest in not giving eggs to town, but I expected the eggs to continue throughout the game and be a lot more evenly distributed. I'm surprised nobody pushed the investigators more about their reward, if you had, you might have forced more balance.

He claimed the reward was a non random egg.

Since there was some obsfucation, here are what all the rewards actually were.

Route 30 - Lvl 20 mewtwo egg, ability to pass eggs

Route 34 - Ability to buy two things from a category at once.

Gym - Ability to generate milk.

Radio Tower - One shot masonry.

Yes.

Then he's the only one who would have a reason to think KY might have gotten a similar reward, not that one really has a reason to suspect that you got two rewards in the first place, when one of them was already a legendary.

2 minutes ago, Brigitte said:

Also.

Day 1 sacrifice.

The immediate attempt to progress the game

Basic stuff.

Scum was told they'd be able to rig the investigation if they got to it first, so actually in this game anyone beelining for it should have been suspicious.  Of course, town didn't know that, but everyone always likes to claim "maybe scum know more than town".  They almost never do, but this time they did, so there's that.

Just now, Jeod said:

ITT: Shade still thinks I'm scum.

The thing is, aside from Brigitte who's new and doesn't know us very well, everyone else just seems to ignore your arguing now.  If you two were scum, you could ace the game simply by bickering over something stupid and town would never see it coming.

The thing is, aside from Brigitte who's new and doesn't know us very well, everyone else just seems to ignore your arguing now.  If you two were scum, you could ace the game simply by bickering over something stupid and town would never see it coming.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't take away my memes

In hindsight reviving houndoom was more important for giving me a 4th life rather than houndoom itself.  Houndoom was terrifying though. Would win a straight 1v1 against all of KY's pokemon and Irish's non except chicken and fish chicken. Sunny day Solarbeam stronk. I think I was misdirecting the battles at the end there because I assumed full heals were MUCH more common than they were. At one point I had 3 full restores and 2 moomoo milk (then I wasted the moomoo milk to ensure houndoom survived). I just couldn't commit to the risk of dying during those constant double battles around the time KY died.

I also kept forgetting to accuse Irish of being scum for not making a chart (glancing at the scum doc), but by the time I realized that I was pretty certain he was scum. Kind of did a disservice to town by not outlying why I thought he was scum, but a lot of it was gut reactions and possibly wrong. Things like activity was similar to KY, always voting himself up for investigations, knowing all skarmory's attacks were physical while busy as usual and then getting confused by his own moves (suggested scum mate helping).

I didn't want to mention the second biggest reason for suspecting KY because it's unfair, but the fact Sunflower was replaced suggested it was important and she had a lot of mod contact. That single grimer result brought a lot of the game into focus for me. Then Orange punked me and the egg hatched as a level 20 pokemon which was dumb because it's so suggestive of cat5 being scum.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

In hindsight reviving houndoom was more important for giving me a 4th life rather than houndoom itself.  Houndoom was terrifying though. Would win a straight 1v1 against all of KY's pokemon and Irish's non except chicken and fish chicken. Sunny day Solarbeam stronk. I think I was misdirecting the battles at the end there because I assumed full heals were MUCH more common than they were. At one point I had 3 full restores and 2 moomoo milk (then I wasted the moomoo milk to ensure houndoom survived). I just couldn't commit to the risk of dying during those constant double battles around the time KY died.

I also kept forgetting to accuse Irish of being scum for not making a chart (glancing at the scum doc), but by the time I realized that I was pretty certain he was scum. Kind of did a disservice to town by not outlying why I thought he was scum, but a lot of it was gut reactions and possibly wrong. Things like activity was similar to KY, always voting himself up for investigations, knowing all skarmory's attacks were physical while busy as usual and then getting confused by his own moves (suggested scum mate helping).

I didn't want to mention the second biggest reason for suspecting KY because it's unfair, but the fact Sunflower was replaced suggested it was important and she had a lot of mod contact. That single grimer result brought a lot of the game into focus for me. Then Orange punked me and the egg hatched as a level 20 pokemon which was dumb because it's so suggestive of cat5 being scum.

TBH there's that too, the fact that the masterball was a direct night kill and the normal night kill was only as half night kill (and the fact that the night kill could technically cause burn, but RNG determined that it never did...).  While I understand why stealing Articuno was a priority, maybe in the end it wasn't worth it.

As for replacing, I had some options to work with.  Replacing was just the "nicest", so that really wouldn't have been a tell.  If a town had to go they'd have gotten replaced too.

What was mewtwo's final moveset? I forgot to mention I kept envisioning the worst case scenario for houndoom (along with putting mewtwo's special attack as his special defense going from 3 shot to 2 shot) which also greatly affected my decision making.

TBH there's that too, the fact that the masterball was a direct night kill and the normal night kill was only as half night kill (and the fact that the night kill could technically cause burn, but RNG determined that it never did...).  While I understand why stealing Articuno was a priority, maybe in the end it wasn't worth it.

As for replacing, I had some options to work with.  Replacing was just the "nicest", so that really wouldn't have been a tell.  If a town had to go they'd have gotten replaced too.

I think articuno was the correct choice. Town's last legendary, capable of killing mewtwo if houndoom failed, and kept houndoom out of the battle with mewtwo.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Mewtwo (Level 50) HP: 181 – Fainted

-Psychic

-Barrier

-Blizzard

-Recover

Seems like KY never went for a physical move to back up psychic. Too bad there was no real chance of a single battle between houndoom and mewtwo when they were both healthy.

23 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Wow, why did he give up?

He's outnumbered 5:1, and probably doesn't have any healing items left.

And it's probably not worth the effort of having to sit through another five days worth of battles even if he would win, and odds are he'd outright lose most of the match ups with a Lapras.