[Game Over - Town Victory] Pokemafia 2

OrangeP47

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

That can still be vetoed though.  And even if say a few people want one specific PVP and another few people want an investigation, some rando comes in with a direct challenge they could unite to veto it.  If a lot of people have a problem with it I can remove direct challenges though.  I know you've expressed concerns about it before, but I'd like to hear from more than just you.

If they have enough time to veto the challenge though. There at least needs to be a time limit to give players a chance to veto a challenge.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Eh, I suppose that's a good point.  I'll just go ahead and remove that option here in a minute.  The location investigations will serve the purpose of offering an alternative just fine I guess.

It depends on what you want to do with it, but it's easy to abuse that mechanic if it requires a majority vote to stop it.

Just now, Shade939 said:

It depends on what you want to do with it, but it's easy to abuse that mechanic if it requires a majority vote to stop it.

It comes down to the time issue really.  I want this game to be very flexible with when people have to be on, and I value that principle more than wanting to add a challenge in.  Give people often vote a few hours before hammer and then leave (which is fine), it's really hard to put a safeguard in.  I could say something like "Challenges must occur in the first 24 hours of a day phase", but I don't want to limit it either.  The original purpose of having challenges (other than a direct option being nice) was to provide an alternative to voting for a PvP matchup.  Investigations now serve that purpose.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It comes down to the time issue really.  I want this game to be very flexible with when people have to be on, and I value that principle more than wanting to add a challenge in.  Give people often vote a few hours before hammer and then leave (which is fine), it's really hard to put a safeguard in.  I could say something like "Challenges must occur in the first 24 hours of a day phase", but I don't want to limit it either.  The original purpose of having challenges (other than a direct option being nice) was to provide an alternative to voting for a PvP matchup.  Investigations now serve that purpose.

Fair enough, I don't really think challenges would serve that purpose you'd want to use them for in that case.

Edited by Shade939

Added "other battle rules" which will contain all the idiosyncrasies unique to this pokemafia game, such as move changes etc.  This section might change while play is in progress, and if you spot something that might be a problem, please bring it up.

Just now, Jeod said:

Yo yo, let's start this thing!

tenor.gif

Here in a bit I'm going to do my morning exercise, then eat lunch, THEN I'll send out PMs and start the game.  Expect the game to start around 1:30 EST.  Hammer will be the usual time still, 6 PM EST/11 PM GMT on Wednesday.

Day 1 Start

HGSS_National_Park-Morning.png

Most of you were in Goldenrod when the news came down, Team Rocket is once again up to no good!  They're planning on rigging the bug catching contest at the National Park, in order to corner the market on Sun Stones! This cannot be allowed to happen! Fortunately, Goldenrod was hosting a Gym Leader's conference, meaning a host of powerful figures and their entourage are in town to help. It is suspected that Team Rocket is hiding among the crowd of people purporting to help, they're tricky like that, and you must investigate and battle yourselves to help put an end to this crisis.  You've also received word that there might be clues as to the guilty party's identity in four locations nearby, which you might also want to investigate.

For TOWN to win the game, Team Rocket (MAFIA) must be eliminated from the game.

For Team Rocket (MAFIA) to win the game, TOWN must be fully eliminated from the game.

Each day you may ##nominate someone to be a trainer, and ##rocket someone they face.  You alternatively may ##rocket a location, sending the ##trainer to investigate that location.

Some days will be double battles. On these days, the top 2 trainers and top 2 rockets will face off in a 2 v 2 battle.  On double battle days, you may not investigate a location.  Today is a SINGLE BATTLE.

CVC

No votes for trainer.

No votes for rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - No votes

2.  Jeod - No votes

3.  Retaliation - No votes

4.  Shade939 - No votes

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - No votes

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

IMPORTANT:  Your first listed pokemon in your PM is assumed to be your active/primary pokemon.  You may PM a change this selection for free during D1 until 6 pm EST/11 pm GMT Tuesday (first half of D1) by PMing me.  This is to compensate for only now discovering your movesets.  You may only take advantage of this offer ONCE.  Hammer is 6 pm EST/11 pm GMT Wednesday.

Hugh, surprisingly enough I think i'm actually against investigating a location today.

It's useful to figure out what actually happens when you investigate a location, but at the moment I don't think we'd be prepared for any sort of danger that might be present there at game start, so it seems might be a suicide mission at the moment.

CVC

Jeod leads trainer

Route 34 leads for rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - No votes

2.  Jeod - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - No votes

4.  Shade939 - No votes

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - No votes

7.  Cat 5 - No votes

Just now, Jeod said:

It's Gen2 with enhancements.

While I'm mostly just being snarky, I do feel the need to remind you Soul Silver had the physical/special split, but pure gen 2 did not.  This game will follow the gen 2 rules (and I better find the type chart I left lying around here somewhere).

I'm pretty much convinced that in order for it to be a viable option for balancing, investigating a location has to pose some serious risk to whoever undertakes it.

Since the alternative choice would be to have two trainers battle each other and one of them lose a Pokemon.

CVC

Jeod/Retaliation leads trainer

Route 34/Shade939 leads for rocket

Valid investigation zones:  Goldenrod Radio Tower, Goldenrod Gym, Route 30, Route 34

Current Active players

1.  TheIrishman - No votes

2.  Jeod - Jeod/trainer, Route 34/rocket

3.  Retaliation - Retaliation/trainer, Shade939/rocket

4.  Shade939 - No votes

5.  Sunflower - No votes

6.  Brigitte - No votes

7.  Cat 5 - No votes