[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

1 minute ago, rubeci said:

Exactly how many former aspirants to the throne are there?

Probably too obvious but likely candidates nonetheless.

##vote Voe

The thing about Voe that gives me pause is the fact that he tried to throw shade at me *before* the night was over.  If he was going to rebel, he wouldn't yet know who was rebel with him and if I was going to be a potential teammate.  That's reckless for someone who's planning to rebel.  Then again, he's not the most coherent strategist...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I would assume eliminating any house from the game would result in an increase in WIN. Of course, you might just prefer to have less players in game in general though. :v

Well the alternative is no lynch buddy, so if that's what you want, make your case :p

Which considering we know the rebels have ways of turning people to the rebellion, is arguing for the rebellion to win in the end.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Well the alternative is no lynch buddy, so if that's what you want, make your case :p

Which considering we know the rebels have ways of turning people to the rebellion, is arguing for the rebellion to win in the end.

It's not a difficult case to make. Usually you should require something more along the lines of proof to eliminate a player, which at best I might buy that the Hand already coped a player in which case I would have assumed Jeod would bring that up.

And do you know how the rebels turn players over to there side? I really doubt it's a straight up cult mechanic where a royalist is forced to join the rebellion every night.....

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It's not a difficult case to make. Usually you should require something more along the lines of proof to eliminate a player, which at best I might buy that the Hand already coped a player in which case I would have assumed Jeod would bring that up.

And do you know how the rebels turn players over to there side? I really doubt it's a straight up cult mechanic where a royalist is forced to join the rebellion every night.....

How do you know the Hand can cop people hmmm? :p And how many times do we have to tell you, mafia is not a game of proof :p

Also I have info to suggest it is a cult like mechanic, if you want to put it that way.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I would assume eliminating any house from the game would result in an increase in WIN. Of course, you might just prefer to have less players in game in general though. :v

Elimination is for the king and his hand to decide. The Wall is the other option and would actually decrease WIN.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:34 AM, VERTi60 said:

The first King will be decided by a vote on the first day. Anyone currently sitting on the Iron Throne will have few more actions, such as deciding who will be their "Hand of the King" (this action will also serve as cop action to find out a rebel house via night action)

Well then, that actually doesn't imply that the Hand of the King is a Cop...

3 minutes ago, rubeci said:

Elimination is for the king and his hand to decide. The Wall is the other option and would actually decrease WIN.

There's still probably a base penalty for removing the Lord from control of his land and installing a new leader. They can counteract that penalty by sending them to the wall, but I'd suspect general instability to increase int he kingdom every time a Lord is overthrown.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

How do you know the Hand can cop people hmmm? :p And how many times do we have to tell you, mafia is not a game of proof :p

Also I have info to suggest it is a cult like mechanic, if you want to put it that way.

A cult mechanic would seem a bit on the OP side given how easily that would let you sway entire armies to your cause. There would have to be some sort of limiting factor to it so it wouldn't completely override the Royals ability to put down a rebellion.

Just now, Shade939 said:

A cult mechanic would seem a bit on the OP side given how easily that would let you sway entire armies to your cause. There would have to be some sort of limiting factor to it so it wouldn't completely override the Royals ability to put down a rebellion.

It might not have a 100% success rate or something, sure, and other factors might be at play, but I do think they have stronger tools than you're accounting for.  I believe we have strong incentive to actually try and nail them.  If there's some kind of uncertainty, it might involve the armies actually fighting, which could go either way.  Rebels might have the advantage to make up for their smaller factional size (we already know they can attack while royals can only defend).  Whereas we know for sure that voting is a sure fire 100% way to remove someone.  That's our counter.  It would be foolish not to use it.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It might not have a 100% success rate or something, sure, and other factors might be at play, but I do think they have stronger tools than you're accounting for.  I believe we have strong incentive to actually try and nail them.  If there's some kind of uncertainty, it might involve the armies actually fighting, which could go either way.  Rebels might have the advantage to make up for their smaller factional size (we already know they can attack while royals can only defend).  Whereas we know for sure that voting is a sure fire 100% way to remove someone.  That's our counter.  It would be foolish not to use it.

So, does that mean you're volunteering for the vote then?

Just now, Retaliation said:

##vote Orange

Only a traitor would need to assert his loyalty!

Normally I use that argument all the time against ChopBam, however there's simply no other way to describe the high quality of my arguments in use against Shade's tinfoil theories this game so far :p

1 minute ago, rubeci said:

Why would volunteering for the vote be any indicator for your faction? No matter if you are affiliated with Rebels or Royalists it weakens their respective forces.

It wouldn't, and nobody is volunteering.  What happened was I made the point that we should try to nail a rebel with the vote, Shade asked if I was volunteering, and I basically asked "Why would I do that as Loyalist, given my last point?" except with a more scathing tone while being factious, but apparently some people can't handle it.

43 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Did someone try to convert you?

Just now, Sunflower said:

Did someone try to convert you?

No, I don't think they'd have that option N1 when people were still sorting out who themselves were rebels.  I'd like to keep my info ambiguous for now as revealing more won't help at present time and keeping rebels in the dark about what I know could lead them into a trap later.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It wouldn't, and nobody is volunteering.  What happened was I made the point that we should try to nail a rebel with the vote, Shade asked if I was volunteering, and I basically asked "Why would I do that as Loyalist, given my last point?" except with a more scathing tone while being factious, but apparently some people can't handle it.

Thats what i mean, you would think nobody is. Questioning Shade's reason here since it seems like a phony argument.