[GAME OVER] Cop Mafia II

Jeod

I think having a chart would help us with the logical steps and process of elimination in this game. If anyone has suggestions for improving it, lemme know.

[PLAYERS] [N0 RESULT] [IS NOT THESE COP TYPES]
Voe ??? ???
Killing_You ??? ???
iLikeToSnipe Voe Mafia Not Naive
ChopBam Killing_You Mafia Not Naive
OrangeP47 Voe Town Not Paranoid

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'm just gonna ask, why weren't you a bit more forthcoming with your peek ILTS?

Sorry for the late response, sick with tonsillitis and getting that taken care of...

I'm still trying to think of how best to scum hunt in this format. My usual tool is baiting a trap by hinting at/withholding information, but I don't think that will work this time.

39 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Last time, we opted for NoLynch in order to give us the broadest possible sample of cop reports for D2. Is that something that you guys think is worth exploring?

Maybe. But I don't want to commit to that just yet. We need discussion, and some people might not talk if they feel safe.

45 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Last time, we opted for NoLynch in order to give us the broadest possible sample of cop reports for D2. Is that something that you guys think is worth exploring?

Killing more people could possibly help us narrow down *what* cops people are faster, though, is the alternative. It's something I've been going back and forth over, and I'm not sure which to do. (I didn't play this game last time).

That said, we have 3 people reporting a town result, and two people reporting a mafia result. Law of averages says that's one too many town results, unless the plain insane cop actually hit the mafia.

There is additional information that each of us who was "reported on" has but we can't prove and can't put in the chart. We know our own alignments, so we can, in our own minds, narrow down further the people that got reports on us.

For example, since I'm town, I can personally determine that KY (if he's a cop) is not insane. This means he's either sane, naive, or mafia.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

There is additional information that each of us who was "reported on" has but we can't prove and can't put in the chart. We know our own alignments, so we can, in our own minds, narrow down further the people that got reports on us.

For example, since I'm town, I can personally determine that KY (if he's a cop) is not insane. This means he's either sane, naive, or mafia.

I haven't played Sudoku in years.

Hold on, I forgot something.

##vote Killing_You

That's better. Now, on to business.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

By the same token, I can tell that you're not sane. You're either insane, paranoid, or mafia.

This is pretty much why we went for NoLynch last time. Not to kill discussion, but to give us the maximum number of cop reports possible on D2, which was the critical day. It also made Mafia have a harder time lying about their reports and faking who they were. We lost last time mostly because our naive cop lied about their report.

That being said, the fact that there's 3 cop reports tied to Voe is interesting to say the least. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is, but I might be swayed into a Voe lynch.

##vote NoLynch

Mathematically, whether we lynch or nolynch today, we will lose if we mislynch tomorrow.

If we nolynch today, we will have more people to choose from in tomorrow's pivotal lynch (4).

If we lynch someone today, we'll have one more alignment (and confirmed cop report) to go on tomorrow, and one less person to choose from for the pivotal lynch (3).

To that end, I say we lynch someone today.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Mathematically, whether we lynch or nolynch today, we will lose if we mislynch tomorrow.

If we nolynch today, we will have more people to choose from in tomorrow's pivotal lynch (4).

If we lynch someone today, we'll have one more alignment (and confirmed cop report) to go on tomorrow, and one less person to choose from for the pivotal lynch (3).

To that end, I say we lynch someone today.

Yeah, really good point.

I'll start the train.

##Vote Voe

Well, that's interesting. Here's what I've been thinking about the pros/cons of a nolynch.

Pros:

• One more cop report D2
  • No MYLO D2
  • Mafia can't use the flip to avoid making a slip

Cons:

• One less confirmed cop D2
  • Confirm D1 cop report of player lynched (assuming they gave their actual report...)

Unless there's something I'm missing, a nolynch seems like the best D1 option for town 9 times out of 10 in this setup. Just thinking as a mafia player (which I'm at least a little good at), I would 100% want to lynch a player D1. Time is the most important thing in this setup, give town enough of it and they will win. Ergo, time is the enemy of the mafia player. They need a lynch D1 to maximize their chance at winning.

So, I do find it very interesting that a vote on Voe gets proposed and a bandwagon immediately forms on him.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Well, that's interesting. Here's what I've been thinking about the pros/cons of a nolynch.

Pros:

• One more cop report D2
  • No MYLO D2

Cons:

• Confirm D1 cop report of player lynched (assuming they gave their actual report...)

Unless there's something I'm missing, a nolynch seems like the best D1 option for town 9 times out of 10 in this setup. Just thinking as a mafia player (which I'm at least a little good at), I would 100% want to lynch a player D1. Time is the most important thing in this setup, give town enough of it and they will win. Ergo, time is the enemy of the mafia player. They need a lynch D1 to maximize their chance at winning.

So, I do find it very interesting that a vote on Voe gets proposed and a bandwagon immediately forms on him.

I think you need to try again.  Also, if we were voting purely on who's scummiest, I'd probably vote for you, just so you know.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Pros:

• One more cop report D2
  • No MYLO D2

Cons:

Generally, I agree, but I think what makes Voe's circumstance unique is that 3/5ths of the players have their N0 cop reports tied to him (Voe, you, and Orange). This feels like the 1 time out of 10.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I think you need to try again.  Also, if we were voting purely on who's scummiest, I'd probably vote for you, just so you know.

First of all, who said anything about voting on who's scummiest? As best I can tell, this is just a vote on gathering information. Second, do you have any reasoning for that?

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

First of all, who said anything about voting on who's scummiest? As best I can tell, this is just a vote on gathering information. Second, do you have any reasoning for that?

No one said anything about it, but I felt the need to inform you of it anyway. The implication being if you're scum you're trying to get us to no lynch because it's advantageous to you. That's exhibit B-2. Exhibit B-1 is the fact that you didn't really seem to interact with the good points regarding actually lynching, you just laid out your case for a counter plan. Exhibit A is you slow rolling your peek.

10 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Pros:

• One more cop report D2
  • No MYLO D2

Cons:

The highlighted, taken in it's entirety, is generally a scum tell when you bypass discussion and merely state something's "interesting".

21 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Generally, I agree, but I think what makes Voe's circumstance unique is that 3/5ths of the players have their N0 cop reports tied to him (Voe, you, and Orange). This feels like the 1 time out of 10.

That just doesn't seem like it's worth it. There's only two ways this goes, we get insanely lucky and Voe is mafia (which is less likely now, I think). Or he flips town and then what? I'm just having a very hard time thinking of anything positive we get out of this that we don't already get from making charts and analyzing posts.

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

No one said anything about it, but I felt the need to inform you of it anyway. The implication being if you're scum you're trying to get us to no lynch because it's advantageous to you. That's exhibit B-2. Exhibit B-1 is the fact that you didn't really seem to interact with the good points regarding actually lynching, you just laid out your case for a counter plan. Exhibit A is you slow rolling your peek.

I haven't interacted with any good points because I haven't really seen any yet. As for your Exhibit A, that's how I roll.

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The highlighted, taken in it's entirety, is generally a scum tell when you bypass discussion and merely state something's "interesting".

Now this is interesting, looks like you're just grasping at straws.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

That just doesn't seem like it's worth it. There's only two ways this goes, we get insanely lucky and Voe is mafia (which is less likely now, I think). Or he flips town and then what? I'm just having a very hard time thinking of anything positive we get out of this that we don't already get from making charts and analyzing posts.

I haven't interacted with any good points because I haven't really seen any yet. As for your Exhibit A, that's how I roll.

Now this is interesting, looks like you're just grasping at straws.

It's considered well known over an MU as a meta-tell.

The fact that if we no lynch today we ARE at MYLO tomorrow, and you've missed this is troubling.