RA2:AR FAQ

Guest APB_ICE

If there are problems with it, it could be deployable like a larger, slower version of the Nod Arty.

Then again it'd be nice to have the Allied Howitzer (cut from the final game) as well. Oh well.

The Grand Cannon better not move. It was a base defense in RA2, why would it be anything else in AR?

By the way, fantabulous job so far. Any progress on the Kirov, even though it's not a release one candidate (Unfortunately)

Edited by Killing You

The Grand Cannon better not move. It was a base defense in RA2, why would it be anything else in AR?

By the way, fantabulous job so far. Any progress on the Kirov, even though it's not a release one candidate (Unfortunately)

The Grand Cannon will be massive and scary, just like in RA2. :p

We do have a Kirov model from one of our old acquired projects, but it's not ingame by any means. However, as a tester you should be able to see that we've made a contingency plan for the future by making the Soviet War factory big enough to support them. :p

Guest SiminaI

I have some questions.

1. Do you have a plan to make reload animation ingame?
  2. in AR will have some easter eggs?
  3. Do you have a plan to make new units like Confessior in reborn?

1: Yeah, weapons have reload animations in first person view, same as Renegade,TSR and APB

2: What do you think?

3: No, RA2 has a nicely balanced set of infantry already for an FPS, no need to start inventing new things.

Guest APB_ICE

Actually, the Makarov and Beretta M951 (incorrectly labelled as an M92) both have proper reload animations, although it'll be really nice to see the new M16 and AK-47 models in-game along with their reload animations.

Dammit, can't edit posts on this stupid phone :argh: Just remembered that the Makarov, in fact, doesn't have a proper reload anim. :v:

Guest SiminaI

2: What do you think?

I'm think about some old APB stuff in AR easter eggs (e.g. APB flamethower,m1911,etc.) or some APB supply trucks is civilian vehicles easter eggs. in AR

That's probably because RA2's infantry formula is, to me, the best out of any C&C to date. As far as officers go, the G.I. basically deploys into one, and the Conscript is set up to be midway between a Rifle Soldier and an Officer. That's how it was in RA2 (to an extent) and that's how it's planned to be, I think.

• 5 months later...
Guest Jerad2142

Been able to destroy ore could be cool, if you were about to lose a field or something you could fire a few rounds and blow up some crystals if they didn't stop you, could add some neat mechanics but I could see how it could also be exploitable.

Been able to destroy ore could be cool, if you were about to lose a field or something you could fire a few rounds and blow up some crystals if they didn't stop you, could add some neat mechanics but I could see how it could also be exploitable.

With the new system, you could get an Ore Miner along with a few comrades and mine the enemy's ore fields so that their miner has to go further than usual. It's a legitimate tactic!

Will vetrancy be implemented as in the game where vehicles got a double shoot and explosions?

Which units from Yuri's Revenge will be in the game.

I think this may have been answered before but I didn't want to look through all 18 pages.

Will vetrancy be implemented as in the game where vehicles got a double shoot and explosions?

Which units from Yuri's Revenge will be in the game.

I think this may have been answered before but I didn't want to look through all 18 pages.

That type of veterancy is already implemented!

The Allies and Soviets will get all of their units from Yuri's Revenge.

If that's so, how will the Allied battle fortress and Soviet Siege chopper work?

The Siege Chopper will deploy using Q, pretty straight forward really.

The Battle Fortress will have lots of turrets attached to it, a bit like how the Mammoth Mk II has multiple turrets. However, these turrets will change weapon when you get inside them with different infantry. It will be totally possible to make a Repair Fortress if you really want to. :p

Guest sarkasm0

If that's so, how will the Allied battle fortress and Soviet Siege chopper work?

The Siege Chopper will deploy using Q, pretty straight forward really.

The Battle Fortress will have lots of turrets attached to it, a bit like how the Mammoth Mk II has multiple turrets. However, these turrets will change weapon when you get inside them with different infantry. It will be totally possible to make a Repair Fortress if you really want to. :p

That sounds so awesome...

Guest Pushwall

Have you seen how labyrinthine some of the buildings are? When people start hiding, killwhores would have to waste a lot of time rooting them out. I'm a bit more concerned with what happens when everything but the allied refinery is dead and every allied building has a desolator or two deployed nearby.

• 1 year later...

It will be interesting to see how will the Mind Control work :D

Mind control logic was explained (at least what they plan) in another thread. Baasically, the psicorps trooper/Yuri unit freezes the enemy as they take control (won't be instant), and the enemy gets turned into a soviet bot of the same units that attacks the allies. The controller can switch between controlling the yuri unit and controlling the bot directly.

It will be interesting to see how will the Mind Control work :D

Mind control logic was explained (at least what they plan) in another thread. Baasically, the psicorps trooper/Yuri unit freezes the enemy as they take control (won't be instant), and the enemy gets turned into a soviet bot of the same units that attacks the allies. The controller can switch between controlling the yuri unit and controlling the bot directly.

Sounds really cool :)