AR :: February Update

Guest APB_ICE

Looking awesome guys! :D Although the Sea Scorpion's flak cannon is freakin' huge... :aaaaa: Lol

Love the Reinforcement Bay designs. Squid Empire did an awesome job on them, although I'd like to offer some constructive criticism regarding the placement of the landing pad. Realistically speaking, being surrounded on 3 sides by buildings like that would make it extremely difficult and even hazardous to try to paradrop equipment onto it. If the landing pad was larger and the middle building was eliminated, this would make for a clear path through the landing zone which would make it far easier to not only land on it safely, but would also give 2 directions from which to disembark after landing.

Anyway, looking forward to the next version! :dance:

The open beta is going to be the most epic thing in Renegade history !

LOL

I totally forgot about the reinforcement bay competition I almost finished my new reinforcement bay for the soviets in sketch up :p

I might post my current progress and well done to Squid Empire make sure you make it awesome.

Perhaps you should remove the spikes as I haven't seen a soviet structure with them but other than that love you design.

The progress seem great but I thing that the purchase item for the rocketeer needs some more work as it seem a tad odd looking , the soviets seem good and I can see your working on them .

Keep up the good work .

Edited by Eternity 6

Guest Gezking

Wow im loving the progress on the robot tank, it just looks amazing :aaa:

I like the side bar but to me its designs feel like it should be found in APB rather than AR

And I cant wait to prowl the waters for allied ships with that sub and cause utter destruction and trollage with superior Soviet Engineering :D

As for the Competition congrats Squid! i really do like like those designs but i do have a bit of beef about them that i never got to mention, which im surprised no one else has brought up.

In RA1 all the buildings were pretty much the same, maybe the barracks was a little bit different but it was basically the same, when i played RA2 i think one of the first things i noticed was each team's buildings were totally different and this made me feel that i was really fighting a different faction (rather than just the same team with 5 or 6 different units ).

Now this is pretty much the only place i can find a fault with his buildings, they are a bit too alike.

However this will bother me slightly im still glad that his buildings are being used :dance:

Great work guys!

i can't wait for more info :D

Guest Pushwall

Great work! Good to see both teams' arsenals being expanded, and holy shit those sidebars. lul L4D medikit in the Allied refill icon and an Allied weapon in the Soviet refill icon

Perhaps you should remove the spikes as I haven't seen a soviet structure with them but other than that love you design.

The battle bunker and soviet concrete wall come to mind. Though they had longer, narrower spikes.

The progress seem great but I thing that the purchase item for the rocketeer needs some more work as it seem a tad odd looking , the soviets seem good and I can see your working on them .

You'll realise why they look so odd when you get to play with them :wink:

I am so excited for AR I might just explode, Ivan style.
I am extremely grateful that you decided my design was useful, and I'd just like to say thanks for allowing me to have a go, and to be part of your game!

In response to the comments above with suggestions on how to improve the design, where were these suggestions when I was drawing them? :3
Jokes aside, I agree with the comments regarding the helipad making minimal sense, but I suppose the helicopter doesn't really need to land in order to drop off supplies. I built it the way I did for aesthetics, as having the areas separate, or worse still, having the helipad by itself, makes the whole look a little too disjoined. I toyed with the idea of putting the helipad on top of the building, but then how do tanks get down (without a comical ramp or elevator)?
I'm sure the BHP staff can decide what to do with the helipad, the way I have it is just how I did it!
In regards to the comments on the spikes on the soviet bay, I was hard pressed to find a rooftop element besides those vents that is used on multiple buildings. I stuck to the spikes because as Pushwall pointed out, the battle bunker and wall had them. The joining section where the spikes it was meant to be a sort of infantry bunker incase the building was under attack, so it made sense to copy the 'defensive' spikes over.
Finally in response to Gezking, I found that most of the soviet/allied buildings (besides the barracks and lab) were just redesigns of the same structure, using different styles. The war factories, refineries and construction are good examples of what I mean. So I kept the same structure; garage, communications building, bunker, helipad, the same on both but tried to use the allied (rounded shiny metal) and soviet (jagged pink brick) styles for my designs.
Although I joked above thanks for the feedback, it's useful to know what the players think of my designs :allears:

Once again, thanks AR team for letting me have a go!

Guest SiminaI

R.I.P apb and reborn

They not die yet. actually APB becuse it's (ED)incoming(ED) new type of naval wars. :D for reborn hmmmmmmmmmm.... KANE LIVES!!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Edited by SiminaI

• 2 months later...
Guest BModder

Hey guys!, I am a new on the forums... I was played TS Reborn and its so funny, i send a PM for Chronojam.

So where RA2 Apocalypse Rising release?

Hey there BModder, welcome to the forums!

It's nice to see that you are having fun.

Sadly though, Apocalypse Rising hasn't been released yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone how can I play RA2:AR?

when? how? hu?

Become a tester. To become one, watch news when a new hiring is in place. Or you can wait for the finished product - nobody really knows when :p

• 3 months later...