Einstein applies for a job

Ha, thanks for the well wishes guys! The interview went better than I expected and they said that I'll receive an email sometime after monday! They still have a few applicants to review and then they will give a recommendation to the school board who will then make the final decision. :D The place is everything I had hoped for and then some. I'll post here in a week or so whether or not I got it!

Nooooo we'll lose Einstein to the evil campus bosses! D:

Hopefully nothing here will be blocked at the new place if I do get the job. However...I'll almost be my own boss. And I will have the ability to unblock sites :p

I HAVE THE POWER!

1776235-poster01copy.jpg

He-Einstein and the Masters of the Server Room!

Edited by DeviousDave

Well they called me early yesterday morning, which was quite odd since they said before that I would be receiving an email notification either late Tuesday or Wednesday.....called to let me know that they were "going in a different direction" and something about financials, not really sure....but yeah I didn't get the job. I'm not certain, but from the way the guy talked, they might not actually be filling the position! That doesn't really make them look the best after they conducted so many interviews though. Mine lasted 2 hours! I was really confused honestly because I thought the interview went quite well and several other things made me think that they wanted me there. So my guess is one of 2 things happened: either the board meeting went really bad and the board decided that the money wasn't there so no hiring anyone, or they already had a "pocket candidate", which I find more likely because of where I live... Its also possible that I did something wrong and didn't know it, or just wasn't as qualified as someone else, though they gave me the impression that I had everyone else beat...

Well they called me early yesterday morning, which was quite odd since they said before that I would be receiving an email notification either late Tuesday or Wednesday.....called to let me know that they were "going in a different direction" and something about financials, not really sure....but yeah I didn't get the job. I'm not certain, but from the way the guy talked, they might not actually be filling the position! That doesn't really make them look the best after they conducted so many interviews though. Mine lasted 2 hours! I was really confused honestly because I thought the interview went quite well and several other things made me think that they wanted me there. So my guess is one of 2 things happened: either the board meeting went really bad and the board decided that the money wasn't there so no hiring anyone, or they already had a "pocket candidate", which I find more likely because of where I live... Its also possible that I did something wrong and didn't know it, or just wasn't as qualified as someone else, though they gave me the impression that I had everyone else beat...

Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, a company isn't inclined to tell you *why* you don't qualify for a job, why they choose someone else, or what you could do to improve.

Thanks Chop!

Unfortunately, due to legal reasons, a company isn't inclined to tell you *why* you don't qualify for a job, why they choose someone else, or what you could do to improve.

I know :/ really sucks but oh well. I'd rather break loose and work for myself but I've got a lot to do before then.

Surprise update! My contact there sent me an email out of the blue explaining that they had hired someone else and that the decision was purely because he had 10 years of experience in the field more than me. She said that I was well-qualified and that the interview went well and that they would hang on to my info in case they ever wanted to to expand. She also offered to forward my info along to another potential employer. Could be a blessing in disguise! :D

It happens to everyone, one company didn't want me because they found someone who would do it cheaper which makes me glad I never ended up there! What kind of message does that send out?!

I'm not sure what the market is like in the US but if I stick my CV on recruitment websites in the UK the recruiters are like flies to shit. Maybe give that a bash? For example, I am currently "enquiring" about opportunities (hopefully no-one I works with will see that...) and some have progressed to a certain stage. All I did was pick up the phone to a few recruiters, no work involved other than spending 15 minutes updating some bullet points on my CV. You also build relationships with the recruiters because if they like you they'll come back and help you out since they are reputation based not forgetting probably on commission (usually 10% of you salary).

Do you have LinkedIn as well? That really helps and if you hook up with some of the people on here you'll automatically be connected with a lot of industry people. Here is me with a photo that needs updating (I am not that fat anymore lol) if anyone wants to connect.

I had considered doing that but I don't really want to move far from here for a job right now, which is what would most likely have to happen. Unfortunately the jobs in my field are pretty slim here, which creates a slight problem lol. I'm also in that "hope my co-workers don't see this" category too. Thanks for the tips man! I do need to revive my linkedin account, I totally forgot I even had it! :aaa:

• 1 month later...

Update bump.

January 8 will be my last day working here at the motorhome plant. I have decided to pursue a 2-year business degree so that when I hopefully someday open a computer repair shop, I won't be totally lost on the business aspect of things. I will be resuming my "part-time" position at the college in their IT department, but I will be allowed to work as much as I want. It is a minimum wage job ($7.25/hr) but at least its something. I am actually quite excited about it because I will be returning to work in my hometown (and state) and the drive will be less than 10 minutes.