Too slow download

aldobrasil

That file alone is 3/4 of the total download. A connection issue, even a very slight otherwise unnoticeable one could also be the culprit.

Make sure that there aren't any corrupted leftovers hanging around, as these could also (but not likely) be the cause.

1. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\W3D Hub\Launcher\package-cache\games\apb\3.0.0.0 folder (ProgramData is a hidden folder)
  2. Delete the always.zip file if there is one there. If not, then the problem is not an existing corrupted file.
  3. Let us know what happens so we can improve this

Not necessary. Once that package is downloaded, all he or anyone else with similar issues need to do is paste those files into the folder I mentioned above and then hit "install" from the launcher. The launcher will "download" the files (basically check what files aren't downloaded), then do what I believe is an integrity check, then complete the install process. After that, all should be working.

EDIT: ignore this, I'm a moron.

I'm on eerrr... Windows XP. Theres no such thing as C:\ProgramData here...

Edit.:

The file on dropbox contains not the install data but the already installed game. I decompressed it to

C:\Program Files\W3D Hub\games\apb-release

The launcher cannot know that a new version is already installed, so it goes on to try to download it again.

Edited by aldobrasil

Yeah ignore my previous post. I assumed incorrectly that the download was not in an "installed" state just zipped up. My bad... :psyduck:

Create a shortcut to your game.exe and add this to the end of the target blank:

+connect 178.162.193.144:9016 +netplayername aldobrasil -launcher

then hit save. You should be able to connect now!

upgraded to vista, now the installation fails when trying to install vcredist (takes forever and dows nothing)

i manually installed vcredist_x86 for vc 2012, yet the installer cannot understand this and tries to install anyway.

tried to change the packageinfo.json file to invoke a dummy command, yet the launcher redownloads the dependency and ignores my changes. i fail to find where this thing stores the checksum...

Edited by aldobrasil

uninstalled everything and installed everything. nothing...

i need a way to deactivate vcredist_x86 install, so i can install it manually...

if i take vcredist_x86.exe from the zip and run it myself, it stays forever at some "processing {blabla bla GUID}"

i can install vcredist_x86 manually (it installs flawlessly)...

Which game are you trying to install via the launcher?

There are different versions of vcredist_x86 available for all the different versions of visual studio and update levels to those versions, thus simply installing the first vcredist_x86 you find online isn't necessarily the right one for our games. We also currently target different versions with each game, although we're aiming to standardise this with future tsr update.