[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

HOLY SHIT KILL KILLING_YOU!

I know there is a Heavy Tank on the field and this guy just claimed to be a vehicle killer. Since we know there is a town vehicle, a vehicle killing role is most likely mafia. Kill / lynch the fuck out of this guy! If he was mafia, this would also explain how he could "block" Mojoman whilst still being a vehicle destroyer.

##vote Killing_You

By the way, for those of you still trying to figure out my "gimmick", you really are wasting your time. I think I more than told you enough about it before and you accepted it then. Still, if we must, I'm still ok with the idea of being lynched. I do not want to be fired upon.

Wait, apparently I already voted for him, but forgot. Oh well.

HOLY SHIT KILL KILLING_YOU!

I know there is a Heavy Tank on the field and this guy just claimed to be a vehicle killer. Since we know there is a town vehicle, a vehicle killing role is most likely mafia. Kill / lynch the fuck out of this guy! If he was mafia, this would also explain how he could "block" Mojoman whilst still being a vehicle destroyer.

##vote Killing_You

By the way, for those of you still trying to figure out my "gimmick", you really are wasting your time. I think I more than told you enough about it before and you accepted it then. Still, if we must, I'm still ok with the idea of being lynched. I do not want to be fired upon.

Wait, apparently I already voted for him, but forgot. Oh well.

1) Explain how you know of a Heavy Tank.

2) Explain your role in its entirety.

Edit to 1: Explain yourself re: the Heavy Tank, even though you implied there was no doctor/protection role on the Soviet team.

Because I'm the fucking War Factory! I MADE the tank! And the person who has it has greatly disappointed me in his arguments today, because I thought he'd get the hint! He should consider me as clear as Chaos is right now. And yes, naturally that would be why I'm totally not concerned about getting lynched, because I can't be!

By the way, if I'm going to reveal that much I may as well reveal the "gimmick". Taking "forced voting" to another level, I must maintain a cumulative vote total higher than anybody else, with a risk of a penalty effective after Day 1. Thus, the rush to get more votes out on Day 1, and the relative lack of votes since then as I don't have much to worry about given my established lead. Except for someone spamming votes to get ahead of me, which would stand as a very public attempt on my life.

Edit to mafia edit: I said there is likely not a doc role, as in the literal Medic role the mafia has. I didn't consider the Heavy Tank to be a doc role but instead more like a role that hands out temporary BP, but I guess it works the same way if I think about it. If you thought it was a contradiction that a Heavy Tank was a doc role and I'm saying there isn't a town doc role, why didn't you mention it before? And besides, since I hadn't made the tank yet, even if it is a doc role, there wasn't one when I said it, because I hadn't produced it yet.

By the way, Chaos, do you receive any indication that your target accepts or denies the role? I think my target accepted the role, but I couldn't accept yours, so it would be good to know if you can tell.

So you produced the tank Night 2, after Isaac was lynched and the visceroids were discovered. And judging by your post where you say "ChopBam, take the shot", I assume you gave the tank to him. The only thing I don't get is why a War Factory even has a voting gimmick like that. Looks like ChopBam will have to confirm or deny your role. Even then, it's still odd that Allies, if they existed, would only be given one vehicle killer with only one shot (because if they had multiple, then they'd be using them left and right). A vehicle-producing role makes town OP...if the War Factory is town.

I'll play your game for a bit. Let me assume that the Allies are in this game after all. There were no nightkills for two nights straight. Why? Well, I imagine buildings can't make nightkills--they can't move unless Vertigo went all Monster House on this game. But a War Factory that produces vehicles that provide a ##shoot command during the day? An Allied War Factory could produce a medium tank for the fellow scum buddy, thus enabling them to kill. The question is, what role is ChopBam when he doesn't have a vehicle?

I admit it's far-fetched and crazy, and I myself think it's nuts. But it's the only one that makes 100% sense to me. That is, if you're not actually a cult leader like I suspect you are.

Mafia edit: My questions to the theory.

1) What role is ChopBam when he doesn't have a vehicle?

2) Did Cat5 produce a vehicle Night 1? If not, what happened?

1) Don't know that. Also I'm not confirming ChopBam as the target because it would be stupid to call this out publically. Are you fucking stupid, or part of the mafia team? You did this with the guy who actually turned out to be the cop, too.

2) No. I can't use it every night and I decided to wait one night so that I could feel more confident in my choice.

May I remind you that the cop was on the lynch table? I had to out him to get Isaac lynched. As for ChopBam, anyone with eyes can put two and two together. There are only six of us left and a trend of no nightkills. Hiding roles is a moot point now when it's more important to put the puzzle together. You insist there's a mafia team. Why?

Okay, now I'm confused as all hell.

If he was mafia, this would also explain how he could "block" Mojoman whilst still being a vehicle destroyer.

Or maybe I can do it as town, too. Someone did correctly call my role, after all.

So that leaves us with, what? No leads, no suspects, possibly no cultists, yet the game is still going. My brain hurts.

We need ChopBam's story before going further. Without that, Cat5 is either a cult leader or an Allied War Factory. It's difficult to believe that a Soviet War Factory would exist and have vehicle producing capability--it's dependent on Allies being able to kill vehicles as well as the Factory, and is also now dependent on Killing_You being an Allied Rocket Soldier. It's too circumstantial. That's also ignoring the fact that Chaos_Knight is cleared and Killing_You is a shocktrooper. You want to imply they're a team? It's the only way this theory doesn't work.

Because it doesn't make sense that there isn't one. Indeed, just a moment ago you were saying this game was balanced against town, now you think the town is OP. What if it's both? What if there really is a scum team, a third party team, and also a town that is particularly powerful? I also think that it is possible that the roles that Chaos and I hand out are actually what makes the mafia team capable of making kills if we hand them to the wrong people.

Killing_You, did you accept Chaos's invitation. Yes or no.

I said town would be OP if there were a Soviet War Factory given the events in the game. Moreso if mafia are entirely dependent on you two, two of the smartest people playing mafia here and at BHP, to hand them weapons.

Yes it does, because it's too outlandish. I daresay it competes with iLTS's roleplaying mafia game where the scumteam "won" only to be destroyed by crazy overpowered gimmicks that were dependent on mafia knowing what was going on and playing their cards to a T.

I'll try from the other direction. Since there is a Heavy Tank on the field, how would it make sense for town to have the tank destroyer role? One that also roleblocks supposedly.

This IS an outlandish game! We've been in crazy town for the last two days!

Also, I'll point out that the standard vehicle destroyer role can also roleblock but can do so every turn (but only to vehicles). If Killing_You is that role, he couldn't roleblock Mojoman, but a conversion attempt would still fail if he was also mafia, and we at least know he isn't a visceroid.

One thing's for sure: We've been played for fools and run around in circles left and right. But by whom? The only problem I see with the Cat5 being an Allied War Factory is we would've likely had a nightkill by now. Unless he had to convert town to scum, and he waited until Night 2 to make his decision. But that seems a bit farfetced, to be honest.

I'll try from the other direction. Since there is a Heavy Tank on the field, how would it make sense for town to have the tank destroyer role? One that also roleblocks supposedly.

I don't know, but that is the case. Unless, of course, scum have to trick town into shooting town somehow.

This IS an outlandish game! We've been in crazy town for the last two days!

You got that right.

Have to confirm there is one on the field, courtesy of ChopBam. But until then, I'll consider it. That's a good point.

Mafia edit: Didn't see Cat5's edits. That's correct--if Killing_You is the standard vehicle destroyer, he could not have roleblocked Mojoman, who is not a vehicle, and is also not scum since cultists cannot convert scum. Thus, he is most likely the Shocktrooper. This lends more credit to my theory.

Also, I'll point out that the standard vehicle destroyer role can also roleblock but can do so every turn (but only to vehicles). If Killing_You is that role, he couldn't roleblock Mojoman, but a conversion attempt would still fail if he was also mafia, and we at least know he isn't a visceroid.

Well I'm a nonstandard role, which I'm sure is a shocking revelation. Perhaps you need to calm down and drink some juice. If there is a heavy tank, they'll certainly need a jump. Yes, indeed. Unfortunately, I'm no longer fully charged. Of course, let's dance around the issue at hand here. Or we can make the allies extra crispy. Let's try to put their lights out. And then sing, "Burn, baby, burn!"

If I was an Allied Warfactory, I'd be an unlynchable scum. Let that sink in for a minute.

Maybe that's what the Barracks is for? But that is a valid concern.

And then, you're waiting for my target to clear me by saying "yes, I got it" as the only thing that clears me. But I've got to say, there is a glaring problem with that. If I were an Allied Warfactory, I would give my tanks to other Allies. My target (or anyone on my theoretical team, really) would naturally say "yes, I got it" and suddenly I'm clear. Your supposed need for somebody to speak up to clarify that he received what I said I handed out doesn't actually determine what side I'm on!

But I don't think you care about that! You just want to know who it is so that you can kill him!

It doesn't make logical sense other wise!

And then, you're waiting for my target to clear me by saying "yes, I got it" as the only thing that clears me. But I've got to say, there is a glaring problem with that. If I were an Allied Warfactory, I would give my tanks to other Allies. My target (or anyone on my theoretical team, really) would naturally say "yes, I got it" and suddenly I'm clear. Your supposed need for somebody to speak up to clarify that he received what I said I handed out doesn't actually determine what side I'm on!

But I don't think you care about that! You just want to know who it is so that you can kill him!

It doesn't make logical sense other wise!

No it doesn't. His confirmation would only put to rest the battle between you being a cult leader vs. you being scum. If he confirms he received it, then you're not a cult leader. However, it will not confirm you're town.

Do not make the mistake of thinking I write my posts without purpose.

Mafia edit: Suitable background music

I don't even need a minute. We all have (had) guns. Nodlied can probably still shoot you tomorrow assuming he isn't somehow killed.

And hey, if need be, we can always find out if your vote gimmick is legit.

Isn't that just as shaky is saying that it's OP for town to have a War Factory without much chance to kill it? (Which we don't know how well they can compete with that)

If I'm an Allied Warfactory, you could use all your guns, lose Chaos to anything so you can't get any more, and now you can't win. Period.

Except there have been no nightkills thus far. I trust Vertigo to know what he's doing when he assigns roles. Allies have fewer...*ahem*...allies than town. It's easier for town to find and kill a scum factory than it is for scum to find and kill a town factory.