[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Right on the money friends, but rather than get the hammer while I'm away without fighting, let me take a nibble at an enemy to us all...

##BITE Nodlied

Confirm for us: what was your role before you became a visceroid?

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 21 hours, 7 min, 27 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Mojoman

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted nobody

Jeod voted Mojoman

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

2/7 votes casted so far

Mojoman has the most votes - 2

##vote Mojoman

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Mojoman to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 18 hours, 46 min, 56 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted Mojoman

Jeod voted Mojoman

Killing You voted nobody

Mojoman voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

3/7 votes casted so far

Mojoman has the most votes - 3

##shoot Mojoman

[battle Action] ChopBam is attempting to shoot Mojoman - please STANDBY for result !

[battle Action Result - SUCCESS] ChopBam shoots and kills Mojoman, the Visceroid!

LzzQxFx.png

It seems you have also found a shotgun in the bio material left from the corpse.

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 18 hours, 43 min, 39 sec

CVC:

ChopBam voted Mojoman

Jeod voted Mojoman

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

3/6 votes casted so far

##vote Nodlied

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Nodlied to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 17 hours, 55 min, 37 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

ChopBam voted Nodlied

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

1/6 votes casted so far

Nodlied has the most votes - 1

I don't think Nodlied is a valid target, at least not for that reason.

The shotgun implies the Starshina role, which he should have lost when he was apparently converted. He would have been able to investigate his target on Night 1, but would not have been able to use it Night 2. Given that he already claimed to investigate Killing_You, this rules out him finding Nodlied to be mafia on either night. Furthermore, since he also apparently never investigated himself, we can't know which version of the Starshina we are looking at. If Mojoman was sane, Killing_You is either town, or a Allied Spy. If Mojoman was insane, Killing_You would be mafia, but not an Allied Spy. Mojoman might have also been planning ahead, using his cop claim to clear a future target to convert, and may or may not have ever investigated him. In this case it is possible that he marked Nodlied as mafia, but again we don't know what version of the Starshina we have, where Nodlied could be mafia, but not an Allied Spy, or town. I guess we could confirm that Nodlied is not an Allied Spy in that case. The most safe conclusion to make is that Mojoman and Nodlied were not on the same team when he made that bite action, so Nodlied is not also a visceroid. Probably.

HOWEVER. There is a potential contradiction up there. Based on what I seem to recall from previous games, players who were visited by a Starshina were told about the visit in a result PM. If he investigated Killing_You, Killing_You should have been able to confirm that during Day 2 and he failed to do so. Indeed, he claimed the opposite. This means either Mojoman or Killing_You have lied about this. (Or I'm wrong and Starshina's don't reveal the fact that they visited. Other vets should be able to confirm or deny this). Nodlied should also have known this if he was investigated on Night 1, and I don't think he ever said anything of the sort. I will be rereading that day to see if I can find any signals like that.

Going forward, my top suspects are Killing_You, Jeod, and Wallywood.

##vote Killing_You

Now I'd like to point out that we have a damn serious problem D:

Isaac was apparently the "original one" alright. And Mojo was converted (RIP). Why is that a problem you may ask? The problem is both Isaac and Mojo flipped as the same role. "The viceroid". Isaac wasn't a "Large viceroid" or "Viceroid prime" or anything like it. This heavily implies that there's no cult "leader" in the viceroid group so as long as there's at least one of them alive, it can convert more people, and said people can convert more people.

This shapes up to be literally the worst case scenario mafia game can have with a cult group.

Also

(Or I'm wrong and Starshina's don't reveal the fact that they visited. Other vets should be able to confirm or deny this).

As far as I remember I wasn't ever searched by a Starshina but when the doge sniffed me out last game, I got a report about that. So did Voe.
Idk if this helps.

If there is another visceroid, it's probably Killing_You or Nodlied. Killing_You because Mojoman tried to clear him in advance, (which never made sense as a town cop move, so it seems like a gambit to me), making him a pretty good target to pick up if we actually believed his claim, or Nodlied because the use of his action could just a ruse to make us think that Nodlied isn't teamed with Mojoman. It didn't really hurt Nodlied in any real way.

By the way, we can't forget that scum failed to kill again. I think we are looking at crazy land solutions to that problem. 1) Scum can't kill until or unless something happens (currently thinking it may be related to a town role action!), or 2) Wallywood is the only mafia player, or 3) There isn't a scum team.

Mafia edit: 2) Wallywood is the only mafia player [who can kill], or 3) There isn't a [mafia] team

Yea, with the self-replicating viceroid infestation we have, I am quite inclined to believe that allies either aren't there or can't act until something special happens.

Otherwise town would've been screwed from the get go, and we aren't playing Kamuixmod or ILTS mafia.

Oh and don't forget that:

Scum NK = -1 town

Cult conversion = -1 town +1 cult

So cult would outnumber town nearly twice as fast.

Now let's add that every viceroid seems to be able to "bite" which blocks both voting and actions so they can literally not only get the majority faster, they can turn the close game into their own majority.

Urgh, hard to explain but I hope I made my point.

In such scenario adding also scum would really feel like an extra nail to town's coffin.

##vote Killing_You

[Vote Counted] Category 5 Hurricane voted Killing You to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 12 hours, 15 min, 41 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Killing You

ChopBam voted Nodlied

Jeod voted nobody

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

2/6 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (1 each)

Seems too unbalanced to have scum and cult in the game, I agree. Plus, with only Cat5, Chaos, ChopBam, myself, Nodlied, and Wallywood left after Killing_You (who I also agree on lynching due to Mojoman's investigation soft), I'm even further inclined to believe it. It's hard to scumread any of you after the game's events so far.

By the way, as shown by the random shotgun lying around, Visceroids can't shoot. I did at the start of the day, in case you're wondering if I got attacked last night.

##vote Killing_you

Mafia Edit: Hard to scumread anyone except Wallywood, that is. He's my prime scumspect if there are scum since Vertigo has been trying to replace him "urgently".

HOWEVER. There is a potential contradiction up there. Based on what I seem to recall from previous games, players who were visited by a Starshina were told about the visit in a result PM. If he investigated Killing_You, Killing_You should have been able to confirm that during Day 2 and he failed to do so. Indeed, he claimed the opposite. This means either Mojoman or Killing_You have lied about this. (Or I'm wrong and Starshina's don't reveal the fact that they visited. Other vets should be able to confirm or deny this). Nodlied should also have known this if he was investigated on Night 1, and I don't think he ever said anything of the sort. I will be rereading that day to see if I can find any signals like that.

I never received anything to suggest I was investigated on N1. However, I did get something else, more on that later down the line.

Now I'd like to point out that we have a damn serious problem D:

Isaac was apparently the "original one" alright. And Mojo was converted (RIP). Why is that a problem you may ask? The problem is both Isaac and Mojo flipped as the same role. "The viceroid". Isaac wasn't a "Large viceroid" or "Viceroid prime" or anything like it. This heavily implies that there's no cult "leader" in the viceroid group so as long as there's at least one of them alive, it can convert more people, and said people can convert more people.

This shapes up to be literally the worst case scenario mafia game can have with a cult group.

This is what I'm worried about. If we'd be working soly on lynches, then we'd always have at least one visceroid. However, since most people tend to be able to shoot during day time, there may be a sollution to this all.

If there is another visceroid, it's probably Killing_You or Nodlied. Killing_You because Mojoman tried to clear him in advance, (which never made sense as a town cop move, so it seems like a gambit to me), making him a pretty good target to pick up if we actually believed his claim, or Nodlied because the use of his action could just a ruse to make us think that Nodlied isn't teamed with Mojoman. It didn't really hurt Nodlied in any real way.

By the way, we can't forget that scum failed to kill again. I think we are looking at crazy land solutions to that problem. 1) Scum can't kill until or unless something happens (currently thinking it may be related to a town role action!), or 2) Wallywood is the only mafia player, or 3) There isn't a scum team.

Mafia edit: 2) Wallywood is the only mafia player [who can kill], or 3) There isn't a [mafia] team

Well, I do not suspect #1 to be the case. If that was actually the case, people would have come out telling everyone who they blocked/protected/jailed, etc. IIRC, Isaac did that on D2, yet he turned out to be a Visceroid and nobody else did such a thing today.

Also, whatever happened to your gimmick? :v

Yea, with the self-replicating viceroid infestation we have, I am quite inclined to believe that allies either aren't there or can't act until something special happens.

Otherwise town would've been screwed from the get go, and we aren't playing Kamuixmod or ILTS mafia.

Scum NK = -1 town

Now let's add that every viceroid seems to be able to "bite" which blocks both voting and actions so they can literally not only get the majority faster, they can turn the close game into their own majority.

In such scenario adding also scum would really feel like an extra nail to town's coffin.

I understand your point, don't worry, it was clear enough. :v

Visceroids can apparently convert people really quickly. If we didn't catch Isaac on D1, we might have ended up with two conversions last night, which would have pretty much been GG. However, I have two theories that may work in favour of town.

1. Visceroids are made up of mutated humans/dogs/flesh/whatever, so fluff wise, they wouldn't be able to convert buildings. This would slow the conversion process to a more balanced level.

2. I received an invitation for Rifle Training on N1. I don't know what it does, but it is most likely a boost to our shooting capabilities, be it with increased accuracy or an additional shot.

Also, whatever happened to your gimmick? :v

Scum NK = -1 town

I understand your point, don't worry, it was clear enough. :v

Visceroids can apparently convert people really quickly. If we didn't catch Isaac on D1, we might have ended up with two conversions last night, which would have pretty much been GG. However, I have two theories that may work in favour of town.

1. Visceroids are made up of mutated humans/dogs/flesh/whatever, so fluff wise, they wouldn't be able to convert buildings. This would slow the conversion process to a more balanced level.

2. I received an invitation for Rifle Training on N1. I don't know what it does, but it is most likely a boost to our shooting capabilities, be it with increased accuracy or an additional shot.

Oops, posted too soon. Mafia edit:

1) That reminds me, Cat5, you said that something would happen if you were lynched/killed. You effectively claimed third party. Time to fess up, for the good of us all.

2) ChopBam, did you receive that shotgun as a second gun? i.e. Is your ##shoot command refilled?

3) Interesting. A gunsmith. That would add balance to the game. Any idea who it was?

##vote Killing_you

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Killing You to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 9 hours, 49 min, 29 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Killing You

ChopBam voted Nodlied

Jeod voted Killing You

Killing You voted nobody

Nodlied voted nobody

Wallywood voted nobody

3/6 votes casted so far

Killing You has the most votes - 2

New Forced Voting Rule:

Please be advised that forced voting is in effect - every player is required to cast at least one vote on other player during the day. You can still use ##unvote as usual, but at the end of the day you have to have a vote on other player, with or without reasoning. Voting on yourself doesn't count. If the hammer falls and you haven't got an active vote on someone, you will gain a penalty vote on yourself starting next day. These penalty votes do accumulate and continue each phase, so each day will start with the penalty votes already in place. GM reserves the right to remove penalty votes as he see fit due to balance reasons or risky player count (e.g. autohammer), but the only way to get rid of penalty vote is to announce your absence either by PM or public announcement before hand. If you gain more than one penalty vote, you can get rid of it by being very active during next day, or accepting a random gimmick (PM GM).

Or Maybe I need to learn to write :p

If Isaac started as a visceroid and converted Mojo Night 1, I don't think there will be anymore. I paralyzed Mojo last night, and we got rid of him today, so that takes care of that.

At this point, I have no idea who to suspect as scum.

Doublepost: Damn it, that should've been "any more." What is wrong with me today.

If Isaac started as a visceroid and converted Mojo Night 1, I don't think there will be anymore. I paralyzed Mojo last night, and we got rid of him today, so that takes care of that.

At this point, I have no idea who to suspect as scum.

Doublepost: Damn it, that should've been "any more." What is wrong with me today.

If you blocked Mojo last night then why was there no night kill? Who did you block N1? I have a feeling you're lying.

I didn't block anyone Night 1. I can only do so every other night, and I wanted to wait until I had some sort of lead. Mojo was top of my list. So there shouldn't be any more visceroids lurking around.

As for why there was no nightkill, I have no clue.

I received an invitation for Rifle Training on N1. I don't know what it does, but it is most likely a boost to our shooting capabilities, be it with increased accuracy or an additional shot.

I am not completely sure how it works either tbh.

Also KY is apparently yet another custom role. Since soviet blocker Cap can do so every night he wants.

If you blocked Mojo last night then why was there no night kill? Who did you block N1? I have a feeling you're lying.

Em, what is this supposed to mean?

How would blocking a viceroid make NKs happen? I honestly don't get it.

And yes, in case it wasn't clear enough, I am the one sending out these invites.