[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

And going back to that new scum line, does seriously nobody else find that odd? You can't meta-argue about Issac on a scum team from the point of view of "inexperienced scum team" unless you know that somebody new is scum. You can't know that somebody new is scum unless you are scum and it helps if you yourself are (relatively) new.

Even more so. Meta says exactly the opposite.

Last game the scum team was Voe (vet) and me (vet) so one couldn't even argue about "but there has to be at least one newbie there!". Because there wasn't.

I am not scum, in fact I am the reason why there was no night kill, but for reasons other than you think.

I feel like Nodlied is hiding something from everyone, but I will act upon him later.

Why wait? Why not defend yourself? If you truly are the reason there was no night kill, and you are town, let us know. You've been under the microscope for a while, and with Day 2 almost over, and with you on the chopping block, it's far too late for "I'll tell you later."

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] Isaac The Madd cancelled his/her vote on Jeod!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 5 hours, 29 min, 50 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Jeod

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted Category 5 Hurricane

Isaac The Madd voted nobody

Jeod voted Isaac The Madd

Killing You voted Isaac The Madd

Mojoman voted Category 5 Hurricane

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

6/9 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

So you bussed Mojo, who was already a scum suspect, and scum decided to ignore the heavyweights and go after Mojo, and you protected him. That doesn't seem likely.

However, if my suspicion of you and Mojo being a scum team is true, we're getting closer to something more plausible. You bussed him and he stole my ID. That's probably why nobody had anything of substance to report and why nobody died.

And then you unvote knowing that makes you just that much more likely to be lynched. Strange. I don't like it, but it seems we're almost done here.

Why wait? Why not defend yourself? If you truly are the reason there was no night kill, and you are town, let us know.

However, if my suspicion of you and Mojo being a scum team is true, we're getting closer to something more plausible. You bussed him and he stole my ID. That's probably why nobody had anything of substance to report and why nobody died.

You went after him because he didn't name specifics, and then after he named specifics, you went after him. Are you so sure you're on the right side here?

There are not doctor roles on town in this game (Medics are an Allied role, Jeod), so it is not possible that someone stopped a kill by healing the target

Cat5 was very certain the Soviets got no doctor role, and Isaac made this Soviet doctor ("defensive dog") claim. Cat5, as presumable town you should know that you don't know all the roles, so how were you so certain that there were no Soviet doctor roles?

Nodlied, what's with the obsession with Cat5?

My obsession with him is his behaviour, his strange way of acting and most certainly his ''meh'' attitude to being lynched, which is almost an invitation. Among that, he claims to have a gimmick but that ''gimmick'' only appears every so often. Besides that, the only reason (other than the entire Mojoman and Isaac thing) why I'm not voting on him is precisely because of that idea that he's inviting us to lynch him while being somewhat helpful. To put it shortly: I'm afraid that he's a fool.

Oh, and the following picture should remind you as to why I'm so hesistant to trust people who act like that.

__by_cratos100-d5is5y3.jpg

ChopBam's weird vote that caused a tie. I didn't find much in his posts that pointed to him townreading FRAYDO (may have missed it). Perhaps he just thought Mojoman was scummier.

I did think Mojo was acting scummier. I didn't have a townread on FRAYDO, but I figured it wasn't important to have a decisive lynch on D1, so I tied it up last minute to let the dice choose.

Just an FYI, don't vote for ties. Either vote on who you think is most likely scum or don't vote at all (not an option anymore, I know). Ties are only benifactory to scum.

Well I gotta put down the roleplay mantle for a minute here because I'm going to be indisposed for 12+ hours tomorrow and have to get to bed shortly.

About time you put down that roleplay mantle.

I can't in good conscious vote for Jeod. He has been weighing options and defending who needs defending. If he was scum I don't believe he would be giving this balanced of an approach to everyone.

I just honestly want to know what Cat_5 is, there's a fair chance I might get night killed and I just have to see what happens before that. I'm certain nothing bad will happen with a lynch attempt.

##Vote Cat_5

1. You still didn't answer my questions or explained your accusations.

2. You seem awefully sure that you will somehow get nightkilled while you are scumlead #1. Then again, should you be town, scum may just as well murder you to cause confusion.

3. Jeod is scummy as hell for loading all the saves he can get to protect your sorry ass.

Now, Mojoman hasn't confirmed or denied anything. Which is strange. Even stranger, he went on how Jeod is a nice person and everything even though he wasn't exactly in the crosshairs to say. Then he tossed another jab at Cat5 and left without saying much else.

This just doesn't glue together well.

Isaac is pretty defensive, understandably so considering him behind one of the top lynch targets. But how come he has no suspicion about anyone but Jeod? Unless he's afraid of confrontations and thus active discussions.

I'm starting to believe that Mojoman and Jeod are a team. Especially since Jeod is trying to save Mojoman while, as you said, Mojoman posts a small post that only contains an analisis about Jeod for no apparent reason.

Besides that, I'm still waiting for an explanation on that ''saving my hide on the last second'' vote on D1.

Anyway, that's one post, time to move on with another.

Why wait? Why not defend yourself? If you truly are the reason there was no night kill, and you are town, let us know.

You went after him because he didn't name specifics, and then after he named specifics, you went after him. Are you so sure you're on the right side here?

As outlined in that second post, his specifics didn't quite match with the situation. Why would he guard a scum suspect night 1, and why would scum go after someone under the microscope when we have heavyweights in play that could cause more of an issue for scum?

So you bussed Mojo, who was already a scum suspect, and scum decided to ignore the heavyweights and go after Mojo, and you protected him. That doesn't seem likely.

And then you unvote knowing that makes you just that much more likely to be lynched. Strange. I don't like it, but it seems we're almost done here.

Elaborate on the stolen ID thing. Did you receive a message stating something other than that you were simply visited?

I did think Mojo was acting scummier. I didn't have a townread on FRAYDO, but I figured it wasn't important to have a decisive lynch on D1, so I tied it up last minute to let the dice choose.

Just an FYI, don't vote for ties. Either vote on who you think is most likely scum or don't vote at all (not an option anymore, I know). Ties are only benifactory to scum.

This can't be universally true, because if it wasn't a tie, FRAYDO would have been decisively lynched anyway, and he turned over as town. If Mojo is scum as you suspect, then my vote for a tie in this case really wasn't baseless.

As outlined in that second post, his specifics didn't quite match with the situation. Why would he guard a scum suspect night 1, and why would scum go after someone under the microscope when we have heavyweights in play that could cause more of an issue for scum?

It's possible he's an erratic townsperson like yourself. Is it possible there are three scum? Or only two? If two, and Mojo and Jeod are teamed up (as Nodlied suspects), then Isaac is off the hook and just basically KY 2.0.

Can someone enlighten me on what exactly a Fool is/does? A third party who scatters confusion and wants to get lynched?

Elaborate on the stolen ID thing. Did you receive a message stating something other than that you were simply visited?

Maybe I haven't thought this through since I'm inexperienced. He said that I was town for "reasons he couldn't explain at the moment." For some reason, the only possibility that popped in my mind was that he took my papers or something. Nothing happened to me overnight, which I completely forgot to take into account.

I am not scum, in fact I am the reason why there was no night kill, but for reasons other than you think.

I feel like Nodlied is hiding something from everyone, but I will act upon him later.

I'm hiding something? Would you enlighten me as to what I'd be hiding? Where's your case? Oh, and when will you defend yourself against that last minute hide saving vote? Really, you're not out of my spotlights yet.

This can't be universally true, because if it wasn't a tie, FRAYDO would have been decisively lynched anyway, and he turned over as town. If Mojo is scum as you suspect, then my vote for a tie in this case really wasn't baseless.

I was refering to rules on mafia in general. There are always exceptions of course, but overal, ties help scum more than town. :v

Also, the thing that, for me, caused the most worry with the Tie was Isaac's vote on Fraydo to tie the game to try and save his hide.

It's possible he's an erratic townsperson like yourself. Is it possible there are three scum? Or only two? If two, and Mojo and Jeod are teamed up (as Nodlied suspects), then Isaac is off the hook and just basically KY 2.0.

Can someone enlighten me on what exactly a Fool is/does? A third party who scatters confusion and wants to get lynched?

It is always possible if there are three scum. It all depends on how Verti balanced the game. Meta can work to figure it out every now and then, but it can also horribly backfire. Try to look for all possible scenarios and work from there.

As for a fool, his/her win condition is to get lynched. Usually, this ends the game immediately. It's also a bastard role that usually ruins games.

MAFIA EDIT: Ninja'd by Jeod.

I am special kind of dog, not an attack dog, but I am town with defensive capabilities.

"The more unlikely and outrageous the lie is, the more likely people will believe it."

Is that what you are going for? Because such claim seems pretty... off. Not only that, but you targeted Mojoman who escaped the lynch only through RNG on D1. Why?

And not only this. Scum also targeted Mojoman for the reasons I honestly can't really comprehend. How convinient, isn't it?

Also, KY, as far as I am aware, spy stealing your identity isn't announced to you. So you can't be sure either way really.

Also, the thing that, for me, caused the most worry with the Tie was Isaac's vote on Fraydo to tie the game to try and save his hide.

How many times do I have to say I voted on Fraydo to break a tie, someone voted on Mojo and brought it back. I only had one vote on me anyways and they had two.

Ah cool. So we lynch Isaac today and Mojo the next day. Only question is, what do we do after that if it's not game over?

If Isaac turns up town, why would we lynch Mojo the next day?

As it stands and silly as it was, Isaac was the only person who gave a direct explanation for why there were no night kills. What are the alternative explanations? Cat5's crazy land?

The lack of an explanation from other people on what happened during the night is what's holding me back from voting Isaac. As an extension of that, it's also keeping me from voting Mojoman, since Isaac claims to have protected him. Cat5 is being suspected by several vets as a fool with a possible lynch-to-win condition, so it probably wouldn't be wise to lynch him. Wallywood is being most useless right now, and I would vote for him for funsies if Nodlied wasn't focusing so suspiciously much on D1 lynch votes by a potential KY 2.0.

##vote Nodlied

Even more so. Meta says exactly the opposite.

Last game the scum team was Voe (vet) and me (vet) so one couldn't even argue about "but there has to be at least one newbie there!". Because there wasn't.

I was actually sure there was going to be one new player on the mafia team and it's part of why I went after Killing_You so hard. After I started thinking that it was a 2 mafia game, I dropped the idea.

Cat5 was very certain the Soviets got no doctor role, and Isaac made this Soviet doctor ("defensive dog") claim. Cat5, as presumable town you should know that you don't know all the roles, so how were you so certain that there were no Soviet doctor roles?

I said later in the same post that it isn't likely there is a town doc role. I suppose it is possible, but it wouldn't fit the APB theme for a doc to be on town. Instead, I'd expect other types of defensive rolls, such as bodyguards or jailers, which can serve the same purpose in a pinch, even if they technically work differently.

If you were investigated by a role that checks your papers, you should have gotten a PM indicating that someone went through your things. You never said as much, so this is part of why I don't believe Mojoman.

As Jeod already pointed out, a classic fool role's goal is to get lynched. The classic version of this role would instantly win the game and end it. Versions of this role used on the APB forum just guaranteed victory for the fool and continued the game without him. I've always hated this role.

I don't think I ever clarified this point, but my role is not a fool. I won't win on lynch and it won't end the game. However, something will happen that makes getting lynched something I legitimately might want to have happen at some point.

I'm a little suspect on this sudden claim of Issac's that he stopped the kill when he said nothing of the sort until after I pointed out that nobody had said anything. I also don't believe he would choose his stated target to defend.

I also want to state here as I'm late to return to work, that I do not want to see a Mojoman lynch at this point. If his claim is true, we'll know it soon enough.

I don't think I ever clarified this point, but my role is not a fool. I won't win on lynch and it won't end the game. However, something will happen that makes getting lynched something I legitimately might want to have happen at some point.

But are you town? Would your getting lynched benefit the town, or just you?

##vote Nodlied

[Vote Counted] ChopBam voted Nodlied to be lynched!

##vote Nodlied

[Vote Counted] Isaac The Madd voted Nodlied to be lynched!

Time Left:

0 day(s) , 1 hours, 3 min, 41 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted Jeod

Chaos_Knight voted nobody

ChopBam voted Nodlied

Isaac The Madd voted Nodlied

Jeod voted Isaac The Madd

Killing You voted Isaac The Madd

Mojoman voted Category 5 Hurricane

Nodlied voted Mojoman

Wallywood voted nobody

7/9 votes casted so far

2 voted players are at a tie (2 each)

Now this is quite an interesting vote roll on Nodlied going though. I am still leaning towards voting for either Isaac or Mojo as neither of their claims make sense in my book.

A question to Vert: If everyone have casted their vote but nobody is over 50%, would that still hammer the day?

A question to Vert: If everyone have casted their vote but nobody is over 50%, would that still hammer the day?

If a majority vote of over 50% is cast on one person, then they will be lynched right then and there, no need to wait for the end of the phase.

AFAIK there's no rule here that would force hammer if there's no 50%+1 majority.

How many times do I have to say I voted on Fraydo to break a tie, someone voted on Mojo and brought it back. I only had one vote on me anyways and they had two.

I've looked it up. You're right that you broke the tie and only had one vote. My mistake. This does clear a bunch of my rambling.

Ah cool. So we lynch Isaac today and Mojo the next day. Only question is, what do we do after that if it's not game over?

If Isaac turns up town, why would we lynch Mojo the next day?

As it stands and silly as it was, Isaac was the only person who gave a direct explanation for why there were no night kills. What are the alternative explanations? Cat5's crazy land?

The lack of an explanation from other people on what happened during the night is what's holding me back from voting Isaac. As an extension of that, it's also keeping me from voting Mojoman, since Isaac claims to have protected him. Cat5 is being suspected by several vets as a fool with a possible lynch-to-win condition, so it probably wouldn't be wise to lynch him. Wallywood is being most useless right now, and I would vote for him for funsies if Nodlied wasn't focusing so suspiciously much on D1 lynch votes by a potential KY 2.0.

##vote Nodlied

As for the Isaac railroad, I cleared that one up above.

As for Mojo, I just don't buy his lack of contributions and unwillingness to actually state what had to be stated, wishing to stay about for some time before saying something. This combined with the effort to include Jeod (and only Jeod) as town in a post for no apparent reason while both of them are buddying up hard only furthers my belief that he (and Jeod) are scum.

As Jeod already pointed out, a classic fool role's goal is to get lynched. The classic version of this role would instantly win the game and end it. Versions of this role used on the APB forum just guaranteed victory for the fool and continued the game without him. I've always hated this role.

I'm a little suspect on this sudden claim of Issac's that he stopped the kill when he said nothing of the sort until after I pointed out that nobody had said anything. I also don't believe he would choose his stated target to defend.

I also want to state here as I'm late to return to work, that I do not want to see a Mojoman lynch at this point. If his claim is true, we'll know it soon enough.

While I've seen roles that somehow benifit from being lynched (I've had one in the past, but I turned into a cult leader), I'm interested in how this would unpack.

By the way, what happened to your gimmick?

I think nodleid might be scum and trying to confuse us into thinking otherwise.

##vote Nodlied

And there we go. ¬_¬

Again, provide reasons and arguments when voting, give reasons as to why your think I'm scum besides ''trying to confuse us into thinking otherwise''.