[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

Can you think of anything else that can refill infantry? Maybe a Supply Truck, but that probably wouldn't give accuracy bonuses. Either way, I'm pretty sure he's town, and we'll find out the specifics at the end of the game. For now, time to get scum hunting. We've zeroed in on one target, are there any more?

Of course he's town, and he's clear. If he says he's a Barracks, he's a Barracks. But think about it, look at the claimed roles we have for town so far:

A War Factory that produces heavy tanks and can change meager rifle soldiers into hardened vehicles. [Category5]

A Barracks that can give rifle training and allow any infantry with a gun to boost their accuracy. [Chaos_Knight]

A Shocktrooper that can paralyze players at night and has an advantage over vehicles during the day. [Killing_You]

Unknown [Wallywood]

Unknown [Nodlied]

Unknown [Jeod]

Combine this with visceroids, which I presume can only infect infantry roles. If this is all true, and if there are Allies in the game, then the visceroids were doomed to fail from the start. Additionally, we theorize that the Allies lack night killing abilities.

No matter what alignment you are, from a logical standpoint, it does not make sense for town to have all those roles. This is why my vote remains on ChopBam.

To further lend credence to my theory, I'll even claim. I'm the Flame Tower. You can lynch me if you're unsure, but you should be able to easily tell now why I'm so unconvinced about the town factory claim given the circumstances.

That would be true if there were a bunch of infantry units. The claims show this to be false. We have a claim for a factory that can change infantry units into vehicles (thus making them unconvertible). We have three buildings (a War Factory, Barracks and Flame Tower, all unconvertible). That's 3 roles to start with that can't be converted, in a game of nine players. If we suppose there are Allies in this game, we can add at least one, maybe two scum which are unconvertible.

That's 5 unconvertable roles in a 9 player game. Half of the roles can't be converted. Visceroids were doomed to fail.

The town factory claim is false.

Mafia edit: What of the "something will happen if I'm killed" thing Cat5 mentioned? A town role wouldn't have a death effect. Plus, if the War Factory is aligned with the Allies, that frees up a Soviet role that can be converted, which balances the game a bit more.

Bear with me here, I'm still trying to rap my head around this.

Buildings:

Jeod - Soviet Flame Tower

Category5 - Allied War Factory (?)

Chaos_Knight - Soviet Barracks

Vehicles:

ChopBam - Allied Tank (?)

That's four out of nine. It makes more sense if Category5 only delegates vehicle powers to other Allies, i.e. a partner.

Infantry:

Killing_You - Soviet Shocktrooper

Mojoman - Soviet Starshina

Nodlied - ???

Wallywood - ???

Third Party:

Isaac The Madd - Visceroid

If it looks like this, then Visceroids can eventually outnumber the 'unconvertibles' by one. Even then, though, it's still not balanced well because buildings are unlynchable and Infantry units are more likely to be lynched.

That's where I get confused. I believe Cat5 and ChopBam to be partners, but are they both Allies or is one a third party and one is a scum playing along?

That doesn't explain Mojo pointing fingers at Nodlied Days 2 and 3. Nor the mysterious lack of nightkills so far.

This game is one of the silliest things I've seen in a while.

I'd be a miracle worker if I could explain away everything. I'm not so sure Mojoman investigated Nodlied. I think he investigated you and scumread Nodlied. As for why he fingered Nodlied on Day 3 as well, maybe he still scumread Nodlied and wanted revenge. Only theory I can think of for that.

I'm pretty sure you get notified if you get records checked on you. I observed someone point it out with the first game, and I can confirm I didn't have records checked on me.

The scumread theory makes a degree of sense. However, this also implies that he checked records on someone else and never reported on it, which is a possibility I haven't considered. But now we're back to square one.

To me there are two options: lynch Cat5 and see if his building claim is true. Or, and this is the better option, lynch ChopBam and see if he flips Heavy Tank. If he does, we can confirm Cat5 that way.

The downside to lynching Cat5 is that even if his building claim is true, we still don't know the alignment or even if he is a war factory like he says.

If Allies do exist in this game, they must not have a nightkill ability. If they do, you're a roleblocker, which can help us find them. I'm also a Flame Tower--I incinerate scum when they visit me, so that ensures my survival.

A huge middle finger to our logic thus far would be if Wallywood was the lone Allied player (or the only one that could kill).

If ChopBam flips heavy tank and confirms Cat5, the only options I see for scum are Nodlied, Wallywood, and you. That makes it even less believable that Allies exist. We may have one more hostile third party to deal with and not actually have any Allies at all.

Alright, so the claims we have so far:

Cat5: War Factory.

Me: Gunsmith. I never said I am Barracks. Though I actually am to be fair, KY guessed it.

Chopbam: Heavy Tank.

Jeod: Flame(war) Tower.

KY: Shock trooper. And I guessed him. Funny. :p

Completely unknowns:

Nodlied

Wally "dtrngd" wood

Now, I guess it's only fair if Nodlied sheds some light upon himself? I gave him that trainig ticket after all.

Alright, so the claims we have so far:

Cat5: War Factory.

Me: Gunsmith. I never said I am Barracks. Though I actually am to be fair, KY guessed it.

Chopbam: Heavy Tank.

Jeod: Flame(war) Tower.

KY: Shock trooper. And I guessed him. Funny. :p

Completely unknowns:

Nodlied

Wally "dtrngd" wood

Now, I guess it's only fair if Nodlied sheds some light upon himself? I gave him that trainig ticket after all.

Haha, flamewar. I see what you did there. ;p

If Allies do exist in this game, they must not have a nightkill ability. If they do, you're a roleblocker, which can help us find them.

Erm... I can only roleblock every other night, and I used it last night, so hopefully nothing catastrophic happens tonight.

A huge middle finger to our logic thus far would be if Wallywood was the lone Allied player (or the only one that could kill).

Many tables would be flipped if that were the case.

Agreed.

Pluk damnit guys, the good stuff always happens when I'm off doing other stuff (like sleeping, or in this case, going out for dinner).

To further lend credence to my theory, I'll even claim. I'm the Flame Tower. You can lynch me if you're unsure, but you should be able to easily tell now why I'm so unconvinced about the town factory claim given the circumstances.

A Flame Tower? Really? Well that's just interesting. Because, you know...

... I had to autodecline the training ticked.

Maybe it's time for some simple math.

6 players left. 4 Soviets, 2 Allies.

Lynch ChopBam today, he flips Heavy Tank. 3 Soviets remaining, 2 Allies remaining.

Allies finally get the ability to NK since Viceroids are dead. They NK another Soviet player. 2 Soviets remaining, 2 Allies remaining.

As far as I know, if the team numbers are equal, the Allies win because they can no longer be lynched. We need to either lynch a building for confirmation or actually kill scum, and that needs to be our action today. We can't afford to lynch the Heavy Tank. Your pushing so strongly for this still makes me suspicious of you, because if I'm right with my mafia numbers and you get your way, the Allies win.

Maybe it's time for some simple math.

6 players left. 4 Soviets, 2 Allies.

Lynch ChopBam today, he flips Heavy Tank. 3 Soviets remaining, 2 Allies remaining.

Allies finally get the ability to NK since Viceroids are dead. They NK another Soviet player. 2 Soviets remaining, 2 Allies remaining.

As far as I know, if the team numbers are equal, the Allies win because they can no longer be lynched. We need to either lynch a building for confirmation or actually kill scum, and that needs to be our action today. We can't afford to lynch the Heavy Tank. Your pushing so strongly for this still makes me suspicious of you, because if I'm right with my mafia numbers and you get your way, the Allies win.

Alternatively, we lynch a building today. 4 Soviets, 2 Allies. Allies gain a NK ability since Visceroids are gone. Tomorrow we have 3 Soviets and 2 Allies, one confirmed building, and a fresh out of the factory Medium Tank which shoots a Soviet for the win.

Pluk damnit guys, the good stuff always happens when I'm off doing other stuff (like sleeping, or in this case, going out for dinner).

A Flame Tower? Really? Well that's just interesting. Because, you know...

... I had to autodecline the training ticked.

Care to hardclaim?

##vote Nodlied

Hard claim.

How about no. You're trying too hard. But as you seem to nudge people into believing people are scum, first Cat5 and Choppy and now me, I can't help but mention a pretty interesting error on your part.

For you see sir, you've been working your ass off trying to throw scumspicion onto Cat5 and later Choppy. You've even outed them as a scum team with such certainty from your point of view that you are now suddenly focussing on me. And if I were scum, Cat5 cannot be my partner due to the lack of tank delivery, nor can Choppy be it due to clearing suspicious as fuck Cat5. So who would I be scumbuddying up with? Especially after all that Cat5 and Choppy tryhard.

Granted, I do not fully believe Cat5's claim. But you sir are trying too hard, and having this many buildings in the game is something I do not wish to believe. So either Cat5 isn't what he tells us he is or you are the railroading scum of the game.

Actually.

##vote Jeod

I don't like the looks or smell of this at all tbh.

FT claiming FT is basically counterproductive to its very role.

I claimed to prove a critical point in my theory. Buildings cannot visit, so Cat5 would not be able to visit me. As all the visceroids are dead and there have been no nightkills, it seems moot to continue hiding when I can claim and back myself up.

About that. What Nodlied says is worth consideration. If all is said and done and he is scum, though, then I just have a reason to call out Vert for another weird role test at the expense of botched game balance. If you're a building, Nodlied, then you have no reason to fear the lynch, and since nobody would die, we the game would continue to the next day.

What's up with the bandwagons, seriously?

At this point, I've given up trying to make sense of the situation and I'm pretty much going with the flow.

I'm keeping my vote on Nodlied, unless he can say something to make me believe he's town. I don't need a hardclaim, but I'd like some info on his overnight activities. Sent and received, if that makes sense. Right now, I'm flip-flopping between Jeod and Nodlied, as they are the two most likely scum IMO. The Flame Tower hardclaim is a tough sell, but so is staying tightlipped when most of us are being transparent.

MAFIA EDIT: Actually Nodlied, I think I'm letting you off the hook for the moment. After rereading Jeod's posts very carefully, an interesting little tidbit came up:

I'm basing my arguments off of you possibly being a Flame Tower or a third party.

So if he suspected Cat5 of being a Flame Tower early on, then why did he later hardclaim Flame Tower?

To further lend credence to my theory, I'll even claim. I'm the Flame Tower

Why bring up someone else being a Flame Tower if you're one yourself? After all, isn't that thing limited to 1?

Explain yourself. I'm very close to putting my vote back on your head.