[Complete] RA:APB-themed Mafia game III

VERTi60

That is a possibility, hence the emphasis on "last resort option." Do you have another plan, or still working on one?

Mafia edit: Didn't see your last post there. Repairing the chronosphere sounds like a good idea, and an Engineer is available on the purchase list. It might also explain the lack of nightkills so far.

I'm heavy considering the possibility that fully repairing the Chronosphere (thus bringing it from 'damaged' to 'fully operational') is our winning ticket. There hasn't been another nightkill. We can be 95% sure that the Chrono Vortex spawned because Nodlied was a damaged chronosphere that was shot (and he might have been lynchable). An Engineer repairing him during the night phase would almost certainly bring him back to full health, and Nodlied wouldn't be able to do anything until the next night. We would have one day where we could shoot him to finish him off, regardless of whether he becomes fully repaired.

I want some thoughts on this. Does it sound feasible? If we lynch either KY or Moonsense, we lose our opportunity to test this, since one of them needs to be an Engineer and the other a Sniper to guarantee a good shot.

I'm starting to think that's what needs to happen. As a matter of fact, here's what I think has been going on this whole time:

-Nodlied was the only scum.

-Nodlied couldn't chronoshift anyone while visceroids were in play.

-Nodlied started damaged, and would win if a Chrono Vortex was created and not stopped.

-Town goal is to fix the Chronosphere and kill/lynch it the next day.

Thus our plan is to have Wallymoon become an Engineer (as I am already a sniper), have him golden wrench Nodlied, and then I shoot him. If I miss, we lynch to be sure. If lynch fails, I reload and shoot again. And thus...

##vote nolynch

I'm starting to think that's what needs to happen. As a matter of fact, here's what I think has been going on this whole time:

-Nodlied was the only scum.

-Nodlied couldn't chronoshift anyone while visceroids were in play.

-Nodlied started damaged, and would win if a Chrono Vortex was created and not stopped.

-Town goal is to fix the Chronosphere and kill/lynch it the next day.

Thus our plan is to have Wallymoon become an Engineer (as I am already a sniper), have him golden wrench Nodlied, and then I shoot him. If I miss, we lynch to be sure. If lynch fails, I reload and shoot again. And thus...

##vote nolynch

Can't nolynch due to penalty. Vote Chaos Knight, Category5, or me.

##unvote

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

If we go through with this plan:

1) Chaos Knight offers Moonsense a package tonight

2) Moonsense becomes an Engineer

3) Killing You tracks Moonsense to make sure he is an Engineer (I assume the Sniper would know if Moonsense takes an action to become a role)

4) The next day, depending on Chrono Vortex events, we lynch a building player again

5) Moonsense uses Engineer power to revive Nodlied

6) Killing You does not need to track Moonsense unless he was not able to see if Moonsense chose the Engineer class (i.e. was only shown that Moonsense was choosing a class, but not shown which class it was)

7) The next day, Killing You shoots Nodlied

8) ???

9) Profit!

1) Chaos Knight offers Moonsense a package tonight [Vortex reaches Isaac's grave]

2) Moonsense becomes an Engineer

3) Killing You tracks Moonsense to make sure he is an Engineer (I assume the Sniper would know if Moonsense takes an action to become a role)

4) The next day, depending on Chrono Vortex events, we lynch a building player again

5) Moonsense uses Engineer power to revive Nodlied [Vortex reaches Mojoman's grave]

6) Killing You does not need to track Moonsense unless he was not able to see if Moonsense chose the Engineer class (i.e. was only shown that Moonsense was choosing a class, but not shown which class it was)

7) The next day, Killing You shoots Nodlied

8. ???

9) Profit!

Edited for Vortex movements.

Sounds good to me, although I can only track every other night. Not that it matters, anyway.

So you cannot track Moonsense tonight to be sure that he chooses Engineer? If that's the case, you'll need to track him on step 6. If he's scum and doesn't choose Engineer, then we can shoot him or lynch him if he makes a nightkill.

Verti, since we're at a low player count, can we move to 24 hour days after today?

I guess there's no need since we can always hammer nolynch. I was concerned there would be too much wait time if we went with this plan.

Now now now.

Since we indeed have an engineer role which can bring back structures, why not reveal who Jeod really is to clear up the confusion?

KY can snipe him, and if he's really FT, we can proceed with the suggested plan with one extra step of me giving an training ticket for someone to first bring Jeod back and then try and repair Nodlied.

After all, it seems that we have time.

Now now now.

Since we indeed have an engineer role which can bring back structures, why not reveal who Jeod really is to clear up the confusion?

KY can snipe him, and if he's really FT, we can proceed with the suggested plan with one extra step of me giving an training ticket for someone to first bring Jeod back and then try and repair Nodlied.

After all, it seems that we have time.

Unfortunately that won't work. ChopBam never actually died. He was chronoshifted away. The Vortex will use two spaces, Isaac and Mojoman, to arrive. Two spaces is what we need to execute this plan. If we shoot me first, then we need an extra few steps to refill for KY and Moonsense. By then, the Vortex will be here.

Also, Nodlied will not have time to react once brought back. He will not have a night phase. If you look at who will be alive:

Cat5

Killing_You

Chaos_Knight

Moonsense

Jeod

Nodlied

There is no way for scum to manipulate votes even if Nodlied is brought back. And since KY must shoot Nodlied the day he is brought back, he will be lynched if he does not, which means Moonsense will be left to become a Sniper during the night and shoot Nodlied the next day. However, that will give Nodlied a night phase to act.

We must be absolutely sure that KY is town if we go through with this.

I'm OK with the idea.

I think Nodlied didn't do nightkills either because of the Visceroids stopping him, or because he needed charge-up time to activate (due to being damaged or just simply).

KY can't watch me when getting Engineer this night but can watch me next night when I'm using it to revive the Chronosphere.

If Cat5 and Chaos_Knight don't oppose, I'll also vote nolynch to hammer it.

That's quite literally 1 extra night really.

We have 2 or 3 "ticks" left.

So

N5 - Engie for KY/Moon

D6 - NoLynch (-1 tick)

N6 - Rep You

D7 - NoLynch (-1 tick)

N7 - Rep Nodlied

D8 - "OMG Vortex is almost here" Lynch (cap) Nodlied.

Though admittedly in RA vortexes didn't disappear because of operational Chronosphere to begin with really.

I'm OK with the idea.

I think Nodlied didn't do nightkills either because of the Visceroids stopping him, or because he needed charge-up time to activate (due to being damaged or just simply).

KY can't watch me when getting Engineer this night but can watch me next night when I'm using it to revive the Chronosphere.

If Cat5 and Chaos_Knight don't oppose, I'll also vote nolynch to hammer it.

Wait until Cat5 gets here at least.

Early hammer is of no good to us.

And after all, Jeod. A small sacrifice for the motherland maybe? :p

We can't risk bringing back revealed scum for a quite implausable plan after all without making sure everyone's on the same page.

Then again, it's all up to KY and his rifle really. And RNGesus. Never forget RNGesus.

I don't feel comfortable taking the shot if this engie plan has a chance to work. I say we do the repair the chronosphere plan, and only if that doesn't result in a game-over do we take out scum.

Also, Chaos, the golden wrench is one-time use. You need an extra night for refilling moonsense.

I don't feel comfortable taking the shot if this engie plan has a chance to work. I say we do the repair the chronosphere plan, and only if that doesn't result in a game-over do we take out scum.

Also, Chaos, the golden wrench is one-time use. You need an extra night for refilling moonsense.

Correct. We don't have time to test it on me. I've already given several reasons I can't be scum, as has Cat5. I'm 99% sure this is what needs to be done.

KY, the whole reason for repairing the chronosphere is to see if it gets rid of the Vortex. I can't think of any other way to beat it, and it's less likely that there's a scum left. When Nodlied comes back, he must be shot immediately regardless of if it stops the Vortex.

Well I have a total of 10 tickets. I only gave 4 so far. So we are good.

Not sure about the time limit but I think we'll have an extra day right after the final (Mojo) grave will be struck.

Since:

N5 - Engie ticket

D6 - Isaac grave

N6 - Rep Jeod + 2nd ticket

D7 - Mojo grave

N7 - Rep Nodlied

D8 - PROFIT I guess?

I guess we don't have time to try lynching Nodlied first before shooting him, as then he could do a nightkill, right?

Right.

Chaos, you would have to give two refills. One to Moon for another wrench, and one to KY for another gunshot. There is no time for that.

I'm about to get ready for my shift today, so I'll vote the nolynch.

##vote nolynch

KY, the whole reason for repairing the chronosphere is to see if it gets rid of the Vortex. I can't think of any other way to beat it, and it's less likely that there's a scum left. When Nodlied comes back, he must be shot immediately regardless of if it stops the Vortex.

That's what I meant. If repairing and shooting the Chronosphere gets rid of the vortex, but the game is still going, that is the grounds for resuming a scumhunt. Until then, I'll be acting under the assumption that this is what we need to do.

That's what I meant. If repairing and shooting the Chronosphere gets rid of the vortex, but the game is still going, that is the grounds for resuming a scumhunt. Until then, I'll be acting under the assumption that this is what we need to do.

We're on the same page at least. There is absolutely no risk on reviving Nodlied unless we take the extra steps required to shoot and revive me.

You have also noticed some strange phenomenon in close vicinity but it was still a bit far from the base this morning to do any harm. It looks like to be located where comrade FRAYDO was buried. Later in the day you've noticed that his grave was hit by a lightning. You have no idea what that means, or which gods comrade FRAYDO offended during his short life span.

The Vortx zapped FRAYDO's grave. I don't think that's simple flavor.\

QAJuRDV.png

##vote nolynch

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted No Lynch to be lynched!

##unvote

[Vote Cancel] Jeod cancelled his/her vote on Wallymoon715!

##unvote

##vote Cat5

[Vote Cancel] Killing You cancelled his/her vote on No Lynch!

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted Category 5 Hurricane to be lynched!

##vote nolynch

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted No Lynch to be lynched!

##vote nolynch

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted No Lynch to be lynched!

Time Left:

1 day(s) , 5 hours, 8 min, 5 sec

CVC:

Category 5 Hurricane voted nobody

Chaos_Knight voted nobody [penalty vote(s): 1]

Jeod voted No Lynch [penalty vote(s): 1]

Killing You voted No Lynch

Wallymoon715 voted Jeod

3/5 votes casted so far

1 voted player and no-lynch are at a tie (2 each)

Eh, newbies, newbies. Got played like a fiddle by Jeod, and nobody beats an eye. For what purpose? Heh, I guess I know.
Get those "NoLynch" votes away, and let's analyze the situation.

First of all.
Let's take a look on the source canon material known as CnC:RA1. Chrono vortexes appear after chronoshifting and are caused by faulty Chronosphere design. They move randomly and dissipate on their own after some time. Building Chronospheres, repairing Chronospheres, etc does not affect the vortex in any shape or form. Why? Because science I guess. Chopbam was shifted away. And since the CSphere was "damaged" I guess he got shifted to a place where sun doesn't shine. Forever. Vortex is a byproduct of using CSphere, not shooting it.

Now let's assume that Vortex happened because Nodlied died. Ok. So what's the solution? Capture him? I don't think that works since he'd just out his scum mate if he has one.

So the suggestion is to shoot him again. Didn't that exact thing cause the Vortex in the first place? No?

Secondly.

Let's take a look at our game. We aren't playing Dead Space RPG, THG or LOTR game with crazy stuff. It is also not a CYOR game with cyborg invasions. This is mafia. With scum, cults and townies trying to survive.

Bringing back scum in such a game feels... counterproductive to say the least?

And thirdly.

Let's take a look at Jeod.

Would I be afraid to die if I was just a flame tower? Esp. if I am in the town's grey area and was called out several times by 2 confirmed town roles AND under the condition they could bring me back? No.

If town wins, I still win. Even in death.

Instead he offers a giant potential waste of time AND bringing back a confirmed scum player to fix what appears one of Vert's "messing with the players" events.

And he's afraid to get shot even though his role in the grand scheme of things is... not exactly important. He fired his shot and outed himself as a FT so that scum won't ever visit him.

2 unlynchable scum? Well, who knows, maybe Nodlied was actually lynchable. After all, shooting him revealed that there was a 2nd option looking at the flavor text. 1 unlynchable scum in a game with an unlynchable gunsmith with benefits + 2nd unlynchable gunsmith making bodyguards? That could be a thing.

And let's not forget another elephant in the room with the suggested "Bring Nodlied back" plan.

We shoot, we... miss. Because RNGesus. Now what?