[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

38 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Apologies, I reread that and realized how very dick-ish I sounded. It wasn't your guys' intention for it to happen like this; we just have to work with what we got. Now I'm off.

No probs. It was a huge disaster after all :v

What we didn't account for... and what you don't seem to either is that switching people's night actions also causes re-rolls of flipped roles. And said re-rolls appear to be completely random from what I saw.

What part am I not taking account for? Jeod, Kamuixmod, and Chopbam are the only people who could possibly be R1 no matter what because OrangeP47 died N0 and I'm not fixing that for the plan, otherwise we'll go back to zero confirmed Rounders. Which tempts me to change the Option 001 B D-Mail to Option 002 B: ##D-Mail Chopbam N0 “VisitVoeN0VoteNodD1&OP47D3” Which would change it so that R1 would be Jeod still regardless of reverse causality, and gain us one more member for Time Machine use. And depending on if his PM was sent before either Misa or Voe, he could be the FGL Leader which would in turn bring Chaos_Knight in the lab as well.

The main reason Jeod was forced to be R1 initially was because you guys changed the D1 vote to Killius, which activated her Reading Steiner since her investigation on Jeod turned up as Organization. He wasn't just randomly flipped.

I'm so bloody confused but hey, apparantly I'm alive again. I guess. Also, what's up with all those operation *insert arbitrary name here* proposals? Why can't we just go back to the basics and go scum hunting in the classic sense of the word?

Voe, who did you investigate and who showed up as what faction?

Classic scum hunting doesn't work in quantum mafia, that's why. You could be trying to win for one side for a minute, but then the next, your goals are switched. Myself for case and point. Results don't tell much either since they're only used for Reading Steiner, they have no benefit otherwise. As of right now, there should be a 1/4 chance for anyone to be scum. But I am interested in who investigated who.

Alright, I again state that I think having Voe send ##D-Mail Chopbam N0 “VisitVoeN0VoteNodD1&OP47D3" would be our best option. The result would be me, Voe, Chaos_Knight, Sillius, and Chopbam being alive, with only one scum left (it shouldn't reroll R1 or R2 as we're not lynching other Rounders and we're not forcing anyone to be a Rounder with Reading Steiner). Of the people alive, at least 2 would be in the FGL, giving us another use for the Time Machine with the chance for 3 being in the FGL. It would also enable one of us to have Reading Steiner again. It couldn't be Chopbam, Voe or Chaos_Knight. So either Sillius or myself would have the opportunity to have Reading Steiner.

Also I investigated Voe and got Town.

And until Voe responds ##vote Voe

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Classic scum hunting doesn't work in quantum mafia, that's why. You could be trying to win for one side for a minute, but then the next, your goals are switched. Myself for case and point. Results don't tell much either since they're only used for Reading Steiner, they have no benefit otherwise. As of right now, there should be a 1/4 chance for anyone to be scum. But I am interested in who investigated who.

Technically, classic scum hunting should work. It is just limited to this day. And the investigation results do matter, you yourself have given the reason why.

2 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Technically, classic scum hunting should work. It is just limited to this day. And the investigation results do matter, you yourself have given the reason why.

I suppose, but one day is too short to truly scum hunt with the lack of information, which is why D1 is notorious for being the mess around day. But investigation results don't matter as of right now for proving who is or isn't scum since the person with Reading Steiner is already dead. 

##vote irishman

I'm the last person remaining in my doc, and since 2 scum are already dead I do not believe that using the time machine would ever be a good idea.

Only scum would suggest doing it right now, instead of trying to lynch the final one.

10 minutes ago, Voe said:

##vote irishman

I'm the last person remaining in my doc, and since 2 scum are already dead I do not believe that using the time machine would ever be a good idea.

Only scum would suggest doing it right now, instead of trying to lynch the final one.

:\ Only scum would recommend using the Time Machine? Okay say we mislynch today, if scum targeted someone other than who we lynched, we lose. Example, if you were scum, you would've killed CK for N4, lynched another for D5, then killed the last one for N5. We only have a 25% chance of getting the scum right now. You want to bet on those odds?

50 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

:\ Only scum would recommend using the Time Machine? Okay say we mislynch today, if scum targeted someone other than who we lynched, we lose. Example, if you were scum, you would've killed CK for N4, lynched another for D5, then killed the last one for N5. We only have a 25% chance of getting the scum right now. You want to bet on those odds?

25% is good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Voe said:

Also @Nodlied i got town on chaos_knight.

So did I on my second investigation. First one was organisation. Kinda want to know what people got on one another though. Haven't investigated any other living person other than myself, me being town.

4 hours ago, Voe said:

I'm ok with these odds.

4 hours ago, Nodlied said:

25% is good enough for me.

Alright, but I'm still leaning towards following Operation Ragnarok and voting Voe then. Although considering the odds, it's tempting to vote Chaos_Knight. But me voting for Voe is the most self detrimental vote I can do if I were scum, it'd give the living players another day to live and then they'd lynch me.

What happens depending on who's scum:

Chaos_Knight: We lose unless we vote him.

Nodlied: We gain another day to live if we vote Chaos_Knight

Voe: We might gain another day to live if Voe doesn't know how to use the Time Machine properly

TheIrishman: We gain another day to live if we vote Voe.

So actually I changed my mind ##vote Chaos_Knight since it'll give us better odds and if we were to trust Voe, he could potentially save us in case CK turns out to be Town and if time travel becomes no longer taboo for you guys.

13 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Alright, but I'm still leaning towards following Operation Ragnarok and voting Voe then. Although considering the odds, it's tempting to vote Chaos_Knight. But me voting for Voe is the most self detrimental vote I can do if I were scum, it'd give the living players another day to live and then they'd lynch me.

Chaos_Knight: We lose unless we vote him.

Nodlied: We gain another day to live if we vote Chaos_Knight

Voe: We might gain another day to live if Voe doesn't know how to use the Time Machine properly

TheIrishman: We gain another day to live if we vote Voe.

So actually I changed my mind ##vote Chaos_Knight since it'll give us better odds and if we were to trust Voe, he could potentially save us in case CK turns out to be Town and if time travel becomes no longer taboo for you guys.

You know, Irish. It's quite cute that you try to misrepresent the game mechanics to our fellow newcomers.

I am not scum today, and actually in the new time line I was sitting firmly as VT the whole time. But the thing is, someone would want to become scum and then somehow lock himself as one to win as Org. Until then, nobody is "confirmed scum" as we put it.
However, since my credit of trust to you here is sitting on firm 0 I have a strong desire to push for your lynch.

If you are scum, we win. You are not, I am cleared since I visited you after Jeod's death aka on N4.

However, before that I want to hear the answer from Voe as to when he checked on me last time.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Wait...what? How am I misrepresenting the game mechanics?

From your wording.

21 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

But nobody is "locked in" scum right now. And even more so, person who's scum today, might be VT tomorrow. Because RNG.

Another side note for ya.
If I was scum and wanted to win as one, I would've wanted to be lynched because I would've already won through reverse casuality (you die N4, Nodlied dies N5 and I'd be sitting 1on1 with Voe today which means automatic scum win at the day start before any voting can happen) but I am not. And I honestly don't think I want to win as Org.

I realize that the game won't actually end until we lynch the scum, but I'm saying if we don't lynch accordingly, regardless of who turns out to be scum, town will lose. Like if you turn out to be scum, you'll have killed me N4, killed Nod N5, lynched whoever D6, and killed whoever N6. I know that nobody is "locked in" until they are lynched. And no, you wouldn't win for a 1v1 vote since ties are broken through dead votes.

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

And no, you wouldn't win for a 1v1 vote since ties are broken through dead votes.

You are quite new to the Mafia thing, are you?
Scum don't need to win 1v1 vote, their objective is to have equal or larger amount of people than Town. Though we better ask Cat5 here tbh.

Chaos_Knight: We lose unless we vote him. Chaos kills TheIrishman N4, Nod N5, lynch D5, the remaining N6 if need be

Nodlied: We gain another day to live if we vote Chaos_Knight. Nod kills CK N5, lynch D5, the remaining N6

Voe: We might gain another day to live if Voe doesn't know how to use the Time Machine properly. Voe kills CK N5, lynch D5, the remaining N6.

TheIrishman: We gain another day to live if we vote Voe. Irish kills Voe N5, lynch D5, the remaining N6.

Is that a better clarification, Chaos?

Just now, Chaos_Knight said:

You are quite new to the Mafia thing, are you?
Scum don't need to win 1v1 vote, their objective is to have equal or larger amount of people than Town. Though we better ask Cat5 here tbh.

From my understanding, say this were a normal game and the only 2 left were scum and a vigilante, who would win? The vigilante if he still has a day kill. For this game, since there's still a way to kill the last scum, the scum must have more than town to win rather than having a tie (though I could be wrong, you're right this is only my 2nd game).

Hah! Town needs to eliminate the Organization. The Organization has it's own set of win conditions, but the exact details are hidden, only for Organization members to know. I will say that if the Organization outnumbers Town, they win outright. If they match town numbers, it's up in the air slightly. Generally, town will have a last-chance opportunity that they must use before that phase ends.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Hah! Town needs to eliminate the Organization. The Organization has it's own set of win conditions, but the exact details are hidden, only for Organization members to know. I will say that if the Organization outnumbers Town, they win outright. If they match town numbers, it's up in the air slightly. Generally, town will have a last-chance opportunity that they must use before that phase ends.

Thanks for the info.

That makes more sense. So Org has it's own hidden goals, heh. Curious.

Also when is hammer?