[GAME OVER - TOWN WINS]Steins;Gate - Quantum Mafia

Was anyone actually trying to go for mafia?

I'll admit, I was seriously considering it, which was why I was lurking a bit more (combined with some heavy side effects from new medication making me sleepy at random times of the day), but I never got a chance to 'spring' that move, never felt safe enough. I felt like the second I started pushing mafia I'd be spotted from a mile away.

The day irish revealed he was mafia we were trying hard to go for a mafia win. Somehow if you guys lynched him we would have won, and had backup plan with time machines in case. I'm guessing voe didn't send in his actions for whatever reason though (didn't want to win as mafia/time zones).

Org kind of got screwed because misa was a rounder nearly every stage of the game.

6 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Seems like whenever Jeod loses he claims the game/GM bad. I haven't got time to follow, and I know time machine/RNG style of games can pretty much end up random, but was it that bad? The game was based on RNG mechanics so do you really expected a "fair" win? :D

You shouldn't post an assumption like this without reading the game through.

Here is what Jeod did:

>Started the game as town

>Made extremely helpful town posts to guide players in the right 'town' direction

>Used every RNG night action available to him to roll for town each day/night

>Eventually became the cop role

>Realized that if he were lynched as a cop, only two players would remain who could possibly be scum, and one of them would have to be scum, guaranteeing a town win

>Willingly sacrificed himself when he wasn't on the lynch block at all at any time before then

>One of the two players who could end up scum became super salty and used time machine to try and pull a scum win

>Shenanigans ensued

>Somehow during town's use of time machine to try and correct/stop scummy player, Jeod became scum aligned

>Jeod is already dead but his alignment changed while he was dead, so he could do nothing about it

>Town goes "oh well", while super scummy player ends up being town in the end

>Jeod is super angry because of a loss he definitely did not deserve

For what it's worth, I thought the whole trying to save the scum and make them town at the expense of others was a bit dumb too. I was about at my wits end by the end of that sequence, but then was dead so didn't have the chance to really input further. While I wasn't happy following Jeod, that was more because he was being so towny early on I figured he MUST be hiding something. When following kamuix I was about 20x as unhappy and kind of regret that decision. Not saying it's a good excuse, but that time period was at the height of the side effects from these new pills, and I just didn't have the energy to resist.

@JeodDoesn't matter what you did, when the game is RNGed every phase like that from the get go, you can't expect that your actions will have any relevance in the end. This is why I am also not a big fan of such games but at least the randomness ensures  that nobody is safe of getting screwed in the end. Also I know how you reacted to the Staphlerfarher apb mafia and you're dong the same thing here :p

1 minute ago, VERTi60 said:

@JeodDoesn't matter what you did, when the game is RNGed every phase like that from the get go, you can't expect that your actions will have any relevance in the end. This is why I am also not a big fan of such games but at least the randomness ensures  that nobody is safe of getting screwed in the end. Also I know how you reacted to the Staphlerfarher apb mafia and you're dong the same thing here :p

Then it shouldn't have been RNG'd in such a way, otherwise player's actions and words mean nothing and there is no reason to play. In this case, I can 100% blame the GM who had equal complaints about your Staplefahrer game.

@Jeod But you didn't know what would happen in Staplerfahrer when you decided to lynch voe... Only few people know that I like to put a bait trap on him (esp. voe since he likes/requests it that way) so that he's not lynched D1 all the time (most notably in Death Space series). But here you knew from beginning about the RNG mechanics. You can blame the game still but in both cases it's the game's outcome that made you unhappy, not the actual game.

4 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

@Jeod But you didn't know what would happen in Staplerfahrer when you decided to lynch voe... Only few people know that I like to put a bait trap on him (esp. voe since he likes/requests it that way) so that he's not lynched D1 all the time (most notably in Death Space series). But here you knew from beginning about the RNG mechanics. You can blame the game still but in both cases it's the game's outcome that made you unhappy, not the actual game.

Correct. The mechanics had flaws, but the outcome is the source. I have to admit that if scum had won, I wouldn't have cared since I would have viewed it as justice for Irish pulling all his stunts. However, given my efforts (posted above) compared to the outcome, I have every right to be angry. Yes, I knew about the RNG mechanics. What I did not know was that my alignment could be changed after my death, and I also did not know that the rest of the players wouldn't care about it.

From an outsider's perspective, without having read the google docs, the information appears to show that town decided to try and "save" the scummy salty Irishman over me. I guess maybe he just threw the bigger temper tantrum.

So paradox worked out in our favor after all. We have successfully made R3 role impossible to exist. Hooray!

9 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The day irish revealed he was mafia we were trying hard to go for a mafia win. Somehow if you guys lynched him we would have won, and had backup plan with time machines in case. I'm guessing voe didn't send in his actions for whatever reason though (didn't want to win as mafia/time zones).

Org kind of got screwed because misa was a rounder nearly every stage of the game.

I was right, Irish DID try to kamikadze a huge chunk of alive players. Heheh. Nice try but no. :v 

Also, @Jeod. I can confirm that KMod's original plan was to make Irish and Misa/Retal the bad guys but he messed something up during the planning of Time Machine actions.
Tbh I suspected it might happen before the plan was resolved xD

On 13.06.2017 at 2:41 AM, Chaos_Knight said:

Kam is either a genius or a disaster creator.

Obviously you can see that it went to hell when KY got lynched D1 and flipped as RS during the time lines alterations. He never even said was had one back then. That locked you as Org and caused a massive reverse casualty. Once the dust had settled, and I found myself outside the lab and with none of the people from my crew alive, there was nothing I could change. Not even to try and break in the lab at night to use the Time Machine since I never even was in a lab in that timeline.
Even more so, I found myself with Mr I-wanna-be-the-bad-guy and 2 people with next to 0 understanding of game mechanics because they were either dead or near-AFK the whole game. And one of those 2 people had a solo control over the Time Machine. GG. I had no time/capabilities to alter the past at that point only to try and salvage what we had at hand.

24 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

When Irish kicked me out from the lab, on the very next night I used my Golden Upa to break into the lab and use a TM to make sure Irish was never a lab leader.
Should've probably put myself in the position of power though, rather than KMod. Oh well.

Well, with my plan, in the end, it would've enabled a scum win whether Voe, Retaliation, or myself were lynched. The reason why Chaos and Kam's Time Machine plan fell apart was because they changed Kamuixmod's vote to me before securing another vote towards me which put things to a tie and caused RNGesus to decide. And Jeod, you over exaggerated, I'm more salty about Voe being afk for his D-Mail than anything else. I was already thinking about being scum before you guys put me in that position. I had the idea of how to abuse the Time Machine and was kind of worried the scum would end up thinking of it too, but then I thought of how interesting it'd be if I ended up doing it and if it'd actually work. The game seemed almost over with barely anything of note happening, so why not liven it up? It couldn't really be a Steins;Gate game with only 2 Time Machine uses. Although my alignment choice probably seemed to be made from spite, it wasn't.

Edited by TheIrishman

3 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Well, with my plan, in the end, it would've enabled a scum win whether Voe, Retaliation, or myself were lynched. The reason why Chaos and Kam's Time Machine plan fell apart was because they changed Kamuixmod's vote to me before securing another vote towards me which put things to a tie and caused RNGesus to decide. And Jeod, you over exaggerated, I'm more salty about Voe being afk for his D-Mail than anything else. I was already thinking about being scum before you guys put me in that position. I had the idea of how to abuse the Time Machine and was kind of worried the scum would end up thinking of it too, but then I thought of how interesting it'd be if I ended up doing it and if it'd actually work. The game seemed almost over with barely anything of note happening, so why not liven it up? It couldn't really be a Steins;Gate game with only 2 Time Machine uses. Although my alignment choice probably seemed to be made from spite, it wasn't.

Your alignment is in your personality, then. At least you can see what I'm capable of when town--a relatively "boring" game, as you put it. Sadly, I did make a mistake. I knew during Day 4 that my having Reading Steiner and confirming you or Voe would mean kamuixmod would die N1. I remember reading that on the road and coming to that conclusion, thinking I'd have to set a counter-mail for it when I got home (the counter-mail being a replacement for kamuixmod's vote on D2 ad D3). I forgot to do so. If I'd done that, then I believe the game would have gone on as I'd planned with it ending on Day 5.

I think you, me, and Chaos_Knight did a pretty good job for town (until the end of D4 for me). I had like 10 pages in Word for our tables >.> and 5 pages of Time Machine usage and their potential results. I didn't think the game was boring at any point, but we never saw something truly exciting happen until I abused the Time Machine.

I just figured that multiple attractor field alterations were better for scum, and so chose to go for the "clean" route. I really put two-and-two together when Sillius mentioned she was Rounder 3.

Keep in mind that scum didn't seem to be doing much for a good portion of the game when you evaluate how boring the game was. Day 2 rounder doc literally has one comment in it.

Note: Have only been paying attention for the last half of the game

Overall, I think it was a pretty fun game. It had many ups and downs and twists and turns to it and definitely fulfilled it's design: quantum uncertainty. Though for players' peace of mind, hopefully the next time Cat5 hosts a game like this, he'll have all the kinks worked out. Even though those kinks helped me win.

Yeah, that's one of the problems with having roles you're not set on. It's hard to commit if you think it might end up working against you. Day 1 Rounder doc was also fairly simple, maybe a bit over a page. The Day 5 doc only really took form after everyone admitted who they were and committed.

Edited by TheIrishman

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I was going to wait until the next game when cat5 originally asked if I wanted to join.

Depending on when @Nodlied's 'July Crisis' game is, and depending on how my new job schedule works out (I start next Thursday), I may host a Back to Basics IV. Unless @VERTi60 has been secretly working on a top secret APB RPG V. :v

3 hours ago, Chaos_Knight said:

So paradox worked out in our favor after all. We have successfully made R3 role impossible to exist. Hooray!

I was right, Irish DID try to kamikadze a huge chunk of alive players. Heheh. Nice try but no. :v 

Also, @Jeod. I can confirm that KMod's original plan was to make Irish and Misa/Retal the bad guys but he messed something up during the planning of Time Machine actions.
Tbh I suspected it might happen before the plan was resolved xD

Obviously you can see that it went to hell when KY got lynched D1 and flipped as RS during the time lines alterations. He never even said was had one back then. That locked you as Org and caused a massive reverse casualty. Once the dust had settled, and I found myself outside the lab and with none of the people from my crew alive, there was nothing I could change. Not even to try and break in the lab at night to use the Time Machine since I never even was in a lab in that timeline.
Even more so, I found myself with Mr I-wanna-be-the-bad-guy and 2 people with next to 0 understanding of game mechanics because they were either dead or near-AFK the whole game. And one of those 2 people had a solo control over the Time Machine. GG. I had no time/capabilities to alter the past at that point only to try and salvage what we had at hand.

When Irish kicked me out from the lab, on the very next night I used my Golden Upa to break into the lab and use a TM to make sure Irish was never a lab leader.
Should've probably put myself in the position of power though, rather than KMod. Oh well.

But hey, technically speaking we won the game as soon as my time leap actions were sent in :p

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

How so? If Voe was lynched or he decided to target anyone else, Town would've still lost. And btw Kam, you didn't really fulfill your promise of making me town, you tried to kill me but failed xD so mean

What? pff no, i kinda made you good by making other people R1 and R2, even if by mistake. So i kept my promise.