[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

I have no problem abstaining from using it tonight. The caution comes from wanting to protect my source. Obviously, he's a tracker and therefore scum will want him gone asap. Surely you can understand the concept and reasoning behind my opinion regarding your hypothesis.

Just now, Jeod said:

I have no problem abstaining from using it tonight. The caution comes from wanting to protect my source. Obviously, he's a tracker and therefore scum will want him gone asap. Surely you can understand the concept and reasoning behind my opinion regarding your hypothesis.

But I already mentioned why it won't affect him. If he's a tracker, he can still track tonight. He might even be able to tell you the results, but you won't be able to post them until daytime. If not he might be able to tell you both results during the N3. Those are the only things that I could see being bad about it. It won't help narrow down who he is.

Alright, so tell me then how this hypothesis gives us an advantage over scum? Knowing whether night actions cause tension doesn't hinder scum in any way that I can see. Instead, it makes us more anxious about using our own.

Just now, Jeod said:

Alright, so tell me then how this hypothesis gives us an advantage over scum? Knowing whether night actions cause tension doesn't hinder scum in any way that I can see. Instead, it makes us more anxious about using our own.

There's 2 main reasons to do so:

1. If someone has a useless action *cough* Jeod *cough cough* then we can prevent that person from using their ability to help lower WT.

2. To help clear you from being scum. As we know the media can give rise to all sorts of propaganda which can cause tension to increase in our world. There may be a similar system in this game. If you want to use being American as an excuse for innocence, this doesn't follow history. I could easily see Nod writing in a journalist (spy) trying to start a war in Europe to make a profit off weapon and supply sales.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I think you're getting too detailed in the lore.

Maybe, sometimes I read too much into things. But those are the reasons for it. If tension slows down from you refraining from using your ability, then there's a decent chance it's based on the amount of night actions. If the tension doesn't move at all, then there's a good chance you're scum. If the tension keeps the same rate or increases, than it's probably a scum's night action.

Hey if I act consistent every game that's a good thing :D.

To be honest I don't have much of a stake in this either way until the tension rises higher. I have no night actions unlocked at the moment. quote unquote You cannot use this (these) ability (ies) yet.

And if you think that is a claim at neutral  or some sort of third party (THE ANTARCTIC ARMY RISES?????) then you'd be mistaken.

My only goal right now is to see what happens when my abilities unlock, which, while rising tension is obviously a scum goal, remember the starting post stated it can help town as well.

Hm...from that I think I think we should investigate Mojo on maybe the 3rd or 4th day. Since it seems like he could be a "dormant scum" I'm not sure he'll pop up as suspicious until his abilities are unlocked. But he's basically already marked himself as suspicious. He's still on my scum list, even higher now even, but we can't lynch yet so I think finding other potential scum players would be a wiser course of action as of right now.

Wait...I momentarily forgot about evidence being dropped. Do you guys think he'd start out with evidence on him if he was scum? Or do you think we'd have to wait until he did a scum action for him to have trace amounts of evidence on him?

My only hangup is "if he was scum, why would he tell us all this?".

The evidence dropping is what I'd focus on. Even if he's not scum, that sure sounds like the sort of setup where he'd drop evidence, even if he doesn't know he carries it, or something. It's certainly gotten my attention.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

My only hangup is "if he was scum, why would he tell us all this?".

The evidence dropping is what I'd focus on. Even if he's not scum, that sure sounds like the sort of setup where he'd drop evidence, even if he doesn't know he carries it, or something. It's certainly gotten my attention.

I thought about the hangup as well, but then again it's Mojo and it's hard to tell how his mind works.

Mojoman still hasn't done anything worthwhile to make me put him on my scumdar, but I agree with investigating him D3 or D4. I still want you today, Irish, not necessarily because you seem scummy, but because like the reason I was voted D1, I want to know that I can trust you before putting stock in your thoughts.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I figured I would've proved myself to be Town when I pointed out how Cat5 should be Town. Otherwise how else could I have caught what he said?

What in particular are you referencing? I think we all believe Cat5 is town by his cooperating and in-depth analysis of the evidence locker and how it might work. His analysis made mention of things that would help town make better nominations--not something scum would want.

On 8/3/2017 at 10:40 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I think that might make sense, as I think it is possible for the investigation to be taken off track. On the other hand, planting evidence just means it can be found, and one of our win conditions is to find all evidence.

I thought it was pretty obvious. If you don't understand, then I don't think you're Town.

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I thought it was pretty obvious. If you don't understand, then I don't think you're Town.

Oh I understand. In fact, that statement is so obvious even scum could use it. Our objectives were pretty clearly stated in the day posts.

Check your PM. You think Cat5 would be so negligent to say all evidence even though our public objective clearly stated true evidence only and putting it into the correct box. If he was scum, I don't think he'd bet on that word choice to fool us and I wouldn't be aware of it if I were scum >.>

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

Check your PM. You think Cat5 would be so negligent to say all evidence even though our public objective clearly stated true evidence only and putting it into the correct box. If he was scum, I don't think he'd bet on that word choice to fool us and I wouldn't be aware of it if I were scum >.>

I think it's pathetic that you decided to out such sensitive information in a bid to peg me as Town or Warmonger when my alignment should be clear by now. You're so set on casting doubt on me that you failed to take into account that the objective wording could easily be used to test others. It's a rule breaker to do so, however, but your blind attack only makes me want to investigate you even more.

In the spirit of cooperation, I'm most eager to learn more about Mojo, after what he's revealed, which might be a more pertinent place to look than this hubbub we have going on right now.  Depending on how people act, we can always keep them on the reserve list.

##investigate Mojoman

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

In the spirit of cooperation, I'm most eager to learn more about Mojo, after what he's revealed, which might be a more pertinent place to look than this hubbub we have going on right now.  Depending on how people act, we can always keep them on the reserve list.

##investigate Mojoman

Interesting that you're willing to cooperate so freely with Irish even though he hasn't been proven Town nor investigated himself, nor has he offered to be.

Just now, Jeod said:

Interesting that you're willing to cooperate so freely with Irish even though he hasn't been proven Town nor investigated himself, nor has he offered to be.

*facepalm* Not even gonna talk about until Nod catches up.

3 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

If you guys want to investigate me I'm fine with it

And proven wrong. I just think it'd be a waste.

Just now, Jeod said:

Didn't you say you wanted Irish D3 or D4? That implies someone else for D2, and Mojo's the best bet given what we have.

Just now, Jeod said:

You're more dangerous than Mojoman in terms of scumplay, so I'm more inclined to investigate you next. Simple.

I actually kind of feel a bit touched that the Scummiest Scum Who Ever Scummed thinks so highly of my scumplay. Granted I've only ever been scum for half a game.

Oh, well I must have misread that then :\

I'll keep my vote here though, while waiting for more opinions from the peanut gallery.  I don't trust Irish, but that convo came off more like a series of misunderstandings than anything. I'd not be opposed to an investigation on Irish, but I feel as if the case for him requires a few more people to comment, though mostly because what's up with Mojo is just so much more... blatant... whatever it is.

@TheIrishman I was wondering what you were talking about when you decided I must be town because of what I said. I didn't think there was anything I said that could be taken as proof. Why couldn't scum know that they will lose if all the evidence is collected? (And "all the evidence" might mean "place all correct evidence in the truth box" and not just "find all the evidence")

Personally, I doubt that Jeod's action is responsible for the tension increase, or at least not a significant part of it. 

I think that either three different actions added 3%, or 9 actions added 1%. The latter would mean everyone's action adds 1% when used. We might be able to learn over time which of these it is, and if we do, we might be able to catch out liars. This reminds me of something else that FRAYDO said:

13 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

It's a good guess that Jeod's ability may have raised the world tension, but Jeod himself should know if it does or not. If it does, I would like some confirmation on that from our American reporter.

Now, I have to ask, does anyone else know that their action adds to world tension, because I sure don't.