[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm actually at a bit of a loss on how to proceed. I'm pretty sure we've nailed scum in FRAYDO, but my top suspects besides him both were not carrying evidence.

Let me put it this way: I've narrowed down our thief to four players, not including my source. Logic dictated the elimination of five players.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm actually at a bit of a loss on how to proceed. I'm pretty sure we've nailed scum in FRAYDO, but my top suspects besides him both were not carrying evidence.

If we know Fraydo is scum, do we lynch him or lock him again?

Just now, VERTi60 said:

Can you quote somebody who cleared your alignment as task force and that your ability is not manipulating world tension?

I cannot, because while Nodlied did not clarify my alignment through investigation, I was shown to be American and of innocent status. I am not task force, but I am town (basically means no super power role), and my alignment was understood by most by the end of Day 2.

I did not use my ability last night, as you can see from the day post.

We can't lynch him, which is a problem. If we investigate him again, we can't investigate others and therefore can't find evidence unless people have actions that collect it (and I just lost mine). So, we probably have to go after somebody else. Ideally recovering my Spy Glass in the process.

We can't lynch him, which is a problem. If we investigate him again, we can't investigate others and therefore can't find evidence unless people have actions that collect it (and I just lost mine). So, we probably have to go after somebody else. Ideally recovering my Spy Glass in the process.

I think you are the best nomination for the vault today. Obviously, to recover your spyglass if we catch the thief, and also to test my hypothesis that picking up evidence gives us more information. The spyglass would be a priority if found.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

We also know* that he did nothing night one and have precedent that abilities unlock as the game progresses. I think we can let him run around for a bit. Might accidentally help us.

*Well you and jeod know

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I cannot, because while Nodlied did not clarify my alignment through investigation, I was shown to be American and of innocent status. I am not task force, but I am town (basically means no super power role), and my alignment was understood by most by the end of Day 2.

I did not use my ability last night, as you can see from the day post.

You are not task force, hence you are something else, but certainly not town. You might as well be neutral, third party or w/e. Personally I don't believe you are scum but I don't trust you are 100% town aligned unless confirmed.

One of the reasons that world tension hasn't increased as much could be because you didn't use the ability last night.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

We can't lynch anyone until tension is greater or equal to 60%.

Alright. That's a bit of stupid since that's almost game over?

I still don't know about this source. I don't know if I can trust him to be telling the truth or if the information he has is really accurate. It seems it is accurate, but I'm not totally sold on it.

I'm of the same wavelength, however regardless of our read on him, we do have more information from him than the remaining four suspects--and we know how he spent his night actions.

How would you know that the game is almost over when tension reaches 60%?

I did a para-rel to my Dead Space3 & 4, where Marker was charged beyond 50 it was usually too late.

If we are on 60 I guess we can reach the 100 in two three days (with 9+ increase)? Is that enough to catch all scum? I dunno but it seems like town doesn't have much time.

Ok. Well, I should tell you that I didn't leave anything. Take from that what you will.

Understood. If he is speaking now, would you mind asking him if it's alright to out him in order to show my reasoning behind the suspect list?

##nominate Category5

##vote investigate Fraydo

So far the only confirmed town I see is cat5, so might as well just grant him access again.

Since we can't lynch we should probably keep investigating people or keep Fraydo under lock.

FRAYDO doesn't need to be kept under lock. He was locked up, so he can't be the thief. We need to investigate others. Since you're dodging that fact, I'm suggesting you're up first as opposed to my random choice of vote between four players.

I think finding evidence as soon as possible would be our safest bet. If there is some scum out there capable of stealing both items and evidence, then while we keep FRAYDO on lockdown, they'll be able to continue to disarm (figuratively since our items are our "weapons") while we just twiddle our thumbs. The Tracker may be able to find out who's stealing items during that time, but if they require an item to use their tracking action, then if that's stolen too, we're SOL.

Also we didn't receive any reports of any items being stolen N1, so either someone is lying or it's an action with limited use like once every other day.

Well, I'd guess that the thief might have targeted someone who didn't have anything. That would be a reason why we didn't have that report before. It's also possible that they had to choose between multiple actions, such as a thief action and an action that increases tension.

27 minutes ago, Jeod said:

##investigate Verti60

Counted

17 minutes ago, Jeod said:

##nominate Category 5

Counted

7 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

##nominate Category5

##vote investigate Fraydo

Counted

VcTJxlF.png

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Also we didn't receive any reports of any items being stolen N1, so either someone is lying or it's an action with limited use like once every other day.

I have also been incredibly curious about this. I wanted to see if FRAYDO was going to use it as an excuse for not having an item though.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I have also been incredibly curious about this. I wanted to see if FRAYDO was going to use it as an excuse for not having an item though.

Cat5 got an N2 result despite the spyglass being stolen the same night. Therefore, FRAYDO would have come up on the tracker report if he had done something with an item before it was stolen.