[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

What are the benefits of being Task Force anyway? Do you guys get life insurance? If we lose I think I want in on that.

Somebody should clear this up because as far I know I have nothing to do.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Based on what you've said it sounds like there's two members of the task force and if your partner gets eliminated you take their place.

That would explain the backup role, but I don't like how you guys have items such as spyglasses and guns and I have nothing...

I think our top suspects for the thief would be Chaos_Knight, Killing_You, and OrangeP47. If we're going for all possible scum players, then I would add both FRAYDO and Retaliation to the list. The main reason why I don't believe Vert to be the thief is because it wouldn't make sense to give someone who would be expected to be almost entirely absent until the 17th such a powerful role. Although his recent behavior has raised my suspicion on him a bit as scum, it's not enough to warrant adding to the list, yet.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I think our top suspects for the thief would be Chaos_Knight, Killing_You, and OrangeP47. If we're going for all possible scum players, then I would add both FRAYDO and Retaliation to the list. The main reason why I don't believe Vert to be the thief is because it wouldn't make sense to give someone who would be expected to be almost entirely absent until the 17th such a powerful role. Although his recent behavior has raised my suspicion on him a bit as scum, it's not enough to warrant adding to the list, yet.

His absence would explain the lack of a N1 theft, though. It's just as believable as suggesting the thief struck out N1.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

In fact, I revealed that I had a typewriter on D1. The thief knew I had an item, yet didn't steal it.

Why do you think they would steal a typewriter anyway? Does it do anything besides reminding us of chicagomafia?

5 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I just started playing the game, but I will continue to be absent during my working hours until 17th, and probably when I'm going to travel.

49 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

##vote investigate VERTi60

Counted

SPo3Ds3.png

Just a small announcement. I'll be away for most of the day tomorrow, so chances are that this will be the final cvc until I return. At least from me that is. I'll try to get another up before I leave tomorrow but I can't promise anything. :v Other than that I've told Voe to get off his lazy arse to post cvcs whenever he feels like it's needed or in case you guys ask for it.

##voteinvestigate Killing_You

I'm inclined to believe Killing You is our thief. As D2 was drawing near its end and he surfaced to cast his vote, he became my #1 suspect. He has done nothing but parrot everything that has been said without offering his own insight or proposing his own plans. He has been flying under the radar and must have been considering his target for the night. Stealing Jeod's typewriter would have been too easy to implicate on him since their small fight D1, so perhaps he chose not to steal anything or happened to target someone who didn't have an item and came up empty-handed.

While we're speaking of the typewriter, I'm dubious of its purpose. You're claiming tracker and with the typewriter you can add your piece into the Day opening post. My problem with that is what use is writing up your piece for the morning paper when you can just simply open up the Day with what you found overnight in your postings? Unless of course, the typewriter is tied to your tracking ability and should that be stolen then that's trouble.

13 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

##voteinvestigate Killing_You

I'm inclined to believe Killing You is our thief. As D2 was drawing near its end and he surfaced to cast his vote, he became my #1 suspect. He has done nothing but parrot everything that has been said without offering his own insight or proposing his own plans. He has been flying under the radar and must have been considering his target for the night. Stealing Jeod's typewriter would have been too easy to implicate on him since their small fight D1, so perhaps he chose not to steal anything or happened to target someone who didn't have an item and came up empty-handed.

While we're speaking of the typewriter, I'm dubious of its purpose. You're claiming tracker and with the typewriter you can add your piece into the Day opening post. My problem with that is what use is writing up your piece for the morning paper when you can just simply open up the Day with what you found overnight in your postings? Unless of course, the typewriter is tied to your tracking ability and should that be stolen then that's trouble.

The typewriter has nothing to do with my tracking ability. I have no idea why Nodlied chose to do things that way.

Well, shit. Looks like I'm being indirectly questioned by Jeod and directly questioned by FRAYDO now, eh? This is awkward... but I can explain myself.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

As a final test, if one of CK, KY, or Verti can tell me what item I now have in my possession (it was lying in the vault, and it's not the spyglass), then they might be able to be eliminated from the list.

It's the grenade, isn't it?

Yeah, I kinda fibbed about doing nothing N1. Sorry guys, but I figured saying "I threw my grenade in the vault" would look suspicious, and FRAYDO's scummy behavior made me want to keep focus on him. And hey, that turned out well!

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

So you passed it to the vault? Why would you do that?

I didn't really feel comfortable keeping it on me. It has a small chance of killing someone and a higher chance to roleblock. If I were to get investigated and I was discovered to have that thing on me? I figured town would leap at the chance to burn me at the stake. Plus, I had originally planned on using it as a last resort, but I realized that using it would likely heighten the World Tension, at which point I decided that I definitely did not want it. May have been a miscalculation, but I'm effectively vanilla now, and am more than happy to go scumhunting the old fashioned way.

3 minutes ago, Killing You said:

It doesn't exactly say one way or another (unless I missed the part of the description), but I would assume so.

Well the notion that you willingly gave up a potentially disposable weapon when you could have just used it speaks in your favor.

So a thief, eh. Now this could be quite problematic all important items and evidence considered.
I could see why Cat5 would be targeted (yea, Jeod, stealing a typewriter seems like a pretty silly idea XD ). That, of course, implying that Cat5 is speaking the truth about what happened last night, and the thief is real. I understand that Cat5 is fairly high in "towny" list but in all reality we don't know all too much about him. Just saying.

As for why it's not me.... Well, tbh I wasn't even online for basically whole N2 actually due to some IRL stuff. /meta

Other than that I doubt I can prove my innocence here so you'd have to take my word for it. You can investigate me if you wish, but I have no items and no connections to scum.

5 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Is the grenade one time use?

Geez, I wonder XD
I think this is a quote of the game so far.

01. Jeod – Took item from vault, tracked Irish
02. Mojoman – Contacted Cat5; has colt and telephone, unusable
03. Fraydo – Locked up
04. OrangeP47 – No evidence, probably not thief
05. TheIrishman – Jeod confirmed action
06. Cat5 - Victim
07. Chaos_Knight - No alibi, open to investigation
08. Killing_You - Put grenade in vault on N1
09. Retaliation – Said he has unusable actions/items just like Mojo (but before Mojo was known to him)
10. Verti60 - Claims backup role with no actions yet

How do you propose we proceed, Cat5?