[Game Over] The July Crisis Mafia

Nodlied

Thinking about it, I'm guessing that we have 3 possibilities regarding the world tension:

1. Someone purposefully did something that rose the world tension, and isn't about to tell us what it is.

2. Someone's night action(s) (or perhaps day playstyle) rose the world tension without their knowledge.

3. World tension slowly rises, and we're on a time limit.

The first possibility is the one that's most likely, in my opinion, although I feel we should keep in mind all of these (or even combinations of them) moving forward.

Just now, Retaliation said:

The combination of Splatoon 2, Friday Night Magic, and lack of scum buddies has greatly interfered with my ability/desire to keep the game in my attention. I think I'd actually welcome a bit of grilling because I have trouble figuring things out when I'm town aligned.

Hold on a sec, cowboy. What do you mean by "lack of scum buddies"?

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I was given a report by a source that claims FRAYDO took no action last night. So he's out of the investigation for today, maybe. I haven't picked up any bad vibes from Mojoman yet.

Can you guarantee that source as accurate? Is it confirmed information, or a note that was just dropped on your lap?

As far as my cases go, FRAYDO's case is effectively unchanged, because he hasn't said anything. I also don't know if Jeod's information is proof (e.g. mod confirmed information) or just a claim (e.g. a message that could have been written by anyone). I'd probably lean towards not investigating FRAYDO either way, as we probably can't know the status of that information and may as well move on as if it's true, until we have reason to believe otherwise.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any evidence found yet, so I'll go ahead and say that I do not want to be nominated today. Let's get someone else in there so they can verify what I saw.

10 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Today's theme for our friends who like music.

I like this. Please continue doing this for day posts.

9 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Does anyone think Jeod's ability raises tension? Just a food for thought.

8 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Well you have to think outside of the box. And it's also the media that is increasing the tension too in the world (he who controls the media controls the world).

It's a good guess that Jeod's ability may have raised the world tension, but Jeod himself should know if it does or not. If it does, I would like some confirmation on that from our American reporter. It's as the OP reads regarding world tension: Every event and every action can potentially have some sort of effect on the world tension meter for the better or worse.

5 hours ago, Retaliation said:

Also Jeod is the only cowboy here.

Is this a claim that you have a general idea of the nationalities present in this game? Did you already know there was an American present before yesterday's investigation?

4 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Can you guarantee that source as accurate? Is it confirmed information, or a note that was just dropped on your lap?

I'm curious as well, regarding your method of receiving. Are these anonymous tips or does your source become known to you when they give you a report?

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

Is this a claim that you have a general idea of the nationalities present in this game? Did you already know there was an American present before yesterday's investigation.

Negative on both (Unless you count trusting Jeod's claim). It's a July Crisis game though. Doubling up on american flavored roles is going to be bottom priority when there are a plethora of relevant continental powers to choose from.

I also do not believe that nationalities really mean anything.

11 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Does anyone think Jeod's ability raises tension? Just a food for thought.

I kind of skipped this since it was addressed before, but since Fraydo brought it up as well I'll just quote myself here.

11 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I feel like your ability is a bit pointless though, Jeod, as you could just as easily report pretty much anything you know during the day, aside from your death. Unless you have something important to say, try not to use your ability so we can see if it can help slow the increase in WT. (World Tension)

11 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'd thought about that earlier in the night. The only advantage I can see from using the typewriter is that the action would go through before my death.

I assumed that Jeod's agreement towards how his ability works was also an indirect agreement for him to not use his ability unless it was important. But for clarification, Jeod, do you agree to help us test out if your ability affects WT? And I'm also curious on the other questions Fraydo asked.

2 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm curious as well, regarding your method of receiving. Are these anonymous tips or does your source become known to you when they give you a report?

Why are you asking this? You didn't even confirm if the information is true or not.

Is there anyone else (besides allegedly FRAYDO) that did not do an action last night?

11 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

7 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I can guarantee probably 75% accuracy on the source. If it was anonymous I would have said so--I am in a google doc with the source. It doesn't appear to be a masonry; I was not given any mention of a masonry in my role, and the google doc doesn't mention the word either, so I can't tell you whether any masonry would form if I were to be contacted by multiple sources. I'm going to stress that the report I was given only indicated FRAYDO's lack of night action, not his Side or Status. At the very least, if we're going with the theory that night actions raise tension, FRAYDO was not involved.

5 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I assumed that Jeod's agreement towards how his ability works was also an indirect agreement for him to not use his ability unless it was important. But for clarification, Jeod, do you agree to help us test out if your ability affects WT? And I'm also curious on the other questions Fraydo asked.

I suppose I could, since I can just publicly post the information I'm given. I'm a tad wary of this testing method though, since it can easily narrow down my source.

Eh, I mean, in the Death Note game I was in temp docs with several people and convinced them I was townie. Granted, can't make a full judgement second or third hand, but I'm kinda wary over all this. I can still accept FRAYDO took no action, but his answers have been rather lackluster.  There could still be value in checking him out, but that might cost us a chance to look for whatever actions caused tension, but we don't have many leads on that... hmmm...

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Eh, I mean, in the Death Note game I was in temp docs with several people and convinced them I was townie. Granted, can't make a full judgement second or third hand, but I'm kinda wary over all this. I can still accept FRAYDO took no action, but his answers have been rather lackluster.  There could still be value in checking him out, but that might cost us a chance to look for whatever actions caused tension, but we don't have many leads on that... hmmm...

Notice I'm not shouting "don't check FRAYDO", I'm just reporting what I was told.

37 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I suppose I could, since I can just publicly post the information I'm given. I'm a tad wary of this testing method though, since it can easily narrow down my source.

I'm confused. How could you without using your ability narrow down your source for us? It's not like we'd have any clue as to who was contacting you whether you use your ability or not.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I'm confused. How could you without using your ability narrow down your source for us? It's not like we'd have any clue as to who was contacting you whether you use your ability or not.

By asking who took night actions.

I'm not asking who took night actions last night. And from what you're saying, they have to use a night action to contact your rather than your night action being the sole cause of your information. But what we want to test is if we lower the amount of night actions or just take away yours (since the media can affect the world), will it lower the World Tension? I'm not so concerned about who did or didn't take a night action last night, but I am concerned how many people will take a night action tomorrow. I would assume that unless people have a one-time use or otherwise limited ability, there will be the same amount of night actions tonight as there was last night, minus 1 (2 if your source has to use their ability to contact you, unless they can give you information without you having to post an article). From that we'll see if abilities in general or yours affect World Tension. If it doesn't then we'll know that there's most likely scum with an ability to raise WT somehow.

If there's a scum ability then it won't matter by the time we find out about it. This whole theory/test seems like a distraction from classic scumhunting. In fact, Irish, given that you have a tendency to go insane when things don't go your way, I think you'd be a great investigation target for today. Be nice to know if you should be trusted or ignored.

##investigate TheIrishMan

6 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If there's a scum ability then it won't matter by the time we find out about it. This whole theory/test seems like a distraction from classic scumhunting. In fact, Irish, given that you have a tendency to go insane when things don't go your way, I think you'd be a great investigation target for today. Be nice to know if you should be trusted or ignored.

Counted

eJ0lFJu.png

>.> The point of doing so would be to lower World Tension and help prevent scum victory. N2 isn't too long that "it won't matter by the time we find out about it." It would also help us determine if we're free to use our abilities as much as we'd like without having to worry about them raising World Tension. In a game like this where lynching and nightkills seem to be delayed, I'm not sure classic scumhunting is the way to go until we reach that threshold.

You call it going insane, but in a game with time travel where alignments were free to be chosen, I think it was more having fun. After all, I was the mad scientist. :v 

If you guys want to investigate me I'm fine with it, but right now my top targets in no particular order are Mojoman, Chaos_Knight, OrangeP47, and Retaliation.

Sorry for the absence.

My idea for world tensions is that any number of actions could raise it. Like Jeod being in this doc with whoever could raise tensions if they are different nationalities. On a political stage, an American reporter and someone of another nationality meeting could raise tensions. This may not even be intentional on the meeter's part.

That's an interesting list.  I'd honestly be inerested in hearing more about why Mojo.  I mean, there are obvious reasons, but it might just be D1 'fun', and those that know him better seem not to be too concerned. Of course, I'm interested in hearing your rationale on the others on the list as well :p

I've already explained Mojo, maybe his constant carefree attitude is how is normally is, but so far he's been somewhat similar to how he was last game, where he was scum. Retaliation and CK are mostly because I don't know much about them as of right now and I don't really have much a read, so the more information, the better. You weren't really on my list before Cat5 mentioned how skilled your seem to be at hiding as town so I figured I'd tack you on as well.

If we return to my 'three courses of action' post, I really think meta arguments work best with the first option, clearing people we think are strong town, or making sure someone who can scum good isn't scum. For actual scum hunting, unless there's an underlying substance, it doesn't work quite as well.  Meta can be used to translate someone's actions, but it shouldn't be used in place of reading actions.

Your list, Irish, sounds very tacked on as if you just want a list. You've said that Mojo is your #1 due to past behavior, though I believe he's your #1 because Category 5 listed him along with FRAYDO; you've said that CK and Retaliation are there because you don't have any reads on them (guilty until proven innocent?), and you admitted that you slapped OrangeP47 on there because of, surprise surprise, Category 5.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

By asking who took night actions.

33 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Now that I've thought about it a bit more, if Jeod does still use his ability, I think he'll rise back towards the top of my suspect pool. He initially agreed to follow through with the plan, then soft claimed his hesitation towards it. When it was explained why he needn't be bothered, taking away any reason to back out from the plan, his entire position flipped against it, while also turning hostile and possibly trying to direct attention away from his ability being used. (Woot, first time trying to dissect a person's words like a proper player).

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Your list, Irish, sounds very tacked on as if you just want a list. You've said that Mojo is your #1 due to past behavior, though I believe he's your #1 because Category 5 listed him along with FRAYDO; you've said that CK and Retaliation are there because you don't have any reads on them (guilty until proven innocent?), and you admitted that you slapped OrangeP47 on there because of, surprise surprise, Category 5.

Well, no, not really. It's more a process of elimination. I don't think I'm scum, so I'm off the list. I don't think Cat5 is scum because of his word choice (if you don't think so, read page 3), so he's off. I initially didn't think you were, so you're off. I don't think Vert is scum due to his inactivity, so he's off. KY seems to be doing decent as town, so he's off. You said Fraydo didn't take any night actions, so for now he's off as well. The only people left are Mojo, Retaliation, Orange, and CK.

I'll admit though, I'm probably a bit biased towards believing Cat5 since he's usually strong town and is better at reading people's words than me. Plus he's the only one here I know IRL. But aside from adding Orange to the list, Cat5 didn't affect any of my decisions.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

So you think that players cleared through investigation can still be scum, even if their status and side are shown? Even on D1? Your list needs to be bigger, in that case.

If my list needs to be bigger, in that case, it would just be adding you to it since you were the only one investigated. But as of right now I do not think you're scum. But if you still insist on using your ability, then I will think you're scum since you'd be potentially helping scum raise WT for no reason, since you even agreed on how useless your ability is. I don't understand why you're being so difficult on just testing a hypothesis that you initially agreed and and has no negative affect.