[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

A scum masonry ability would be out of left field...sounds like the kind of thing OP47 would do. Besides, if it’s wrong, it’s your neck on the line.

Plenty of time for debating what direction we take though.

I've done it before. It's pretty funny from a GM perspective. Ideally I would have time to play with mojo to be sure, but classwork is more important.

Irish and mojo are on the top of my lists. Not only has the world tension decreased fitting in with Shade's roleclaim, but he Irish has been spotty. I feel like the vote on shade could be an excellent example of scum trying to push the lynch toward an active threatening player and away from an inactive unknown one.

Mojo has been pretty inactive, lied about his flavor, and has been deflecting from the importance of nationality. Come to think of it so has Irish.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:56 PM, TheIrishman said:

Well since Voe isn't here and I'd rather not die.

##Vote Voe

After Voe, Retaliation, FRAYDO, KY, and Chopbam are my top suspects.

Retaliation because of his fluff. He stated his prime suspects live in the mojave desert, but didn't follow through with that.

FRAYDO because his fluff. He can do better than that.

KY because he's the first to state that nationalities don't matter while putting out there that he's Russian, which Shade's statement contradicts.

And ChopBam for his collaborating with KY to an extent and asking for Cat5's opinion rather than offering up his own.

It's all pretty weak though being D1.

His list of suspects from his voe vote is full of likely non mafia players though. 

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

So two things happened for me last night.

I got a scum read on mojo, and I assume he invited me to a doc.

I'm basically questioning him twice!

And I got a Cuban read on him. Ding ding.

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

That someone may also be wrong on their read.

What I'm more interested about is why you have been lying about being a 

faa.png

1 hour ago, Retaliation said:

No, although I suppose that is possible. It's hard to believe mojo when he's already lied about his flavor. He's claimed castro in the doc.

Makes a lot of sense to be honest. Also nice to see you beating it to me.

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Oh, and before I forget, ##Vote Mojoman.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Mojoman leads with 1/7 votes cast!

Oh, and cause I forgot to apply the penalty for not voting two days in a row...

CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted no one
Mojoman voted no one

Extra Vote for Mojoman!

Mojoman leads with 1/7 votes cast!

If Retaliation is a cop, then he's sane and has had no reason to lie about his results, and in that case, Mojo is scum.

If Retaliation is not a cop, it would have been easy to claim his results on Cat5 yesterday, then lie so we lynch Mojo, us being none the wiser. There's a problem with this 2nd option however. Why would Retaliation spout this falsifiable lie if he was scum? He'd be caught red-handed and investigated himself.

As such I'm leaning toward the 1st option. I've never had an easy time reading Mojo and I see this case as no exception.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

If Retaliation is a cop, then he's sane and has had no reason to lie about his results, and in that case, Mojo is scum.

If Retaliation is not a cop, it would have been easy to claim his results on Cat5 yesterday, then lie so we lynch Mojo, us being none the wiser. There's a problem with this 2nd option however. Why would Retaliation spout this falsifiable lie if he was scum? He'd be caught red-handed and investigated himself.

As such I'm leaning toward the 1st option. I've never had an easy time reading Mojo and I see this case as no exception.

Indeed. Although I'd like to hear from him. The day is still young. Chances are high that he's one of our warmongerers though.

What beans are left to spill?

##vote Mojoman

Thinking further in the direction of finding scum by ruling out everyone else

Nodlied: Not much contribution to scum hunting, but looking back there's a detail to support his nationality cop claim. He knew I would be a cop when I claimed my flavor, much like how I figured out his flavor when he claimed role

Jeod: I like his target priority. After me KY and Shade were the most obvious targets, and Jeod was being consistent in distrusting Shade.

Irish: I've talked a lot about Irish.

Chopbam:

Killing You: One Shoe to rule them all, One Shoe to find them, One Shoe to bring them all and in class struggle bind them.

Retaliation: *REDACTED*

Mojojojo: Has done precious little all game and I got a scum read. Short of a redirect I can't conceive of a way around it.

I don't think me being bussed is likely because it's inconsistent with killing shade.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

What beans are left to spill?

##vote Mojoman

Thinking further in the direction of finding scum by ruling out everyone else

Nodlied: Not much contribution to scum hunting, but looking back there's a detail to support his nationality cop claim. He knew I would be a cop when I claimed my flavor, much like how I figured out his flavor when he claimed role

Jeod: I like his target priority. After me KY and Shade were the most obvious targets, and Jeod was being consistent in distrusting Shade.

Irish: I've talked a lot about Irish.

Chopbam:

Killing You: One Shoe to rule them all, One Shoe to find them, One Shoe to bring them all and in class struggle bind them.

Retaliation: *REDACTED*

Mojojojo: Has done precious little all game and I got a scum read. Short of a redirect I can't conceive of a way around it.

I don't think me being bussed is likely because it's inconsistent with killing shade.

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted no one
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted Mojoman
Mojoman voted no one

Extra Vote for Mojoman!

Mojoman leads with 2/7 votes cast!

Okay, that clears shade... in a sense.

First things first, let's see if his ability went off or not. According to him, if it went off, it reduced World Tension by 10. Also, I used an ability last night that lowers World Tension by 20. Furthermore, we know that the death of a townie raises tension by 15. So, let's run the math here, without accounting for Shade's ability. Keep in mind that Shade had announced publicly that he was going to use his ability on TheIrishman.

20-15=5. That means that World Tension would've gone down by 5. Let's see what the reality says:

Tension at Night Start: 30

Tension at Night End: 25

Net result says it went down by 5. This means that Shade's ability did not proc. This offers up four scenarios: Irish is scum but not crazy Naval Officer, Irish is town, Shade tried his ability on someone else and it failed, or Shade's death prevented his ability from activating.

I'll have to think on this a bit. For now, let me do some more charting. Blue represents information gained since the last update. Green represents my personal guesses.

Player Nationality Role Alignment
Nodlied American J. Edgar Hoover Town
Jeod American Lem Billings Town
TheIrishman

Soviet (Russian)

Valentin Savitsky Mafia
FRAYDO

American

Lee Harvey Oswald Third Party
ChopBam American Richard S. Heyser Town
Killing You Soviet (Russian) Nikita Khrushchev Town
Voe American John F Kennedy Town
Category 5 American Robert Kennedy Town
Shade Soviet (Russian) Vasili Arkhipov Town
Retaliation Soviet (Russian) Vladimir Semichastny Town
Mojoman Soviet (Cuban) Fidel Castro Mafia

I had very strong townreads on pretty much everyone aside from Retaliation. However, the fact that Shade died last night brought up some questions. Was it possible that scum was trying to put Retaliation at the scene of the crime two nights in a row? An odd gambit, but with how public we were with our plans, it seemed to make the most sense.

And then there's Irish. In all his helpfulness, I never noticed that he was only helpful with information that didn't pertain to himself. He never had to defend Mojoman, who slipped by quietly in the background, using only a maple leaf to conceal himself. He was also the last person to reveal his nationality, and in doing so he likely knew that claiming Soviet would be career suicide due to Shade's role.

So, yeah. Retaliation, I owe you an apology, man.

Oh, one more thing. I'd place a vote, but I cannot due so thanks to my ability that I used last night.

1 minute ago, Killing You said:

Okay, that clears shade... in a sense.

First things first, let's see if his ability went off or not. According to him, if it went off, it reduced World Tension by 10. Also, I used an ability last night that lowers World Tension by 20. Furthermore, we know that the death of a townie raises tension by 15. So, let's run the math here, without accounting for Shade's ability. Keep in mind that Shade had announced publicly that he was going to use his ability on TheIrishman.

20-15=5. That means that World Tension would've gone down by 5. Let's see what the reality says:

Tension at Night Start: 30

Tension at Night End: 25

Net result says it went down by 5. This means that Shade's ability did not proc. This offers up four scenarios: Irish is scum but not crazy Naval Officer, Irish is town, Shade tried his ability on someone else and it failed, or Shade's death prevented his ability from activating.

Ah, but have you considered night 1 our tension jumped from 15 to 40? Scum's already shown they can jump tension by 25, and what is 20 + 10 - 25?