[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If Nodlied and/or I were teamed up with Mojo, don't you think we would be agreeing with Jeod that Retaliation's report must have been changed to insane in order to keep Mojo from getting lynched, rather than jumping down his throat like we did?

I could easily say the same. It's not proof, it either means Scum is willing to cut ties with Mojo to appear Town, that Jeod is Scum and he's failing to rouse enough support to save Mojo, or that Mojo isn't Scum.

Alright, it's late and I'm going to bed, had a crazy shift at work today (understaffed, stuck working with a shitty coworker, and busy af). I'll be back on tomorrow when my brain is fully functioning.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

I'm finally at a computer and can report my findings from last night.

FRAYDO seemed largely responsible for the WT hit on N1. With him gone and the WT-lowering actions that have been employed, I'd say WT is at a pretty good place now, so we probably don't need to focus too much on a WT loss. Can keep an eye on it for later if it spikes, but for now I suggest we not worry.

Fine you've got me. I'm a tracker. It's funny for you to lay doubt on my "sketchy night reports," Mr. My Actions Are Locked. However I must admit I tracked you last night and you didn't appear to visit anyone. So your alibi checks out for now. If you are scum, I think it was your partner, Mojo, who killed Shade. If Mojo didn't kill Shade then we have other problems, but this is my conclusion as that's where all the evidence points to.

Any other reasons to suspect me, Irishman? Or is it just your gut?

Still plenty of day left to figure out where to cast our votes. Although I think we all know where it's going to go. Since there's no hammer, I'm going to place it on the obvious.

##vote Mojoman

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

Re-reading, there may be early hammer, so I'm going to

##unvote

for now. That's what I get for speedreading on my phone earlier.

Counted, but since it doesn't change anything I'm not copy-pasting.

And yes, there CAN be early hammer, but the extra vote on Mojo doesn't count towards it.

8 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

My character is Admiral Robert Lee Dennison. And like I said before, my ability is pretty obvious >.> I initially wanted to joke about the cane and FRAYDO, because I hold the "cane" (blockade).

Nodlied - He's been away for a good portion but has helped when able. His abilities seem to check out, but he's only "confirmed" things that people have already said.

Well, to be fair, Retaliation beat it to me. :v Also, you do realise that a role blocker can as often be a scum role as a town role right? And don't you dare drop debt charges that could force a certain submarine to fire the nuclear torpedos.

6 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

I know he said it lowered it by 10 WT, but if I was Scum and I was so worried about it, don't you think I would've blocked him? If I could lie about being American, I could easily lie about my ability being locked.

Assuming there's 3 Scum and that Scum can't use an ability and NK, I would've had one Scum member kill Shade while I blocked him. Assuming there's only 2 Scum, I wouldn't have had Mojo use a masonry ability. I would've had him kill Shade while I blocked him.

You're thinking about this too simply. If I were not me, but Scum, I'd kill Shade and hold back on any extra WT changing actions to try and pin it on me. And again, you're not even considering other options, like Scum having a WT increasing ability they can only use every other day, or that FRAYDO could've increased it that extra 10 points N1. You're matching things to your own prerogative.

If the WT does increase after Scum is lynched, like Jeod thinks, I'll RB whoever you guys think is Scum, even myself if that's possible, and you can have Jeod watch my target. Unless you think it's Jeod, then that'll complicate my proof. And if we have an ability cop like last game, my action is called "Blockade" as in the thing I'm supposed to do :v Hence the kraken, the nemesis to all ships. It'd be pretty hard for a captain of a submarine to set up a blockade considering he's underwater >.>

Given that Mojo is Fidel, there could only be 2 other Scum. If the NK still happens, then you'll know that I didn't do it and that my target didn't either. If the nightkill doesn't happen, then it'd be me and whoever I targeted. Of course Scum could just not NK to get me lynched, but I don't think they'd sacrifice a NK for it.

Like I said before, I think ChopBam and Nodlied are our most likely suspects.

Beyond the fact that ''if I were scum, I'd do this'' is usually used by scum themselves as arguments, what I find more interesting is why you think that I am one of the most likely suspects.

In any case, Mojoman, what is you defense? Could you provide a detailed explanation as to what you did during this game so far, what you can do, how it affected people, etc? That might be your only way out of this mess.

5 hours ago, Nodlied said:

Well, to be fair, Retaliation beat it to me. :v Also, you do realise that a role blocker can as often be a scum role as a town role right? And don't you dare drop debt charges that could force a certain submarine to fire the nuclear torpedos.

Beyond the fact that ''if I were scum, I'd do this'' is usually used by scum themselves as arguments, what I find more interesting is why you think that I am one of the most likely suspects.

In any case, Mojoman, what is you defense? Could you provide a detailed explanation as to what you did during this game so far, what you can do, how it affected people, etc? That might be your only way out of this mess.

I don't think I was the person in charge of the depth charges being dropped. It looks like it was a reactionary call from 12 ships, like the USS Beale and the USS Rudolph. At least, that's what I found after a quick google search. Regardless, that's not my second ability. I'm not familiar with that being an argument mostly used by Scum. Do you have any examples? There are two main reasons I think that you could be Scum. First, there's no evidence to support your ability. Second, you've barely done anything so far to help Town. And it feels like you're forgetting my plan to help me prove myself and take down Scum at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Irish, let me make this easy for you.

Mojo is getting lynched today. You still have one night to prove yourself.

Block your best scumread. We've got four people that can check you. The results will speak for themselves.

I was hoping to block whoever the public opinion was, that way I don't get wrongly lynched under the idea that I purposefully blocked someone who wasn't Scum. But I already said I think the American Scum is most likely Nodlied or ChopBam, so I'd block one of them if I had the choice.

26 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

I don't think I was the person in charge of the depth charges being dropped. It looks like it was a reactionary call from 12 ships, like the USS Beale and the USS Rudolph. At least, that's what I found after a quick google search. Regardless, that's not my second ability. I'm not familiar with that being an argument mostly used by Scum. Do you have any examples? There are two main reasons I think that you could be Scum. First, there's no evidence to support your ability. Second, you've barely done anything so far to help Town. And it feels like you're forgetting my plan to help me prove myself and take down Scum at the same time.

I don't have any examples. But it is more common for scum players to defend themselves by providing arguments in the second and third conditionals (if I were scum, then this would have happened, etc) while town players tend to be more straight forward in their arguments, posting in the zero and first conditionals and coming up with what they've done and what they didn't. Providing arguments arguing if you were scum you would have done that provides basically no info, thus the argument is considered void.

As for me being scum. I didn't do much during the days due to my absence, not much I could do about that. And yeah, there's not much to support my ability, but if you look around my few posts you'd spot that this claim didn't come out of nowhere. Whether I'm scum or town can't really be proven lest I nail scum or are killed.

Mojoman and Retaliation could be saying more though. A masonry was made, and so far all we know is that Mojoman is Castro and that he returned a scum report. Both claims are only by Retaliation; Mojoman has neither confirmed nor denied them.

9 minutes ago, Jeod said:

While I'm for lynching Mojoman today, something about this feels way off. It's too simple and too easy.

##vote Mojoman

Vote counted!

CVC

World Tension is at 25

Nodlied voted Mojmoan
Jeod voted Mojoman
TheIrishman voted no one
ChopBam voted no one
Killing_You voted no one
Retaliation voted Mojoman
Mojoman voted no one

Extra Vote for Mojoman!

Mojoman leads with 3/7 votes cast!

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Mojoman and Retaliation could be saying more though. A masonry was made, and so far all we know is that Mojoman is Castro and that he returned a scum report. Both claims are only by Retaliation; Mojoman has neither confirmed nor denied them.

Well, when we read through the lines we see something interesting.

21 hours ago, Mojoman said:

That someone may also be wrong on their read.

Here Mojoman accuses Retaliation of being ''wrong on his read'' which could be a possibility. However the following quote makes me believe that Retal isn't wrong.

15 hours ago, Mojoman said:

Not much of a defense for me. I lied about my character and nationality because I don't like people having the correct information, like ever.

I assumed Retal was the most townie so that's why I masoned with him.

GuessIwaswrong.jpg

Here he accuses Retaliation for being ''not town''. He also admits that he didn't like people having the correct information about him. This argument for false claiming to be the Canadian navy doesn't make a lot of sense considering we've been pretty ''innocent until proven guilty'' about nationalities so far. Why hide it? And more importantly, why act a bit like a defeated player when we slam his lies?

5 minutes ago, Killing You said:

Well, the Castro claim is substantiated by Nodlied's report. And I highly doubt Retal and Nodlied are a scumteam pretending to be two different types of cops.

I missed the part where he claimed to have a report. It was probably the middle of the night when I read those bits.

33 minutes ago, Jeod said:

The masonry was basically 

Been awhile mojo

Lol yeah

Ur scum

U serious

Ye

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I missed the part where he claimed to have a report. It was probably the middle of the night when I read those bits.

Right here.

21 hours ago, Nodlied said:

And I got a Cuban read on him. Ding ding.

What I'm more interested about is why you have been lying about being a 

faa.png

Makes a lot of sense to be honest. Also nice to see you beating it to me.

That post was a response to Retaliation's post.

I'm inclined to doubt that the cop result was changed. Mojo's not really defending himself and he was okay with lying. Still, I'm willing to wait till regular hammer time if you guys are, to see if anything new crops up.

I'm ok with an early hammer at this point. Mojoman's had several hours now to defend himself and come clean about his role and reasons for claiming Canadian as a Cuban. It's not MYLO, and we'll have 5 players tomorrow unless a NK is prevented. If Retaliation turns out to be scum, then he's partnered with Nodlied who backed Retaliation's report. I can't see there being more than two scum in this game.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'm ok with an early hammer at this point. Mojoman's had several hours now to defend himself and come clean about his role and reasons for claiming Canadian as a Cuban. It's not MYLO, and we'll have 5 players tomorrow unless a NK is prevented. If Retaliation turns out to be scum, then he's partnered with Nodlied who backed Retaliation's report. I can't see there being more than two scum in this game.

Well, with 7 players left, we have to have two scum. If we had three scum, it'd be MyLo right now. I sincerely doubt that Retaliation and Nodlied are a scum team, but I suppose Mojo's flip will tell us more in that regard.