[Game Over-Warmonger Victory] Cuban Missile Crisis Mafia

OrangeP47

Oh damn, a lot happened while I was away. Mojo I stand corrected, I didn't think you could come up with that cover identity and I guess I was wrong.

With Shade dead that puts the most likely Soviet Scum back on KY and Retaliation, but I'm hesitant to believe either to be Scum right now. I'm gonna put the Soviet search on hold until Fidel Castro is dealt with.

A minor correction, KY,  Retaliation was the last one to put out his nationality.

And of course I wouldn't try to let people know who I am, who'd want to make themselves a target? I did the same thing in the last warmonger game and it worked well, at least after Jeod proved my innocence before his death. Also, I had my avatar out there for you guys which I figured would be enough of a hint if you really thought about it. But it seems necessary to say now.

My character is Admiral Robert Lee Dennison. And like I said before, my ability is pretty obvious >.> I initially wanted to joke about the cane and FRAYDO, because I hold the "cane" (blockade).

For the American Scum suspects, in order.

ChopBam - Has been decently helpful throughout the game, but mostly to the beginner, and has been pretty sketchy with his nightly reports. Claimed what looks to be a tracker role, but hasn't given any reports.

Nodlied - He's been away for a good portion but has helped when able. His abilities seem to check out, but he's only "confirmed" things that people have already said.

Jeod - Been distracted with GW2, but has been noticeably trying to give more effort. He, for sure, is a watcher at least.

Alright, Irish. Claiming roleblocker? Fair enough.

Explain two things:

1. You're claiming to be a roleblocker. Who have you blocked, then?

2. How do you explain Shades using his ability on you, and the math showcasing the world tension going down in line with his ability's description?

1 hour ago, Killing You said:

And then there's Irish. In all his helpfulness, I never noticed that he was only helpful with information that didn't pertain to himself. He never had to defend Mojoman, who slipped by quietly in the background, using only a maple leaf to conceal himself. He was also the last person to reveal his nationality, and in doing so he likely knew that claiming Soviet would be career suicide due to Shade's role.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:20 PM, TheIrishman said:

With only two people left who haven't exposed their alignments, if there is someone with an alignment oriented goal, it'd be pretty easy to guess so I'll just throw it out there. I'm an American too. If we want to avoid giving the imaginary TP (imaginary, because we don't know if they exist in this game) too much of an advantage in the next warmonger game, like Cat 5 said, we shouldn't be so hasty to line ourselves up as targets.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:25 PM, Shade939 said:

My character is Vasili Arkhipov, and I had one specif goal I was supposed to fulfill that was mentioned by the GM, I was supposed to stop my fellow Rusian Officer using my abilities or else the Scum Team would have a significant advantage. 

KY, you need to fix your memory. You first say I'm the last person to reveal my role, then say I revealed it to be American knowing Shade's role existed. Get your timeline straight.

I haven't done anything yet. My ability is still locked. I got a message D2 saying that it was unlocked, but it got relocked after FRAYDO died. I'm guessing the WT threshold for it is 35 or 40.

I didn't get any notification of Shade's ability hitting me, but I don't have a passive either.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

KY, you need to fix your memory. You first say I'm the last person to reveal my role, then say I revealed it to be American knowing Shade's role existed. Get your timeline straight.

Alright, I admit to that being a mistake on my part.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I didn't get any notification of Shade's ability hitting me, but I don't have a passive either.

I didn't get a notification about Jeod's visit, so people not receiving reports is consistent. Still doesn't answer my question, though.

I don't know. Let's see, the WT could've only went up by 15 points because FRAYDO was alive N1 and used an ability to affect it. Another option is whatever Scum did N1 to raise it 25 points, they didn't do N2. Or maybe there's were bonus points for killing the Kennedy family.

47 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Oh damn, a lot happened while I was away. Mojo I stand corrected, I didn't think you could come up with that cover identity and I guess I was wrong.

With Shade dead that puts the most likely Soviet Scum back on KY and Retaliation, but I'm hesitant to believe either to be Scum right now. I'm gonna put the Soviet search on hold until Fidel Castro is dealt with.

A minor correction, KY,  Retaliation was the last one to put out his nationality.

And of course I wouldn't try to let people know who I am, who'd want to make themselves a target? I did the same thing in the last warmonger game and it worked well, at least after Jeod proved my innocence before his death. Also, I had my avatar out there for you guys which I figured would be enough of a hint if you really thought about it. But it seems necessary to say now.

My character is Admiral Robert Lee Dennison. And like I said before, my ability is pretty obvious >.> I initially wanted to joke about the cane and FRAYDO, because I hold the "cane" (blockade).

For the American Scum suspects, in order.

ChopBam - Has been decently helpful throughout the game, but mostly to the beginner, and has been pretty sketchy with his nightly reports. Claimed what looks to be a tracker role, but hasn't given any reports.

Nodlied - He's been away for a good portion but has helped when able. His abilities seem to check out, but he's only "confirmed" things that people have already said.

Jeod - Been distracted with GW2, but has been noticeably trying to give more effort. He, for sure, is a watcher at least.

We have a confirmed town stating that he had a soviet player he is trying to hunt. We have 2 other known soviet players, KY and myself. KY cannot be anyone but the soviet world leader, master of shoes. He's also already been targeted by Shade. Saying either of us could be Shade's prey, is effectively saying I'm scum. I thought you believed I was the cop?

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I don't know. Let's see, the WT could've only went up by 15 points because FRAYDO was alive N1 and used an ability to affect it. Another option is whatever Scum did N1 to raise it 25 points, they didn't do N2. Or maybe there's were bonus points for killing the Kennedy family.

So you're saying Shade was lying about how his ability functioned.

It might be possible shade whiffed and we can't tell because scum didn't pump up the WT tonight. Perhaps they were busy doing something else.

Like inviting cops to docs.

Food for thought on Irish. I don't think we can reasonably make progress without lynching or use of night actions.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

We have a confirmed town stating that he had a soviet player he is trying to hunt. We have 2 other known soviet players, KY and myself. KY cannot be anyone but the soviet world leader, master of shoes. He's also already been targeted by Shade. Saying either of us could be Shade's prey, is effectively saying I'm scum. I thought you believed I was the cop?

That's why I said I was hesitant to believe either one of you to be Scum, shifting the focus towards the American Scum until Mojo is dealt with which would help give us a better understanding about you.

Just now, Killing You said:

So you're saying Shade was lying about how his ability functioned.

Where or how did I say that?

20 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

This statement contradicts his claim that his ability (combined with flavor) is designed to stop passive WT increase.

Just now, Killing You said:

This statement contradicts his claim that his ability (combined with flavor) is designed to stop passive WT increase.

You're clearly not paying attention to math or logic then. He said his ability is supposed to stop passive WT increases of one specific Scum player. So, assuming I'm Town, which I'd like to, he wouldn't have done anything if he targeted me. Or, like you said before, if he targeted someone else, or if him dying prevented his ability from activating. So, I gave a few possibilities of why the WT is where it is. Of course, like your ability (which I think almost guarantees you as Town) there could be more players with abilities to affect WT, adding more factors to the equation. It could've gone something like 30 WT + 15 WT - 20 WT,  30 WT + 10 WT + 5 WT - 20 WT,  30 WT + 25 WT - 20 WT- 5 WT - 5 WT, or 30 WT + 15 WT + 10 WT - 20 WT - 10 WT 

He also said that doing so lowers WT by 10.

Who else would he have targeted? I'm out because Jeod watched me, and I didn't get any other visitors. Plus I used my ability, which lowered WT by another 20.

Retaliation is out because his cop report and discussion with Mojo line up with Nodlied's report.

Mojoman is out because he's Cuban.

Everyone else is out because Shades didn't doubt their alignment.

I think it's game, set, and match, buddy. Do you have an alternate theory as to who the scum could be?

I'm finally at a computer and can report my findings from last night.

FRAYDO seemed largely responsible for the WT hit on N1. With him gone and the WT-lowering actions that have been employed, I'd say WT is at a pretty good place now, so we probably don't need to focus too much on a WT loss. Can keep an eye on it for later if it spikes, but for now I suggest we not worry.

1 hour ago, TheIrishman said:

Fine you've got me. I'm a tracker. It's funny for you to lay doubt on my "sketchy night reports," Mr. My Actions Are Locked. However I must admit I tracked you last night and you didn't appear to visit anyone. So your alibi checks out for now. If you are scum, I think it was your partner, Mojo, who killed Shade. If Mojo didn't kill Shade then we have other problems, but this is my conclusion as that's where all the evidence points to.

Any other reasons to suspect me, Irishman? Or is it just your gut?

Still plenty of day left to figure out where to cast our votes. Although I think we all know where it's going to go. Since there's no hammer, I'm going to place it on the obvious.

##vote Mojoman

I know he said it lowered it by 10 WT, but if I was Scum and I was so worried about it, don't you think I would've blocked him? If I could lie about being American, I could easily lie about my ability being locked.

Assuming there's 3 Scum and that Scum can't use an ability and NK, I would've had one Scum member kill Shade while I blocked him. Assuming there's only 2 Scum, I wouldn't have had Mojo use a masonry ability. I would've had him kill Shade while I blocked him.

You're thinking about this too simply. If I were not me, but Scum, I'd kill Shade and hold back on any extra WT changing actions to try and pin it on me. And again, you're not even considering other options, like Scum having a WT increasing ability they can only use every other day, or that FRAYDO could've increased it that extra 10 points N1. You're matching things to your own prerogative.

If the WT does increase after Scum is lynched, like Jeod thinks, I'll RB whoever you guys think is Scum, even myself if that's possible, and you can have Jeod watch my target. Unless you think it's Jeod, then that'll complicate my proof. And if we have an ability cop like last game, my action is called "Blockade" as in the thing I'm supposed to do :v Hence the kraken, the nemesis to all ships. It'd be pretty hard for a captain of a submarine to set up a blockade considering he's underwater >.>

Given that Mojo is Fidel, there could only be 2 other Scum. If the NK still happens, then you'll know that I didn't do it and that my target didn't either. If the nightkill doesn't happen, then it'd be me and whoever I targeted. Of course Scum could just not NK to get me lynched, but I don't think they'd sacrifice a NK for it.

Like I said before, I think ChopBam and Nodlied are our most likely suspects.

11 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Given that Mojo is Fidel, there could only be 2 other Scum.

Ah I just re-read this, so you do suspect Mojo. Forget what I asked about the cop report, but your "dirt" on me is still grasping at straws.

11 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'm finally at a computer and can report my findings from last night.

FRAYDO seemed largely responsible for the WT hit on N1. With him gone and the WT-lowering actions that have been employed, I'd say WT is at a pretty good place now, so we probably don't need to focus too much on a WT loss. Can keep an eye on it for later if it spikes, but for now I suggest we not worry.

Fine you've got me. I'm a tracker. It's funny for you to lay doubt on my "sketchy night reports," Mr. My Actions Are Locked. However I must admit I tracked you last night and you didn't appear to visit anyone. So your alibi checks out for now. If you are scum, I think it was your partner, Mojo, who killed Shade. If Mojo didn't kill Shade then we have other problems, but this is my conclusion as that's where all the evidence points to.

Any other reasons to suspect me, Irishman? Or is it just your gut?

Still plenty of day left to figure out where to cast our votes. Although I think we all know where it's going to go. Since there's no hammer, I'm going to place it on the obvious.

##vote Mojoman

Uh, yeah, you claimed to have tracked a dead man who can't contradict your claims and you claimed to have tracked me after I already said I've done nothing. You're about as bad as Nodlied right now. 

6 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Oh wait, you were just talking about FRAYDO, you didn't track him. But still, claiming to track me after I said I did nothing isn't proof that you're a tracker.

Guess I'm not the only one who speed-reads around here. xD

You're right, it's not proof. But neither is claiming that your actions are locked while WT is conveniently low. That's why I checked you.

If Nodlied and/or I were teamed up with Mojo, don't you think we would be agreeing with Jeod that Retaliation's report must have been changed to insane in order to keep Mojo from getting lynched, rather than jumping down his throat like we did?