[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

I've thought about it and I don't think I trust Jeod enough to be champion (also he can't fight himself). I'm also slowly coming to the realization that I don't have much to offer but combat skills.

##champion Retaliation

Umm excuse me, but I believe the correct notation for that is

##vote champion Retaliation

Shouldn't be we looking at FP loss that's unaccounted for? Assuming that corrupting Town cost FP, Sunflower, Nodlied, and Retaliation would be our suspects. Maybe FRAYDO, I doubt it'd cost 50 FP to corrupt a player, but he could be lying about tracking Orange.

OrangeP47 - Suspicious. If he's Scum, his partner is probably FRAYDO or Nodlied. He's claimed to be not combat oriented in a Duel, yet Dexterity would count as a combative attribute to me. Charisma deals with his night actions which shouldn't affect a Duel. He flipped on Shade last minute, which is sketchy especially with that whole "Mama Bear" attitude, but stupid for Scum. Wouldn't be the first time though *cough cough* Isaac *cough* It's odd that he complained about Jeod making a n00b mistake, but then proceeded to make the same mistake, telling everyone what he thinks Nodlied did before Nod could respond. His claim about Force Ghosts is a bit suspicious since I can think of a few ways it could be used to Scum's benefit. I'm still willing to give him a chance to prove it, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Cat5 - Quiet as of late, but he also has a lack of interest in Star Wars. Probably Town.

ChopBam - Again, reading Town to me. He's not very aggressive, but he pushes back when pushed which seems normal.

Jeod - Acting out of character. One of my top suspects, his logic is hard to follow. Pretty sure enough people have voiced why he's a suspect.

Sunflower - Seems pretty Townie for a n00b, popping in occasionally to give her thoughts.

@Nodlied- Before I give my analysis, mind telling us what you did for N1, besides learning a T2?

Killing You - Last free pass (unless they give you a lot of Vicodin like they did for me), if you're able to, try to be more active.

Retaliation - Suspect. In addition to him being rather bold, which is out of character, seeming to always want to duel, he also has 10 FP unaccounted for and he's the Wisdom attribute that's "meant" for duels. Though I'm still unsure how Wisdom helps in a Duel.

Voe - A loose cannon. He's more than likely Town, since he informed us about being him afflicted with the Dark Side. Although he's probably Town, I still fully expect him to screw us over.

FRAYDO - I'm unsure, he's a hard one to gauge. He seems Town, but I could also see him claiming to track Orange since he already "knew" what Orange would do, while doing something else. The reason why I think he'd be lying about that action is because I doubt corrupting a player would cost 50FP, it's just too noticeable.

Finally someone gets back on track. I've done my part to help for the time being, and I'm super annoyed, so I'm going to sit back for a bit and let others pull their own weight. Should you see any discrepancies in my FP usage though, I'll be happy to oblige. I refuse, however, to answer questions from the dead, since if it wasn't mentioned publicly then they shouldn't be interacting with the living regardless of game setting.

Just now, Jeod said:

Finally someone gets back on track. I've done my part to help for the time being, and I'm super annoyed, so I'm going to sit back for a bit and let others pull their own weight. Should you see any discrepancies in my FP usage though, I'll be happy to oblige. I refuse, however, to answer questions from the dead, since if it wasn't mentioned publicly then they shouldn't be interacting with the living regardless of game setting.

Nodlied was able to interact with the world if he died as long as there were 5 or more players alive in my CYOR - Halloween Edition. Although I think I might've vaguely insinuated it when describing why I left all players on the CVC regardless of status.

I don't think dead players interacting with the living is that far-fetched. It'd actually be a relatively interesting mechanic on Vert's part so that we could enjoy more Star Wars even if we die, but I can also see how it could be a made-up ability to stall for time or for Scum to dictate who'll go up to Duel. I wonder if Force Track can be used on the dead since he still has his Force. Or if there's a watcher ability, we could use that instead.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Ah.

Well I didn't do it because I was spending that FP to raise my max FP.

Unless both you and KY are a team, I think that ability is confirmed then. And I expect to see you both at 110 FP when you rest.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Nodlied was able to interact with the world if he died as long as there were 5 or more players alive in my CYOR - Halloween Edition. Although I think I might've vaguely insinuated it when describing why I left all players on the CVC regardless of status.

I don't think dead players interacting with the living is that far-fetched. It'd actually be a relatively interesting mechanic on Vert's part so that we could enjoy more Star Wars even if we die, but I can also see how it could be a made-up ability to stall for time or for Scum to dictate who'll go up to Duel. I wonder if Force Track can be used on the dead since he still has his Force. Or if there's a watcher ability, we could use that instead.

Unless both you and KY are a team, I think that ability is confirmed then. And I expect to see you both at 110 FP when you rest.

I know, but iirc Nodlied couldn't actually speak to anyone, just affect them with actions. Ironically, that's the very thing I joked with Verti60 about after Shade's death--that he'd be able to be a force ghost and send players FP each night or something. It's that dead players can apparently still use their strongest weapon--their words--that I have a problem with. Might as well skip the death mechanic altogether in that case.

2 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

It's stacking. So I'm at 120 right now because I started with it. Incidentally I can also confirm wisdom does have a basic ability to fend off dark powers.

As for force ghosts...

Not nearly as dickish as the time I gave all vanilla town guns that could only kill vanilla town.

Just now, Jeod said:

I know, but iirc Nodlied couldn't actually speak to anyone, just affect them with actions. Ironically, that's the very thing I joked with Verti60 about after Shade's death--that he'd be able to be a force ghost and send players FP each night or something. It's that dead players can apparently still use their strongest weapon--their words--that I have a problem with. Might as well skip the death mechanic altogether in that case.

Well >.> I actually limited him to one free post between every 2 phases. So if he said something Day Two, he couldn't say anything until Day Three. Although I was debating whether or not to have it as an announcement post like the typewriter. He wasn't able to vote and he didn't count towards the Town player count, and he disappeared when there were only 5 players left. It was mostly to counter Kam, since I was thinking Nodlied would use his roleblock to find out who had the randomize ability, but it didn't turn out that way.

38 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Killing You - Last free pass (unless they give you a lot of Vicodin like they did for me), if you're able to, try to be more active.

Don't worry about me, the pain is under control. I just haven't had a lot to say, and what I have had to say, I've said it.

49 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

OrangeP47 - Suspicious. If he's Scum, his partner is probably FRAYDO or Nodlied. He's claimed to be not combat oriented in a Duel, yet Dexterity would count as a combative attribute to me. Charisma deals with his night actions which shouldn't affect a Duel. He flipped on Shade last minute, which is sketchy especially with that whole "Mama Bear" attitude, but stupid for Scum. Wouldn't be the first time though *cough cough* Isaac *cough* It's odd that he complained about Jeod making a n00b mistake, but then proceeded to make the same mistake, telling everyone what he thinks Nodlied did before Nod could respond. His claim about Force Ghosts is a bit suspicious since I can think of a few ways it could be used to Scum's benefit. I'm still willing to give him a chance to prove it, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Thinking about it, I don't think Orange being scum would necessarily implicate either FRAYDO or Nodlied. If he is scum, I'd put more money on him following through with FRAYDO's plan while his scum buddy did the deed.

If the force ghost thing as Orange describes it is true, then the line between living and dead is too thin. There might not be cause for concern at present, but it seems like a slippery slope with potential to get worse.

Sorry guys, but regardless of alignments this is something I can’t support. Enjoy the game and see you in CYOR 3.

##resign

It seems like simply a mason that costs force points and may not always work. Heck, it's also possible that they can't replenish their force points, which would put further limitations on them. And let's not forget, they can't deadpost anyway.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Don't worry about me, the pain is under control. I just haven't had a lot to say, and what I have had to say, I've said it.

Thinking about it, I don't think Orange being scum would necessarily implicate either FRAYDO or Nodlied. If he is scum, I'd put more money on him following through with FRAYDO's plan while his scum buddy did the deed.

The reason why I suspected Orange and FRAYDO is because FRAYDO basically forced Orange to admit what he did, possibly creating false tension between them. The result from it is both Orange and FRAYDO being "cleared" with their night actions. And I'm not sure if the Charisma attribute actually lets you have 2 Holo-pads open, it might be a cover for them to be openly partners, while keeping a good cover for them to be following the Dark Side instead. It'd be pretty clever for them to do, maybe too clever, which is why I'd be leaning more for Orange and Nodlied. 

As for Orange and Nodlied, FRAYDO mentioned how insistent Orange was on tracking Nodlied. Add that in to how...

Jeod, really?

Updated Table:

Players

Character

Race

Skills

Claimed Abilities

N1

N2

Sunflower

Aayla Secura

Twi’lek

?

?

None

Learn T1

Learn T2

? (-10 FP)

Shade939

Dare Komad

Whiphid

[Con]

[Wis]

None

Learn T1 + Protect Self

Duel

OrangeP47

Unknown

Unknown

[Dex]

[Cha]

None

Holo-Pad – Shade

Track Force TheIrishman – No Force Used

? (-10 FP)

Track Force Nodlied – Townish ability

Nodlied

Unknown

Unknown

?

[Int]

None

Learn T1

Learn T2

? (-10 FP)

Jeod

Unknown

“Human”

?

[Cha]

None

Learn T1

? (-10 FP)

Learn T2

Killing_You

Unknown

Mandalorian

?

[Wis]

None

“Failed Holo-Pad – OP47”

+10 Max FP

Learn T1

Retaliation

Tachanka

Unknown

[Con]

[Wis]

None

Learn T1

+10 Max FP

Learn T2

+10 Max FP

Category 5

Christina Starleaper

“Kiffar”

?

[Int]

None

Learn T1

Learn T2

TheIrishman

Faelyn The Seeker

Stennes Shifter

[Con]

[Int]

None

Learn T1

Learn T2

Duel

FRAYDO

Unknown

Unknown

?

[Cha]

None

Holo-Pad – OP47

Track Force TheIrishman – No Force Used

Sense Meditation

Force Track OP47 – Force Track

Voe

Unknown

Unknown

[Str]

[Int]

None

Learn T1

? (-10 FP)

Learn 2 T2

Chopbam

Unknown

“Human”

[Dex]

[Wis]

None

Learn T1

Learn T2

Just now, Killing_You said:

It seems like simply a mason that costs force points and may not always work. Heck, it's also possible that they can't replenish their force points, which would put further limitations on them. And let's not forget, they can't deadpost anyway.

Maybe, but I’m not taking my chances this time. Just keep playing.

As for Orange and Nodlied, FRAYDO mentioned how insistent Orange was on tracking Nodlied. Add that in to how Nodlied didn't use his Intelligence to learn two abilities for N0 and supposedly for N1 and Orange claiming Nod did a very Town ability, it seem suspicious.

Jeod, shouldn't you take your own advice that you gave Shade - to not just surrender. If you win a fight, you'll stay in and keep playing, if you lose, at least you tried.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

If the force ghost thing as Orange describes it is true, then the line between living and dead is too thin. There might not be cause for concern at present, but it seems like a slippery slope with potential to get worse.

Sorry guys, but regardless of alignments this is something I can’t support. Enjoy the game and see you in CYOR 3.

##resign

There's no resign option from the Council, all Master Jedi are needed in the Meeting. You can resign/surrender during a Duel if you want though, but as you said to Shade, the surrendering is basically just bad for everybody, not just yourself, and you have really nothing to lose trying.

There are a couple things I think about the current situation.

Voe needs to decide if he wants to rid himself of his corruption. If he does, he should be the champion today. He already looked powerful in practice, and he seems to have more tools than anybody else. Assuming the prize for winning is the same each time, Voe can use it to reverse his corruption.

Alternatively, having OrangeP47 go up against Jeod would work pretty well. OrangeP47 could be lying, but I don't think he is.  Then the fact that Jeod is reacting so negatively to something that should be good news for town suggests to me that he's unhappy about it. And people who should be unhappy about it include: Shitstains. Nobody else. No matter who dies during this duel, we'd be almost certain to learn something useful.

Actually, we might be better served putting Orange up against Jeod.

If Jeod wins, we learn more about Orange and get an early idea of whether or not his force ghost communication with Shade is true or not. He's also someone with unaccounted for night actions, which is part of our focus of discussion right now.

If Orange wins, Jeod gets his wish, and we learn whether or not his behavior has scummy intentions.

##vote champion Orange

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Why would you flip which side he duels on just if he decides to fight?

Incentive. If he doesn't want to play and he also feels like he won't have a chance at winning, then he'll just surrender. But if he's given Champion, which should increase his chances of winning, he might be more willing to play. But at this moment, I'm not very hopeful. Probably a 90% chance he's done with the game from that attitude.