[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Okay, time for a MAJOR reveal.

Shade is still in this game.  He's a force ghost.  He can only contact people who are completely uncorrupted by the dark the side.  Therefore he can prove that I'm not sith, because he contacted me.  Next night he can contact someone else and verify this information with them.

Well damn! That's interesting. I guess I'd be willing to give you until tomorrow to confirm that.

Just now, Jeod said:

This sounds like utter bullshit. Shade hasn't been checking the thread at all, and force ghosts that work in such a way don't make sense with the information we've found on Sith so far.

He's browsing in invisible mode because he wanted to be secretive or some crap.  He's here now, though.

Let's compare you with KY though.  KY has been super apologetic about being inactive, and while I still want to investigate him, I want to less than you, because you dig your heels in when challenged.

Fair enough on KY. But I will totally dig my heels in. I don't want to give up so easily like Alstar, Mojoman, and sometimes Retaliation do. When I was in the scumdoc last game, my biggest disappointment in the remaining players was that they gave up too easily. It's one of the reasons we left them alive so long. And so, on the other side this game, I will dig my heels in. While I am busy and can't crunch all these numbers and spend all day theorycrafting about force power usage, I'll still put up a fight against your shenanigans.

##vote sith Jeod

Now that I've committed to a path, I want to make sure you can't issue wild challenges until the proper time has passed.

Please. If I thought I was set on challenging you, I'd have issued it already. You're the one flailing your arms.

##vote sith Jeod

Now that I've committed to a path, I want to make sure you can't issue wild challenges until the proper time has passed.

While I'm not convinced on your claim, this is still a good idea to lock down the more chaotic personalities amongst us.

I guess it's possible that if Shade talks to the other Sith, they could lie and "confirm" it, but the odds are more likely he talks to a Jedi. I feel like this is a big enough thing that it's worth finding out. And if it doesn't happen we can vote him Sith on the next meeting.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I guess it's possible that if Shade talks to the other Sith, they could lie and "confirm" it, but the odds are more likely he talks to a Jedi. I feel like this is a big enough thing that it's worth finding out. And if it doesn't happen we can vote him Sith on the next meeting.

Shade can't talk to sith, or people corrupted by the dark side, so Voe is out of the question, at least for sure.

So I just came back from a day of hard work, read the thread, and still dont'fully understand what is going on.

Am I correct to say that we have a Jeod vs P47 Thunderbolt case going on?

Just now, Sunflower said:

OrangeP47's not a Sith unless FRAYDO's his scumbuddy. FRAYDO confirmed that Orange used a tracking ability last night, which means combined with his holopad on D1, he has next to no learning available to him. Orange would therefore not be all over participating in a duel as a Sith, even if FRAYDO was his partner. He didn't act in DeathNote until the time was right, after all. This is why I haven't voted for him and why I haven't issued a challenge.

He's just got a vendetta against me for getting Shade killed.

Just now, Nodlied said:

So I just came back from a day of hard work, read the thread, and still dont'fully understand what is going on.

Am I correct to say that we have a Jeod vs P47 Thunderbolt case going on?

More like a "P47 wants Jeod dead" case.

Just now, Jeod said:

OrangeP47's not a Sith unless FRAYDO's his scumbuddy. FRAYDO confirmed that Orange used a tracking ability last night, which means combined with his holopad on D1, he has next to no learning available to him. Orange would therefore not be all over participating in a duel as a Sith, even if FRAYDO was his partner. He didn't act in DeathNote until the time was right, after all. This is why I haven't voted for him and why I haven't issued a challenge.

He's just got a vendetta against me for getting Shade killed.

Shade has more of a vendetta than I do.  Believe me, having him in a doc is almost a curse rather than a blessing.

Shade wants this said:  If he accidentally visits a sith or a corrupted player, he'd simply be locked out for the night.  That's bad for confirming me and someone else as town, but in the long run can also work as a basic sith detector.

We should be wary of picking who's the messenger, and that makes them prime target for the next corruption attack like Voe received.

Shade THINKS Wisdom characters can protect themselves from that, maybe making them viable targets for this maneuver, but the WIFOM disco might be the game we have to play.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

We should be wary of picking who's the messenger, and that makes them prime target for the next corruption attack like Voe received.

Shade THINKS Wisdom characters can protect themselves from that, maybe making them viable targets for this maneuver, but the WIFOM disco might be the game we have to play.

True, but if someone tries to corrupt the messenger, that would kinda confirm things too.

Shade wants this said:  If he accidentally visits a sith or a corrupted player, he'd simply be locked out for the night.  That's bad for confirming me and someone else as town, but in the long run can also work as a basic sith detector.

The dead can still communicate with the living--this is the primary reason I don't believe your claim of force ghosts. That's a super far stretch even for Verti60.

However, it is true that Shade's FP decreased by 10 since his death and this phase.

8JRvbht.png

5SDv2YY.png

I think it's more likely that a Sith can use an ability to gain FP from the dead instead of Resting, therefore freeing up other abilities in the same night. Off to the charts!

That's a good point too... hmmmm.... are you a Wisdom character? Can you somehow protect yourself?

Of course, the sith might have another way of interfering with this that we don't know about.... what does the group think?

I don't like having to out so much about myself, but yes and yes.

Just now, Jeod said:

The dead can still communicate with the living--this is the primary reason I don't believe your claim of force ghosts. That's a super far stretch even for Verti60.

Flavor wise he just vanished, like tends to happen in these force ghost situations.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It's really not that far fetched. I think we could give this another day to confirm it by having Shade try to visit someone else, but it actually makes sense given the setup, and it's consistent with Shade's Force point dip.

For all your interrogation of Shade yesterday for being certain, you seem pretty certain yourself. That and the speed in which you jump to accusing someone have my suspicions pretty high. I wouldn't mind putting you up as Sith.

Well this is a brain teaser. While I'm looking, here's what I'm getting at for you gents who might be confused. I'll use FRAYDO as an example.

FRAYDO uses -50 FP to ##sense meditation, and -10 FP to ##learn. This accounts for his 60 FP expense, but he claims he tracked OrangeP47. Let's add that and the "force drain", as I'll call it, to the equation.

FRAYDO (-60 FP) = (-50 FP) ##sense meditation + (-10 FP) ##learn + (+10 FP) ##force drain + (-10 FP) ##track

This seems more plausible to me.