[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

12 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Indeed. Sith can hide, but they still have to get their story straight.  You shouldn't take that chance away from someone.

Jeod is firmly in my suspicious category, along with ChopBam and KY(for inactivty/general lack of production).  Town reads are FRAYDO, Nodlied, and Cat 5 (Though amazingly, Cat 5 is firmly number 3 :p ).  Everyone else is a Shade of Grey.

Get real. Your sudden flip on Shade the other day is more suspicious than my action. You wanna fite?

Just now, Jeod said:

Get real. Your sudden flip on Shade the other day is more suspicious than my action. You wanna fite?

If challenged to a duel by you, I would accept.  You were the one pushing on Shade.  I only let him get voted because it seemed like he was going to get voted anyway and we had agreed if that was the case it was better to do it on Shade's terms.

Unilateral decisions are bad for town.  We should let town decide, and I'd much prefer to go first by being voted champion :p I'll fight you, but I'd prefer it to be via the vote.

I think you're the one who actually doesn't want to fight, because you'll know I'll flip Jedi, and further discredit you with two failures in a row.  If I become a martyr, that's curtains for you.

Just now, Retaliation said:

I'd like to see you argue this further.

I'm simply pointing out that his sudden jump on the Shade train after spending half a day defending him can be deemed more suspicious than my flow of logic leading to what FRAYDO did. Consider, if FRAYDO had just quoted me and said "yeah that's right" rather than explain his actions in his own words, I would be holding the magnifying glass over him right now.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Unilateral decisions are bad for town.  We should let town decide, and I'd much prefer to go first by being voted champion :p I'll fight you, but I'd prefer it to be via the vote.

I think you're the one who actually doesn't want to fight, because you'll know I'll flip Jedi, and further discredit you with two failures in a row.  If I become a martyr, that's curtains for you.

You just want an advantage. :p It sounds a lot like you're trying to bait me into issuing a challenge.

Just now, Jeod said:

I'm simply pointing out that his sudden jump on the Shade train after spending half a day defending him can be deemed more suspicious than my flow of logic leading to what FRAYDO did. Consider, if FRAYDO had just quoted me and said "yeah that's right" rather than explain his actions in his own words, I would be holding the magnifying glass over him right now.

You just want an advantage. :p It sounds a lot like you're trying to bait me into issuing a challenge.

First point (because I'm too lazy to separate the quotes):  It looked like Shade was going to get sithed either way, and we wanted a duel on his terms. Shade tried to clear FRAYDO and I by dying and showing he was town, and us by association.  He wanted to use his death to show you were wrong, which is the key thing here.  I'm willing to do the same.  By striking me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine :p

Second fight:  I may be leaning towards the martyr option, but that doesn't mean I don't still want to win.  I'll take any cheap advantages I can get, especially as I'm not very combat oriented :v

Second fight:  I may be leaning towards the martyr option, but that doesn't mean I don't still want to win.  I'll take any cheap advantages I can get, especially as I'm not very combat oriented

This is also on the assumption that you're sith, and taking you out is an equally valid outcome, of course.

First point (because I'm too lazy to separate the quotes):  It looked like Shade was going to get sithed either way, and we wanted a duel on his terms. Shade tried to clear FRAYDO and I by dying and showing he was town, and us by association.  He wanted to use his death to show you were wrong, which is the key thing here.  I'm willing to do the same.  By striking me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine :p

Second fight:  I may be leaning towards the martyr option, but that doesn't mean I don't still want to win.  I'll take any cheap advantages I can get, especially as I'm not very combat oriented :v

This isn't another "Jeod leads a mistaken train" scenario. Category 5 and FRAYDO are the ones to initially suspect you. Don't know where you're getting this martyr thing from.

Just now, Retaliation said:

You're not saying WHY orange changing his vote is suspicous though. 

Alone it isn't suspicious at all, which is why I defended it when he did it. Compared to his accusation against me, it's more suspicious.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Except it wasn't a foregone conclusion at all? You cast the deciding vote to kill your friend, someone who you claimed to feel like "mama bear" about for like a whole day of council talks. It's hard for me to imagine doing that as a Jedi.

Just now, Jeod said:

This isn't another "Jeod leads a mistaken train" scenario. Category 5 and FRAYDO are the ones to initially suspect you. Don't know where you're getting this martyr thing from.

You're leading it NOW though. You own this whether you admit it or not.

Just now, Jeod said:

Alone it isn't suspicious at all, which is why I defended it when he did it. Compared to his accusation against me, it's more suspicious.

You started in on me first, though this is not OMGUS. I had you behind the inactives on my order of investigation list, because meta wise you were reading as town to me.  However, with your continual pushing I reevaluated, and decided to take your own advice that meta is unreliable, and anyone can change it if they try.  I mean, you're known for that aren't you, ironically making this meta meta (or meta meta meta).

Just now, Sunflower said:

Except it wasn't a foregone conclusion at all? You cast the deciding vote to kill your friend, someone who you claimed to feel like "mama bear" about for like a whole day of council talks. It's hard for me to imagine doing that as a Jedi.

It's what Shade wanted, and if you give me a day, I can prove it. In fact give me a day and I can prove I'm Jedi. That's what I'm giving up by dueling Jeod (and probably losing) now.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, Jeod said:

My apologies Shade, I simply acted upon the best angle I could see from my point of view.

This might be a stretch too, but this could also be seen as a slip, after Shade died. The duel was a bit emotional, what with the wanting to surrender, so people wanted to assure Shade it was "just business".  However, the way Jeod says this makes it a bit ambiguous what his "point of view" is. Is it the scum point of view?

It's interesting how Jeod is one of your prime suspects now, but when I was suspicious of him last turn, you completely rejected my ideas out of hand and even suggested that they were totally based on emotion and not logic.

I was still thinking about his meta at that point :p  Plus I'd have expected after one wrong call for Jeod to settle down a little, but he's not.

I wouldn't say I rejected it out of hand, either.  I did consider it at the time.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Orange is all over the conversation again, and I don't like it. Am I such a prime suspect because you just have no other leads?

On a scale of -5 to 5, you're about a -1.5 at this point.  There are only three people in the negative range. It's a lack of competition.

Instead of getting defensive, though, you could contribute more to the game, which would raise your stock.

On a scale of -5 to 5, you're about a -1.5 at this point.  There are only three people in the negative range. It's a lack of competition.

Instead of getting defensive, though, you could contribute more to the game, which would raise your stock.

lol

This time around, I just don't have as much time to invest as I normally do. Does that make me suspicious?

25 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's what Shade wanted, and if you give me a day, I can prove it. In fact give me a day and I can prove I'm Jedi. That's what I'm giving up by dueling Jeod (and probably losing) now.

What exactly do you mean? How are you going to prove you're a jedi with another day?

Just now, ChopBam said:

This time around, I just don't have as much time to invest as I normally do. Does that make me suspicious?

Frankly, while suspicious isn't the right word, it does rightfully put you on that side of the spectrum.  Scum could easily use that as a mere excuse.  Inactive players are also more "dead weight".

Let's compare you with KY though.  KY has been super apologetic about being inactive, and while I still want to investigate him, I want to less than you, because you dig your heels in when challenged.

You're lucky there's no reason for you to lie about that corruption you got our you might be joining him down there Mister! :p;)

I wouldn't say no reason to lie. He could've wanted to tell us someone gave it to him as a cover for actually getting it himself.

What exactly do you mean? How are you going to prove you're a jedi with another day?

Okay, time for a MAJOR reveal.

Shade is still in this game.  He's a force ghost.  He can only contact people who are completely uncorrupted by the dark the side.  Therefore he can prove that I'm not sith, because he contacted me.  Next night he can contact someone else and verify this information with them.

Okay, time for a MAJOR reveal.

Shade is still in this game.  He's a force ghost.  He can only contact people who are completely uncorrupted by the dark the side.  Therefore he can prove that I'm not sith, because he contacted me.  Next night he can contact someone else and verify this information with them.

This sounds like utter bullshit. Shade hasn't been checking the thread at all, and force ghosts that work in such a way don't make sense with the information we've found on Sith so far.