[Game Over] Star Wars Mafia: Jedi vs Sith

VERTi60

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I don't think I want him to have so much of a chance at winning a duel against any of the other people who have been proposed.

Fair, he's one of the top Scum suspects (if not the top), but it's just so disheartening to see someone give up like that so I figured the risk was worth it, especially if we paired him up against Voe, who should be able to defend himself well. Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I guess the main risk comes in when you're facing someone who might have the ability to take you down in one hit.

Yeah, some of the top level abilities might be like that.  Honestly most we've seen are pretty defensive so far.  I have one defensive ability, and then force bolt, which I showed off in the practice duel against Shade.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Going second doesn't seem to be the end of the world.

There's 3 main advantages.

1. You get to use a Force Power while they have none. (The biggest advantage, especially if we end up unlocking OHKO moves)

2. You get to use your Maneuver Form while they have none. (but remember that it uses more stamina)

3. You can use the Offensive Stance while they have to use the default, meaning when their turn starts, they'll have only 75 or 80 Stamina, but you'll be completely open and down to a minimum of 40-50 stamina. This one isn't really much of an advantage.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Then the fact that Jeod is reacting so negatively to something that should be good news for town suggests to me that he's unhappy about it. And people who should be unhappy about it include: Shitstains. Nobody else. No matter who dies during this duel, we'd be almost certain to learn something useful.

I expected you of all people to understand my reasons for it.

Anyway, my decision to resign is not "needless drama". I have a reason for it and I stand by it. I appreciate the requests to stay and duel, and the comparison to Shade, but Shade and I are willing to give up for entirely different reasons. I feel confident in my dueling ability, but ethically I do not wish to continue.

I think it'd be better not to put Orange in the duel this round just because with the unique situation, we'll learn a lot about him after this night phase. If Shade doesn't contact someone, there's a good chance that he's lying. If Shade does contact someone, it's almost total confirmation that he's a Jedi. I think it would make a lot more sense and we'd learn a lot more if we put other players in this turn's duel.

Also, there's another reason why I think we should have a volunteer for the force ghost contact. Yeah, it's more dangerous for the volunteer, but without a volunteer, we run the risk of two people claiming to be contacted by Shade and muddying the waters. It would pretty much confirm to whoever's telling the truth that the liar is a Sith, but it'd be hard to prove it.

11 hours ago, Killing_You said:

##vote champion Orange

[Vote Counted] Killing You voted OrangeP47 to be the Champion in the Duel!            

10 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

##vote Sith Jeod

[Vote Counted] TheIrishman voted Jeod to be the Sith in the Duel!

29 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

##vote champion Voe

[Vote Counted] Sunflower voted Voe to be the Champion in the Duel!

7CuXzSE.png

I dunno, I'm with Jeod on this one. I'm a bit skeptical on this Force Ghost thing. On one hand, I can see there is a big advantage to staying absolutely true to the Light side. You can even call it a reward for being a good Jedi and not dabbling into the Dark Side. On the other hand, besides it costing FP (as I am assuming) and only being able to contact uncorrupted Jedi, what can the Sith do to combat that? Maybe a hard-counter NFA is needed for them? It's a question of balance for me.

More to the topic, it's too big of a claim for Orange to be lying. I have to ask, does it work the same way as a Holo-doc in that it's open for the Council Meeting? What stops Shade from just sticking with Orange for the remainder of the game since Orange is, by his claim, an uncorrupted Jedi and therefore able to maintain communications? There's the prospect that Jedi can be corrupted as evidenced by Voe and therefore Orange would then a prime target to cut off the Force Ghost, but then that's too risky a move for Sith.

While I'm currently convinced Orange is Town, I'm still suspicious of Nodlied despite the findings. Jeod's willingness to face Nodlied tells me he may be on to something too. As much as Jeod would want to, however, my vote goes again to Rambo with this reasoning to back up my decision:

18 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I've thought about it and I don't think I trust Jeod enough to be champion (also he can't fight himself). I'm also slowly coming to the realization that I don't have much to offer but combat skills.

##champion Retaliation

##vote Champion Retaliation
and
##vote Sith Nodlied

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote champion Category5

##vote Sith Jeod

[Vote Counted] Category 5 voted Category 5 to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] Category 5 voted Jeod to be the Sith in the Duel!

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

##vote Sith Nodlied

[Vote Counted] Jeod voted Nodlied to be the Sith in the Duel!

1 hour ago, FRAYDO said:

##vote Champion Retaliation
##vote Sith Nodlied

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Retaliation to be the Champion in the Duel!

[Vote Counted] FRAYDO voted Nodlied to be the Sith in the Duel!

tvw1Hpx.png

To make more work for Verti.

##vote champion Voe

I trust Voe more than Retal, though I have a null read on Retal.  There's a chance Voe will get the ability to purge that dark side with his winning ability, though no guarantee he gets the same as Irish.