[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, Shade939 said:

Well, except for TheIrishman, I'm pretty certain he's going to lose no matter what happens. :|

Actually never mind, technically he could still win alongside me. Which would be interesting if everyone technically won because of me...

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Unless his win condition included surviving, which a neutral usually does. I don't remember if or what he claimed about that, though.

It sounds like the corpse necromorph in one of the old dead space games. Players "win" if the necromorphs win, instead of their old objectives.

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Unless his win condition included surviving, which a neutral usually does. I don't remember if or what he claimed about that, though.

I'm guessing he'd also survive if Nodlied lived since he infected him before he died, and his character is basically a sentient virus.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'm guessing he'd also survive if Nodlied lived since he infected him before he died, and his character is basically a sentient virus.

While still accurate, what I was actually meaning to convey was it was an extremely intelligent virus capable of reasoning, planning, and all of the other things a good evil villain needs to be capable of doing.

Yeah, I'd suggest going after scum after looking at the math.

Only way you'd come out ahead from targeting my character is if you're absolutely certain that you'd be able to prevent FRAYDO from NKing a town player.

Sounds like there's a few scenarios regarding this.

1. He's already made his abomination. (This is what he appears to be claiming.)
   -Doubtful. I would imagine that he'd need to spend some nights gathering the corpses first. Even if he only needed one body, I would think he'd need a separate night action in order to complete it. If he could create his from one corpse and on the same night as he gathered it, then he could've secured his victory Night 1 with nothing that town could've done to stop it, barring a nolynch or roleblock. As far as I can tell, this would be highly OP, and I don't think this is what we're dealing with.

2. He has the materials for his abomination, but he needs one more night to create it.
   -Somewhat more likely, but I still doubt this is the case. We'd need to lynch him today to prevent its creation.

3. He doesn't have enough materials for his abomination, and needs more time to create it.
   -This, I think, is closer to the truth. In fact, I'd wager that his actual win condition involves gathering two bodies, then creating his creature, and then having it kill a certain amount of players (probably one or two). We'd have a bit of time to work with in this case, but honestly, I'd rather get a known hostile out of the way sooner rather than later.

4. He's lying about his win condition.
   -Unlikely. He was pretty confident that town would help him out (even though he may have fudged the numbers). The only scenarios I can see this being the case are if he's scum or town. And like I said, if he's town it's on him, and if he's scum he needs to die.

Regarding the abomination itself, I'd imagine there would be a way to put it down. Sunflower, you may want to save that daykill. Something tells me that we just might need it.

It does seem a little screwy that he could just make a monster from one guy, but since he did reference VERTi60 as an inspiration and necromorphs were created from one player before being combined with many, I wouldn't be surprised.

VERTi60 would even hide that they were targetable.

8 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It does seem a little screwy that he could just make a monster from one guy, but since he did reference VERTi60 as an inspiration and necromorphs were created from one player before being combined with many, I wouldn't be surprised.

VERTi60 would even hide that they were targetable.

Shoot FRAYDO, lynch Shade?

Eh, let's not use a limited daykill on a threat that we don't know for sure exists. Everything Shade has been saying has been an attempt to get the heat off of him. He's not doing anything else. We can't trust anything he says, as a result of that.

Maybe using a roleblock on FRAYDO would be a good idea, though, to check whether he's a valid target or not. K_Y said his isn't limited, and if I recall correctly, OrangeP47 has one as well?

3 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Just a heads-up, I'll likely be absent until tomorrow afternoon, about 6 hours before hammer. Hopefully I'll be back beforehand, though.

Disregard this message, I'm not stuck in another town like I thought I would be.

26 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Are you certain I'm really worth the effort it's going to take to eliminate me? :v

Considering we're pretty sure that the alternative is a town loss? Yes.

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Eh, let's not use a limited daykill on a threat that we don't know for sure exists. Everything Shade has been saying has been an attempt to get the heat off of him. He's not doing anything else. We can't trust anything he says, as a result of that.

Maybe using a roleblock on FRAYDO would be a good idea, though, to check whether he's a valid target or not. K_Y said his isn't limited, and if I recall correctly, OrangeP47 has one as well?

Yeah, mine's not limited as well.  If FRAYDO does stuff at night though I don't think we'd be effective, just day stuff.

Just now, Jeod said:

Hey, has anyone voted? I kinda lost the CvC when you guys decided to post a span of 4 pages overnight.

No *new* votes I'm pretty sure, just the 2 sitting on Shade that currently exist.

Alrighty then.

Current Vote Count

Category 5 Hurricane voted no one

ChopBam voted [BLOCKED]

Killing You voted Shade939

Nodlied voted no one

OrangeP47 voted Shade939

Retaliation voted no one

Shade939 voted [BLOCKED]

Sunflower voted no one

Shade has majority. ~28 hours to hammer.