[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, Retaliation said:

So you won't be offended when I say it was just as much of a trainwreck :v?

Hey, I offered role request advice at the end of the trainwreck that was CYOR II. Only a few took it. :v

Just now, Killing_You said:

I'll post my thoughts momentarily, but for now, is someone else supposed to go next, or can I go ahead and make an interest thread?

I've asked around and haven't heard anything, although I do know a few of us can host Basics games until the next "big" one.

Roleblocker was actually just something I threw on as a last minute addition because my masonry got nerfed.  Originally I wanted it open until I chose a new target, and I could have TWO docs open, as long as one of my targets was "non-humanoid".  So I could have had Snakemeat AND someone else. 

I'll post my thoughts momentarily, but for now, is someone else supposed to go next, or can I go ahead and make an interest thread?

Ooo, A KY game?  Please don't start it until like April 5th or so so I can play :)

Just now, Retaliation said:

Was shade lying through his teeth when he was trying to deflect the lynch? The abomination's win condition was kill shade.

Shade didn't know that.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Also, fun fact.  I was going to kill Cat 5, but then he said he was night killproof, so I switched targets.  Otherwise we could have been stopped.

You would have deserved it for not killing K_Y... He obviously didn't have any BP and he basically had two votes for his character.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Unless he blocked you first...

I didn't think he would.

Plus, you should be happy.  We actually believed your monster would kill, and we suspected KY as the most likely target.  We didn't want to do a redundant kill.

I didn't think he would.

Plus, you should be happy.  We actually believed your monster would kill, and we suspected KY as the most likely target.  We didn't want to do a redundant kill.

To be fair, having him die did prevented town from being capable of winning, so even if they could lynch my abomination they wouldn't have the votes for it.

Well, neat that I still won in the end. Still pissed at Scum for ruining my Neutral victory though. I suspected Sunflower for a bit, mostly due to the RB, but I ended up passing over her mistakes as n00b errors. I was 100% planning to kill Orange though since he was basically guaranteed Scum in my mind.

I even gave Orange my booster with the intention of bribing Scum to not kill me, but they still did it anyway >.> Way to go. Apologies in advance if I get revenge, Orange.

Just now, Shade939 said:

To be fair, having him die did prevented town from being capable of winning, so even if they could lynch my abomination they wouldn't have the votes for it.

If you would have stayed undercover you might have had a shot at winning.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

Well, neat that I still won in the end. Still pissed at Scum for ruining my Neutral victory though. I suspected Sunflower for a bit, mostly due to the RB, but I ended up passing over her mistakes as n00b errors. I was 100% planning to kill Orange though since he was basically guaranteed Scum in my mind.

I even gave Orange my booster with the intention of bribing Scum to not kill me, but they still did it anyway >.> Way to go. Apologies in advance if I get revenge, Orange.

Honestly, we didn't think you'd work with us.  You seemed too town aligned and reasonable with them.  It did feel bad to target the person who was agreeing with me the most, though.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I knew you were scum for certain by day 3.

But you had no credibility by then 8) 

If you would have stayed undercover you might have had a shot at winning.

There were way too many blockers for that to happen this game, plus I could only collect a total of 6 out of ten players, so I could be blocked without even being targeted, and my abomination was trying to kill me.

Just now, Shade939 said:

There were way too many blockers for that to happen this game, plus I could only collect a total of 6 out of ten players, so I could be blocked without even being targeted, and my abomination was trying to kill me.

Not to mention scum could kill me since they thought I was town...

First of all, way to use my trust like that, Orange. :v (Although I'd like to see how effective of a town team we make in the future). It definitely changes the dynamic of the mason, though. I would not be surprised if future masons got the spotlight because of this game.

I'm also not sure how to feel about Mr. Frankenstein.

Overall, though, this was a fun game.

23 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Ooo, A KY game?  Please don't start it until like April 5th or so so I can play :)

It'll probably be early April before the game is ready, since I'll have to do an interest for which flavor and then sign-ups for the game itself.

Also, Jeod, I think a better solution would be to have people submit multiple requests and balance accordingly. Half the fun of CYOR is seeing what crazy stuff people come up with.

1 minute ago, TheIrishman said:

I did bring up the idea that we could try to convince you to side with us at one point fwiw, but it's asking a hell of a lot for us to trust you not to just toss us to town. Also all of my "mistakes" were discussed with Orange before I did them, so yeah.

First of all, way to use my trust like that, Orange. :v (Although I'd like to see how effective of a town team we make in the future). It definitely changes the dynamic of the mason, though. I would not be surprised if future masons got the spotlight because of this game.

Yeah, I felt really bad about doing it.  I was actually going to mason Cat 5 first and go right for the town jugular, but he was acting a bit odd so I decided to take my chances elsewhere, and you were a good pick.  I will say, before Irish claimed the virus, I thought maybe you were the virus spreader.  I also was preparing to shift blame onto you for being "the other day roleblocker" like Cat 5 mentioned a few time.  Good game and glad you're not too salty about it.