[GAME OVER] CYOR III

Jeod

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly, we didn't think you'd work with us.  You seemed too town aligned and reasonable with them.  It did feel bad to target the person who was agreeing with me the most, though.

I can't blatantly say "Hey Scum! I'm up for working with you guys if need be!" Hence I hinted it multiple times with how I can both help or hurt Town and that I even stated that I'd hope Scum would think I could be of some use. Of course you couldn't have known that I was very suspicious of you being Scum, I still chose not to follow that trail on your behalf >.> I was trying to seem very helpful to Town while not doing too much because my actual victory condition was to infect every living player.

Yeah, I felt really bad about doing it.  I was actually going to mason Cat 5 first and go right for the town jugular, but he was acting a bit odd so I decided to take my chances elsewhere, and you were a good pick.  I will say, before Irish claimed the virus, I thought maybe you were the virus spreader.  I also was preparing to shift blame onto you for being "the other day roleblocker" like Cat 5 mentioned a few time.  Good game and glad you're not too salty about it.

I know from Death Note what a devious bastard you are, so I'm not surprised :p You played a good game, you deserve the win, and I look forward to the next mafia with you.

Just now, TheIrishman said:

I can't blatantly say "Hey Scum! I'm up for working with you guys if need be!" Hence I hinted it multiple times with how I can both help or hurt Town and that I even stated that I'd hope Scum would think I could be of some use. Of course you couldn't have known that I was very suspicious of you being Scum, I still chose not to follow that trail on your behalf >.> I was trying to seem very helpful to Town while not doing too much because my actual victory condition was to infect every living player.

For what it's worth, I used the booster :v  I actually didn't realize it came from you for like most of the day after I got it.  It was less suspicious than Nodlied's food IMO.  I was actually thinking he might have been yet another third party or something and I didn't want to eat it.

Just now, Killing_You said:

I know from Death Note what a devious bastard you are, so I'm not surprised :p You played a good game, you deserve the win, and I look forward to the next mafia with you.

My take away from this is I need to bring my town game in line with my scum game.  People say when I post a lot and make big reads list that's a scum tell for me.  IMO I post a lot and do that ALL the time, but I guess it's not obvious.  I better start doing even more posts as town next time.

Your ability was too obvious though since it didn't redirect abilities that could kill players. So if you redirected Sunflower, your ability would fail and town would be wondering who you targeted, what ability it was, and you'd have to come up with a convincing lie without being capable of talking with scum.

For what it's worth, I used the booster :v  I actually didn't realize it came from you for like most of the day after I got it.  It was less suspicious than Nodlied's food IMO.  I was actually thinking he might have been yet another third party or something and I didn't want to eat it.

Yeah, the hint about the Booster being mine, mostly directed to Cat5 at the time was me mentioning that my item was like rum, "boosting your potential." Oh well, I can't be too salty about it since FRAYDO helped give me a win.

Yeah, the hint about the Booster being mine, mostly directed to Cat5 at the time was me mentioning that my item was like rum, "boosting your potential." Oh well, I can't be too salty about it since FRAYDO helped give me a win.

I just thought first that Cat 5 gave me the booster and I just didn't reexamine that idea for a long time.  It seems like you had a lot going on, almost too much, which is why I attributed it to a player we didn't know much about.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Your ability was too obvious though since it didn't redirect abilities that could kill players. So if you redirected Sunflower, your ability would fail and town would be wondering who you targeted, what ability it was, and you'd have to come up with a convincing lie without being capable of talking with scum.

It was initially supposed to redirect NKs too...but I understand what you mean. I'm sure Scum could've still come up with an excuse or gave people reason to not believe me. Perhaps I should've stated my actual Victory Condition, but if I did then Town might not have trusted me :\

I just thought first that Cat 5 gave me the booster and I just didn't reexamine that idea for a long time.  It seems like you had a lot going on, almost too much, which is why I attributed it to a player we didn't know much about.

Well, Neutral players are supposed to be able to help both sides, so I needed an item like that. Although I could've also used my Possess ability to redirect investigations/tracking away from you two, I don't think you two ever came to that conclusion.

Well, Neutral players are supposed to be able to help both sides, so I needed an item like that. Although I could've also used my Possess ability to redirect investigations/tracking away from you two, I don't think you two ever came to that conclusion.

You were just determined to be too big of a risk.  You focus on how you could have helped scum, we focus on how you could have helped town.  Town seemed ready to accept you as one of their own, unlike Shade's fiasco.  In the end, you weren't Italian enough to join our Mafia :v

You were just determined to be too big of a risk.  You focus on how you could have helped scum, we focus on how you could have helped town.  Town seemed ready to accept you as one of their own, unlike Shade's fiasco.  In the end, you weren't Italian enough to join our Mafia :v

It's a shame Nodlied didn't join you two. I still find it mind boggling that Town lynched Shade rather than you. We knew what Cat5, ChopBam, Retaliation, Shade, KY, and Sunflower did. The only suspect left was you. And you had the claim that your item was stolen when we had pretty much all known actions accounted for. Congrats on convincing them though and on Shade drawing all their attention away from you.

It's a shame Nodlied didn't join you two. I still find it mind boggling that Town lynched Shade rather than you. We knew what Cat5, ChopBam, Retaliation, Shade, KY, and Sunflower did. The only suspect left was you. And you had the claim that your item was stolen when we had pretty much all known actions accounted for. Congrats on convincing them though and on Shade drawing all their attention away from you.

Correction, the only suspects left were you and Nodlied.*

Honestly I think I concentrated the entirety of my luck for the game into that.  It was such a BS claim and I'm totally surprised nobody called me on it.

Yeah, and then you said you had the mesmerized on top of everything else as an item you could only use every other day. I thought KY might have been scum just because he didn't question any of that...

Since KY is going to host a game early April, do you guys think I should host my CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition like now?

If you think you can run it quickly. I'm posting an interest thread right now, but that'll stay open for a while, and then the sign-ups for the actual game will occur, and then balancing and such. I'd be up for it.

Since KY is going to host a game early April, do you guys think I should host my CYOR - Battle of the Gods Edition like now?

Unless a game like starts IMMEDIATELY I can't really play anything until Early April.  The 28th of March is a hard cutoff for me.

Honestly I think I concentrated the entirety of my luck for the game into that.  It was such a BS claim and I'm totally surprised nobody called me on it.

The ability to use a night action and an item made me doubt the usefulness of action counting. Shade was also beginning to convince me he was actually mafia.

Edited by Retaliation

Unless a game like starts IMMEDIATELY I can't really play anything until Early April.  The 28th of March is a hard cutoff for me.

I have all weekend, so I could post sign-ups right now, and probably start it on Monday, if we get enough people for it of course.

Just now, Retaliation said:

The ability to use a night action and an item made me doubt the usefulness of action counting. Shade was also beginning to convince me he was actually mafia.

I would have had to be a solo scum player though to be capable of recruiting new members.

I have all weekend, so I could post sign-ups right now, and probably start it on Monday, if we get enough people for it of course.

Definitely go for it, I'd say. I know a certain someone who will most likely join it.